celeb

Ryan Goslin Is Ken For Greta Gerwig's Barbie The Movie

Teletubby

Featured Posts

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Helxig

Perfect casting, if they were 20 years and 10 years younger respectively :wtfga:   Barbie is supposed to be really young right? Like 20? Unless they're doing some kind of grown up take on Barbie.

Watch them give it the Riverdale treatment and do some dark, edgy, adult version of a kids show like they did with Winx Club :billie:

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

FFXIV WhiteMage
9 minutes ago, Helxig said:

Perfect casting, if they were 20 years and 10 years younger respectively :wtfga:   Barbie is supposed to be really young right? Like 20? Unless they're doing some kind of grown up take on Barbie.

Watch them give it the Riverdale treatment and do some dark, edgy, adult version of a kids show like they did with Winx Club :billie:

Maybe it’s Barbie After Dark :billie:

IWantYourLove

I was about to joke that they should cast me as Barbie but literally froze when I saw Margot Robbie :billie: she seems perfect honestly, albeit a little older than Barbie “supposedly” is. I can’t wait to hopefully see her in pink :tony:

Poissonche
14 minutes ago, Hades said:

The ageism in here. :rip:

I wouldn't say it's really ageism, I think when people think of Barbie and Ken in 2021, they see them more as teenagers than grown adults. However, let's not forget that Barbie has done each and every job in the world, so really, she can be any age.

Levine

Yeah Bomer would have been great, Zac Efron also.

I don't know, bad and cringy feelings about this movie tho, why Ryan accepted this?

7 hours ago, killerstiletto said:

I'm extremely curious as to what the plot will be. Could be fun, could be a train wreck. 

Barbie and Ken live in the real world for 2 hours, they are depressed and in debt, they wanna go back to Malibu in their dreamhouse world, but they struggle. Ken falls in love with a man, and decides he wanna live in the human world now, Barbie tells him he can't read or write, Ken replies he found what humans call a sugar daddy who will take care of him. Barbie feels alone and depressed, the end

Married the Night
2 hours ago, Poissonche said:

I wouldn't say it's really ageism, I think when people think of Barbie and Ken in 2021, they see them more as teenagers than grown adults. However, let's not forget that Barbie has done each and every job in the world, so really, she can be any age.

“They are old AF” 100% ageism…

Bradley
9 hours ago, Glamourpuss said:

He doesn't look like Ken though. When I think of Ken he's very similar to the one in Toy Story 3 and Ryan Gosling looks nothing like that. 

Matt Bomer would be perfect. 

Ryan has a deadpan energy that Matt Bomer doesn't have.

To me, if Matt was chosen it'd just be because of his looks. Ryan would actually act.

I can only imagine him looking lifeless doll like. maybe that’s the vibe with some ultra plastic Margo. That could be fun 

Archived