Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

KJ Apa on new album & wanting to be on RuPaul's Drag Race

COOOK

Featured Posts

KJ_Apa_Mathew_Jacinto_Uhrik.jpg KJ_Apa_Grayson_Vaughan.jpg

"Apa’s new album ‘Clocks’, a folky collection that shows off his flair for breezy affairs and seriously impressive guitar skills, is also a family affair. He duets with Berry on the languidly romantic ballad ‘Beautiful Things’ and co-wrote lyrics with his mother. “She’s not very musical – the musical side [of me] comes fully from my dad,” Apa says. “But from this experience I learned that she knows how to write in a musical sense where she understands how syllables fit into certain bars. I would send over some words to her and she could replicate the structure of the first verse [I had written] in the second verse. With a lot of people I’ve written with in the past, this hasn’t happened as perfectly, so it was just very easy for us to collaborate.”"

"He credits his grounded New Zealand upbringing and playing rugby as a teenager with “shaping the man that I am today”. But interestingly, while Apa was learning “morals and teamwork” on the rugby pitch, he was also exploring his feminine side with an alter ego named Fifi. He introduced her to the wider world in July 2020 with the TikTok account @fifiisqueen, which features videos of Apa-as-Fifi dancing, gyrating and lip-syncing without self-consciousness. It’s a lot of fun, and a long way from high school jock Archie Andrews. “No one’s asked me about Fifi before, but she’s been living inside of me for a long time,” Apa says. “I have quite literally known and messed with this character since I was eight, nine, ten years old. She allows me to express the feminine side of myself through moving and my physicality. My sisters would dress me up in drag as a kid – I’d put on lipstick and wear wigs and stuff – and I used to love exploring that part [of myself]. It was epic.”

"But somewhere down the line, he says we’ll “definitely” see her wearing makeup and a wig. “I love watching RuPaul’s Drag Race and I’ve told my agents I want to be on that show,” he adds. “But at the same time, RuPaul’s Drag Race and the characters on that show, they’re the real deal, they’re the most authentic. I don’t think I’d be allowed on that show because I’m not the real deal. But why did I share Fifi with the world? Because it’s not something that I feel like I need to hide. I am proud of Fifi. I really enjoy that [side of myself].” "

Full article here.

We stan a straight man who's this confident with his feminine side and who's not afraid to dabble on it :giveup:

@Kimmo

Chlorine Sevigny
Just now, bionic said:

Why do straights have to insert themselves into everything :neyde: 

If only. :lolly:

elijahfan
11 minutes ago, bionic said:

Why do straights have to insert themselves into everything :neyde: 

It’s not all black and white, you know :ohwell:

Dr Fudge
16 minutes ago, Kimmo said:

The gheys aren’t ready :giveup:

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886304c9376d89557de92

Ran to the comments hoping this would be here 

d8ee68d4f24e481c3c534e7286fd4352.gif

Been a cuff touple, a puff bupple, a tough couple of years.

bionic
6 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

It’s not all black and white, you know :ohwell:

It is for KJ who has asserted he is heterosexual

buy bionic

elijahfan
6 minutes ago, bionic said:

It is for KJ who has asserted he is heterosexual

So what? You can’t be heterosexual and have a feminine side? I hope you’re aware this is the very way of thinking that’s been hurting millions of people through centuries.

bionic
Just now, elijahfan said:

So what? You can’t be heterosexual and have a feminine side? I hope you’re aware this is the very way of thinking that’s been hurting millions of people through centuries.

He's not expressing feminine side– its a gag, a joke to appear edgy. I'm happy to be proven wrong but this being a 'humorous' gag is 100% in line with his humor and other videos

buy bionic

• COOOK changed the title to KJ Apa on new album & wanting to be on RuPaul's Drag Race

Archived