💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

K-Pop star dragged for mouthing racial slur

ThisGuyTony

Featured Posts

Sepsami
Just now, bionic said:

If its really that difficult to resist the primal urge to mime a racial slur, at least turn from the camera. If artists want to include it in their work that's their prerogative and a separate issue entirely :vegas: 

Well I disagree :ohwell: you're in the moment, bopping and you slip up. OOP- RIP career :oops: all because you lipsync a word thats in the song?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bionic
1 minute ago, Sepsami said:

Well I disagree :ohwell: you're in the moment, bopping and you slip up. OOP- RIP career :oops: all because you lipsync a word thats in the song?

I don't think your career should be over for it

If you usually avoid it and just slipped up– thats OK. If you just don't care about the centuries of institutional racism behind the word and continue to use it? No thanks, but still not a career cancellation

buy bionic

Sepsami
1 minute ago, bionic said:

I don't think your career should be over for it

If you usually avoid it and just slipped up– thats OK. If you just don't care about the centuries of institutional racism behind the word and continue to use it? No thanks, but still not a career cancellation

Thats a reasonable response you give, avoiding it should be the goal but what annoys me is when someone slips up, twitter comes down on them in a fiery rage :air:

HuffsAhoy
7 minutes ago, Sepsami said:

you gotta realise not everyone is going to agree or approve :saladga: AND THATS FINE, live your life :ohwell:

Do you have this same energy is someone calls you a gay slur? :oprah:

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.

Sepsami
1 minute ago, HuffsAhoy said:

Do you have this same energy is someone calls you a gay slur? :oprah:

If the fword is in a song and they're singing along I dont mind tbh :laughga:

Cookie Tookie

So not saying the word out loud is not enough? You also have to stop lip syncing and resume after the word passes? Make it make sense. 

bionic
1 minute ago, Cookie Tookie said:

So not saying the word out loud is not enough? You also have to stop lip syncing and resume after the word passes? Make it make sense. 

Its one word and you will miss like one second of lipsyncing

buy bionic

Plastic Flower

Well, whatever, Koreans don't care about this stuff anyway. There was this group that did blackface years ago and nothing really happened after that.

I'm not here to tell anyone how they should feel about this but I find it silly to get mad at this. Just learn your lesson, don't do it again, that's it.

Drop it

Under My Name
1 hour ago, BUtterfield 8 said:

No she isn’t. Nobody in Korea cares about idols saying the n word or anything racist. Only international fans.

Their have been tons of kpop idols that have said the n word. Their company either ignores the issue or the idol apologizes.

I think what most likely is gonna happen is Giselle will apologize during a virtual fan meeting. She’s fluent in English. Hopefully she’ll do that.

its probably gonna be a shitty apology đŸ„±

Under My Name
12 minutes ago, Cookie Tookie said:

its literally one word that you have to skip...

Lipsyncing a word is not being used in a derogatory way. People are so woke and edgy. I can almost guarantee you an African American is not the one offended by a Kpop singer lipsyncing a word. 

Chromatography

i don’t have my sound on so maybe i’m having a hard time but i don’t see her lip syncing it

myluis617
1 hour ago, SpiritBunny said:

Likewise I don't think it's taxing at all to let someone have fun and listen and lip synch a song they like. First world problems though. 

First world problems

indeed.

This is why I don't stream or buy any songs that have the word in it. If the word isn't to be said by me, then the song itself clearly isn't for me, either. No drama. 

• PartySick locked this topic

Archived