Shooting incident involving Alec Baldwin

Agunimon

Featured Posts

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RAMROD
10 minutes ago, TheDemonIClingTo said:

It was an accident, but there still needs to be repercussions, that's all I'm saying

He is not the one responsible for it. He is also a victim. Repercussions will land for the one who are responsible for that mistakes, such as the director, for requesting real gun ti be used. And the prop guys for not checking and testing on its safety. 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

TheDemonIClingTo
1 hour ago, RAMROD said:

He is not the one responsible for it. He is also a victim. Repercussions will land for the one who are responsible for that mistakes, such as the director, for requesting real gun ti be used. And the prop guys for not checking and testing on its safety. 

And they didn't even told him about this? That's odd, specially given that the director himself got injured

This is the most heartbreaking thing for everyone involved in this. For me the real responsbility lies in the people or person who didn't check the guns, and made sure the bullets weren't there. There should be deep paranoia about it and someone should be literally hired to make sure every hour that the guns are safe and no bullets in it. Who the hell did that? And as for Alec Baldwin, god damn, I feel for him, I feel sadness for him and the two crew members, one who sadly passed away, and one deeply injured. But damn Alec, I hope he is okay too u know. There was apparently an actor who went thru this, in the old days of Hollywood, and took his own life because he couldn't handle it. I sure hope this won't happen to Alec 

Alannah
5 hours ago, littlepotter said:

That is horrible for everyone involved. But I'm pretty sure killing someone "unintentionally" still counts as manslaughter right?

Typically, actors of Alec's caliber have good attorneys and management for reasons like this. There's most likely elements of his contract with the studio and their liability in the event an accident happens. Unfortunately, accidents like this have happened before so there's usually protection for the performers. It all comes down to who was in charge of cast and crew safety as well as double checking props. Maybe even the prop manufacturer considering the two severely and fatally injured were not other actors, meaning it didn't even happen while filming. 

HuffsAhoy

So scary!! I can't imagine the failures in the safety checking process to allow something like this to occur. It reminds me of an episode from Rosemary and Thyme when a murder switches out a prop pistol for a real one in a scene where the actor is supposed to fake his death, instead he shot himself dead. :ohno:

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.

Queen Bitch

I was just thinking if Alec Baldwin was aiming at the camera, and they were filming, that means that there is footage of the accident and the reaction of Alec as it happens. Something tells me that that could possibly leak, which would be terrible. I hope we never get to see it

Joaco95
14 minutes ago, Queen Bitch said:

I was just thinking if Alec Baldwin was aiming at the camera, and they were filming, that means that there is footage of the accident and the reaction of Alec as it happens. Something tells me that that could possibly leak, which would be terrible. I hope we never get to see it

they already posted some pics of alec on the accident place, kinda disrespectful if you ask me 

Queen Bitch
2 minutes ago, Joaco95 said:

they already posted some pics of alec on the accident place, kinda disrespectful if you ask me 

Yeah I saw those. I don't understand the reason for publishing those photos, maybe a morbid curiosity to see his reaction, but I don't think its necessary to publish those photos, I'm not sure that's what Alec or anyone else affected by this accident needs. 

Levine

This is something beyond my brain, like I can't process on HOW a human being can die for this bullshit? Like why do even load a real ****ing gun? Why even use the real ones?

Alannah

He posted on his Twitter with his official statement. I embedded it but it loaded waaayyyy too many tweets from his feed. 

There are some really weird stuff happening, the sypnosys of the movie is this : "Harland Rust is an outlaw who rescues his thirteen-year-old grandson Lucas after he is sentenced to hang for an accidental murder." This must be a really big COINCIDENCE. 

Also, i read an article that said, the gun might haved had a live round and thats something that must be determinated. The prop team is going to be in real trouble, this kind of stuff should not happen, with the CGI being so cheap and real for things like smoke, lights and guns in general. 

Teletubby

'Rust' camera crew walked off set hours before shooting

Hours before actor Alec Baldwin fatally shot a cinematographer on the New Mexico set of “Rust” with a prop gun, a half-dozen camera crew workers walked off the set to protest working conditions and were replaced by locals.

The camera operators and their assistants were frustrated by the conditions surrounding the low-budget film, including complaints of long hours and getting their paychecks, according to three people familiar with the matter who were not authorized to comment.

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/business/story/2021-10-22/alec-baldwin-rust-camera-crew-walked-off-set

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

LaLuna

This is so freaking tragic, how could something like that happen? Someone is for sure getting sued for not doing their job and checking the gun properly.

I couldn't help but be reminded that this is exactly how Brandon Lee died on the set of The Crow... can't believe something like that can still happen today.

I fear for Alec's mental health now :ohno:

Archived