Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

463 artists are eligible for best new artist at 2022 Grammys

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

This year’s 463 eligible best new artist contenders is the most in eight years. There were 670 eligible artists in 2013 - the most in the history of the category. There have been just 3 other years in which there were 450 or more eligible artists: 1997-99.

There are 1,172 eligible record of the year candidates (down from 1,463 last year); 1,163 song of the year candidates (down from 1,443); and 837 album of the year contenders (down from 1,225).

“Best new artist category recognizes an artist whose eligibility-year release(s) achieved a breakthrough into the public consciousness and notably impacted the musical landscape.”

Polo G is eligible for a 2022 Grammy nomination for best new artist, vying for one of the 8 nomination slots against such front-runners as Olivia Rodrigo, The Kid LAROI, Gabby Barrett, Saweetie, BLACKPINK and Måneskin.

Some pop artists who have been building for a while are also eligible. Ava Max, whose “Sweet but Psycho” made the top 10 on the Billboard Hot 100 in June 2019, is eligible, as is Surfaces, whose “Sunday Best” was first released in 2019, though it only became a hit in 2020.

Several K-pop acts are on the eligibility list, they include  BLACKPINK, Tomorrow x Together, Monsta X and Twice.

Other buzzy artists who are on the eligibility list include Tate McRae, Walker Hayes, Glass Animals, Anitta, Ashe, Baby Keem, Madison Beer, Rina Sawayama, Julien Baker, Girl in Red, Breland, 42 Dugg, G Herbo, Japanese Breakfast, Jxdn, LANY, Duncan Laurence, Kiana Ledé, Lil Tecca, Masked Wolf, Niko Moon, NLE Choppa, Queen Naija, Pa Salieu, Elvie Shane, Tai Verdes and Rod Wave.

Finneas, the brother of the 2019 winner Billie Eilish is on this year’s entry list. Finneas has won eight Grammys for his work with Eilish but not as a performer. Per the Grammy rules: “Not eligible: Any artist with a previous Grammy nomination as a performer.”

source

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

bionic

If I knew I was up against Olivia, I would lay low and hope they let me get nominated next year

buy bionic

Patriziaa Reggiani

Olivia is getting BNA and I expect Driver's license, Good4You plus sour to get their deserved nominations as well 

I will not watch House of Gucci

Thomas P

Olivia is the quintessential BNA.If anyone else won, i’d genuinely be shocked

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Teletubby
10 minutes ago, Thomas P said:

Olivia is the quintessential BNA.If anyone else won, i’d genuinely be shocked

The Kid LAROI can win because he had this song with Bieber 

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

moonsago

The only answer for me is Rina or Monsta X ( but this ain’t gonna happen sadly even though they are one of the best kpop groups ever ) 

Wet Fire

Rina deserves it the most. But the Grammys are clearly not giving her due regard.

Olivia will win. She deserves too.

I hope Finneas doesn't get nominated. His recent solo album is trash.

Archived