💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Unpopular movies that you like

Queen Bitch

Featured Posts

Waterworld. It's not my favorite by any means, but I didn't agree with the horrible reviews either. It was a big budget movie and interesting to see how that money was spent anyway, in a world of flawed characters.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Queen Gloria

The 80s Supergirl movie. It's constantly sh*t on by comic movie fans but I really love it. It's campy but it has an amazing score, memorable scenes and characters, and the fabulous Faye Dunaway as the villain (who starred in the equally campy cult 80s movie, Mommie Dearest.) Y'all need to watch this slept on classic. Literally the first female superhero movie but either people haven't seen it, or make fun of it for being cheesy. But I love cheesy, campy 80s stuff so I'm biased. 

MV5BZDUyNTA2MDctMGY1OS00NTgzLThkNzUtOGQ0

huttont
On 10/22/2021 at 4:28 PM, TheDemonIClingTo said:

Alien Resurrection

Sucker Punch

Alien Covenant

Interview With The Vampire (Tom Scientology should play psychos way more often, he was great here and in Collateral)

Immortals (this movie is the best Ancient Greece film ever IMHO)

X-Men Apocalypse (best Quicksilver scene)

Dune 1984

Watchmen (best superhero movie ever, I don't care what they say)

From Hell

Constantine

Hellboy 2 (those were the best elves EVER)

The Thing 2011 (The Thing with badass female protagonist and even more horrifying body horror? Sign me up!)

John Carter (there's not enough Sword and Planet movies out there)

Black Death

I know I've got more, let me think...

I agree with 80% of these and the other 20% is bc I’ve never seen them

Economy
On 10/22/2021 at 4:28 PM, TheDemonIClingTo said:

Dune 1984

Omg my dad made me sit thru that and it was absolutely aweful :deadbanana:

Im a scifi fan and i couldnt stand it

Economy
1 hour ago, bionic said:

Prometheus and Alien: Covenant

Agreed. Dunno why it got so much hate. I liked the movie

LaLuna

Probably Rock Star with Mark Wahlberg, it was a flop when it came out but I really liked it.

On 10/23/2021 at 8:54 AM, LunaUniverse said:

I feel like I’m literally alone in my opinion, but I pick Dude Where’s My Car. I don’t know if my humor is awful or what but I laughed out loud a lot during that movie. I feel like it’s underrated 

I love that movie! I actually have it on VHS :laughga:

My kind of stupid humor, so funny

gagawaffles
On 10/22/2021 at 4:08 PM, TheDemonIClingTo said:

Me too. A victim of alien impregnation RIPPING OUT the alien was one of the most amazing/shooking things I've seen in any movie

I LOVE THIS MOVIE!!! And this is my favorite scene as well!!

Oriane
9 hours ago, luckyanderson said:

I was moreso talking about the second but both are my favorites. You are right Battle Royale is quite a cult classic. 

I haven't seen the second one, but from what I heard, the original director died while it was made or something, and was replaced by another, so that would explain if it was messier than the first one. (or maybe I'm mixing this up with another movie :toofunny:)

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

TheDemonIClingTo
8 hours ago, Economy said:

Omg my dad made me sit thru that and it was absolutely aweful :deadbanana:

Im a scifi fan and i couldnt stand it

It does have some saving graces tho

luckyanderson
10 hours ago, Oriane said:

I haven't seen the second one, but from what I heard, the original director died while it was made or something, and was replaced by another, so that would explain if it was messier than the first one. (or maybe I'm mixing this up with another movie :toofunny:)

No, you are right. The first director did pass and his son took over. The second film itself differs a lot from the first in genre and camera work. It is near impossible to tell who all survives on the beach scene with all of the shaking. The film has a lot of anti-American sentiments throughout it which isn't shocking considering the first director was recruited as an elementary school kid to aid with weapon production and the factory was bombed.

Oriane
1 hour ago, luckyanderson said:

No, you are right. The first director did pass and his son took over. The second film itself differs a lot from the first in genre and camera work. It is near impossible to tell who all survives on the beach scene with all of the shaking. The film has a lot of anti-American sentiments throughout it which isn't shocking considering the first director was recruited as an elementary school kid to aid with weapon production and the factory was bombed.

That's funny, I read the book as well and the story is a bit different. It takes place in a universe where Japan became an authoritarian state after WW2 and became totally anti-American, and the main character listens to a lot of American rock out of rebellion.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

Arcadia
On 10/22/2021 at 2:23 PM, GagaIsMyCure said:

Under The Skin, I love the soundtrack

The song Love is life changing 

Archived