Shooting incident involving Alec Baldwin

Agunimon

Featured Posts

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
chromaticabase
1 minute ago, tylertremallose said:

something similar happened on the set of The Crow, killing the lead actor. 

Yep, Bruce Lee's son died if I remember. Companies need to do better, they should check prop guns literally every minute they are on set because you never know what could happen, it's literally not that hard to check if a PROP gun is loaded..

I feel really bad for him, even if it was just an accident, I can't imagine the inevitable guilt that comes with it.

rawrimamonster

You would think Hollywood could have developed technology that doesn’t kill people by now for situations like this. 

Helxig
57 minutes ago, Nemo said:

They're normally loaded with blanks... which can also kill you at close range.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon-Erik_Hexum

Why are they loaded with ANYTHING these days??? Can they not just have a realistic gun loooking contraption that flashes a bit of light and puffs a bit of smoke when the trigger is pulled??? Wtf???

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Helxig

Imagine being on set and shooting what is supposed to be a prop gun and KILLING your workmate right there in front of everyone. Ending someone elses' life who you are close with.

My mental health would NEVER recover.

Hollywood needs to do better with their props if this is possible!

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

LilyLark
32 minutes ago, tylertremallose said:

something similar happened on the set of The Crow, killing the lead actor. 

Yeah, I'm betting it's the same thing that happened here (the prop guns weren't properly prepared, etc.).  Whoever was in charge-not just the weapons coordinator, but the prop department in general-will probably be charged imo.

God, I'm no fan of Alec but I feel horrid for him cause some people are already trying to scapgoat him by saying "well, how did two people get shot?" It's perfectly possible they were shooting the POV of the person who was shot...which would put them right in the line fire of the prop gun. Obviously feel the worst for the victims families.

Madam Margolyes

Rest in peace Halyna Hutchins. Deepest condolences and her family and friends. What a horrible tragedy, the film industry needs to do better to ensure the safety of everyone involved. I found these tweets about her and her immense talent:

LilyLark
4 minutes ago, Helxig said:

Why are they loaded with ANYTHING these days??? Can they not just have a realistic gun loooking contraption that flashes a bit of light and puffs a bit of smoke when the trigger is pulled??? Wtf???

Apparently some directors want the scenes to be authentic as possible, but I'm with you in that prop guns should be completely banned from set. Authenticity isn't worth the risk. This is like the third case in which someone has been killed in the past 25-30 years and I believe there's been some more cases where people have been injured in similar circumstances.

LilyLark
1 minute ago, Madam Margolyes said:

Rest in peace Halyna Hutchins. Deepest condolences and her family and friends. What a horrible tragedy, the film industry needs to do better to ensure the safety of everyone involved. I found these tweets about her and her immense talent:

Poor woman. Yeah, the IATSE's strike was partially about safer sets. This whole situation is making me think about what a cluster**** the WB sets are (burns, broken bones, etc.).

Future Lovers
49 minutes ago, Helxig said:

Well that is what a blank is. Under normal conditions, that’s exactly what a blank does.

The cartridge is not supposed to exit the weapon when fired as blanks are not projectiles and therefore aren’t made to travel down a gun barrel. However, in very rare circumstances if the guns are not loaded properly by a firearms expert, the conditions for that to happen can be created. For example, when Brandon Lee died by this same manor, the propellant powder was removed but a live primer was left in place, resulting in a bullet being separated from the casing. There was not enough energy behind it to exit the barrel. The gun was not properly checked , and squib load was then blown out of the barrel by the blast energy of the blank. Death or injury by this manor is very, very rare because what has to happen to make it possible requires many, many, many mistakes to he made. It is also rare because it has to be at fairly close range for it be fatal because the blank cartridge is not sharpened like a bullet. It’s the force of impact at close range that causes death (if hit in the wrong place). From a long distance, it’ll hurt you but is incredibly unlikely to kill you. 

That is why when it does happen there is such a big coverage of it. 

The investigation will tell us what actually happened here but I imagine it came down to whoever was in charge of the prop gun not properly testing and ensuring the gun was safe. There are many industry protocols in place for this that include routine checks of the firearms while they are in use (usually before and after each take) and there is a strict number of people who are allowed to handle them. 

This is a tragic, and quite possibly preventable, accident that is unfortunately probably the fault of the prop master and not the equipment itself. Hollywood has used blanks for decades and there have been only a small, small, small amount of accidents (an even smaller amount of those accidents were fatal) so it is perfectly safe…if the people handling it are doing it the right way. And that’s where the problem and need for education, training, and safer set practices arises from. 

InTheCloset
2 hours ago, HardlyaSaint said:

Was Ryan Reynolds’ career done for when a stunt woman died on the set of Deadpool 2? 

I’m not quite understanding your logic. 

when did that happen? n was ryan directly involved?

The abyss stares back

RAMROD

That is not his faults, and I believe he must be shaken right now, and very sad this happened. Have nobody check the prop anymore before using it?? 

Reminds me with Brandon Lee who also died from supposedly prop guns during movie filming.

Rest in peace to the victim. 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

RAMROD
2 hours ago, MadreMonster said:

His career is done for then?

Henny, such nonsense. What is this?? This is not his fault :chica:  

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Mother of Puppies

This is horrible. :(

I'm wondering how something like this can happen? Why is it called a "prop" if it's a real gun? I thought they only use "fake ones" that look super real?

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

Archived