Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Happy 5th: Joanne!

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

enissa11
1 hour ago, Suspiria said:

It's really not cohesive though?:poot: In what way do DIC and A-Yo fit on the same album as Joanne and GG? Thematically and sonically there is no connection.

here we go again.... it absolutely fits the same universe and album, Joanne is a lady gaga alter ego, she envisioned this girl and later realized it was herself in and alternate reality when never became famous at all, it's not only about her dead auntie, it's about herself and other women struggling, it's her second name, it's about family, it's about life in general, that involves a girl dealing with heartbreak, pain, joy, sexuality, masturbation, illness, addictions, loss, grief etc, that's real life, art imitates life and viceversa, it's called storytelling through music, what ppl want? the same thing, the same vibe over and over again? go listen to taylor swift, she tell stories with lyrics, not with music as a whole.

The album tells a story and it's cohesive in its own concept, another thing is that you're not able to see it because you don't know what to make out of it and put it all together or simply didn't payed close attention.

Mad Architect of Light

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TheDemonIClingTo
16 minutes ago, AloraRola said:

I'm ready

Come At Me Suicide Squad GIF by Team Coco

Easy, Im not challenging ya, I'm simply declaring myself a Wayne Warrior (even tho TFM is my fav album)

Babylon Dynasty

Joanne made me a little monster so you can tell how special this album is for me :kara:, Happy birthday Joanne :heart:.

Strike a pose ❤🧡💛💚💙💜🤎🖤🤍💖

Suspiria
7 hours ago, enissa11 said:

here we go again.... it absolutely fits the same universe and album, Joanne is a lady gaga alter ego, she envisioned this girl and later realized it was herself in and alternate reality when never became famous at all, it's not only about her dead auntie, it's about herself and other women struggling, it's her second name, it's about family, it's about life in general, that involves a girl dealing with heartbreak, pain, joy, sexuality, masturbation, illness, addictions, loss, grief etc, that's real life, art imitates life and viceversa, it's called storytelling through music, what ppl want? the same thing, the same vibe over and over again? go listen to taylor swift, she tell stories with lyrics, not with music as a whole.

The album tells a story and it's cohesive in its own concept, another thing is that you're not able to see it because you don't know what to make out of it and put it all together or simply didn't payed close attention.

By this logic though every album ever is cohesive. An album should be a complete body of work, with a common sound or concept or story or feeling tying it together. Joanne is literally just a compilation of random songs, with little to no connection or flow from one song to the next.

A dance-funk song about getting high and watching yourself have s*x being immediately followed by an acoustic guitar ballad about her aunt who passed away. Please tell me, what story is that telling lol? Where is the flow?

VasilisVas

Although I don’t listen to this album as much anymore, I loved it so much when it came out and it definitely took some getting used to since it was very different than anything Gaga had released at that point. This album gets way too much hate on here by so many users and it’s sad. My favorite song from the album is Diamond Heart and I wish she would’ve released a video for it, even if it didn’t get single treatment like John Wayne. 

Ayoherewego

I love Joanne so much it was my first time ever seeing her live at the JWT and I have it tattooed on my arm so I can remember forever till the day I die.

Bloody hooker

My favorite moments:

The entire album leaking because of Alexa :laughga:

A-YO and John Wayne Victoria Secrets performance

Super Bowl

John Wayne video surprise drop

Netflix documentary

This mutual gaze was a “longing to touch” or a "pre-coitus" stare.

LilyLark

The album aged really well. It's not her most cohesive album, but it features some of her best song-writing and has several fantastic tracks. I've never understood why so many fans hate it.I feel like if it had come out after ASIB, the critics would have probably been more into it (tbf, it still is green on Metacritic).

LilyLark
5 hours ago, VasilisVas said:

Although I don’t listen to this album as much anymore, I loved it so much when it came out and it definitely took some getting used to since it was very different than anything Gaga had released at that point. This album gets way too much hate on here by so many users and it’s sad. My favorite song from the album is Diamond Heart and I wish she would’ve released a video for it, even if it didn’t get single treatment like John Wayne. 

I feel like Diamond Heart is one of her best songs and features some of her strongest song-writing. If I had to list my favorite five Gaga songs, it would be there along with Replay, BTW, Heavy Metal Lover, and Poker Face.

Cello

I love this album. The change in direction for Gaga was so exciting and I had no idea what to expect from this record but it is really good. I have so many fond memories of the era, even though it ended with my first chance to see a Gaga show being cancelled twice :cryga:

My favourite songs are Hey Girl, Million Reasons, Perfect Illusion, Joanne piano version and Just Another Day. :heart:

Favourite moments from the era include the Superbowl, Victorias Secret performance and Carpool Karaoke, among many others! 

Can we take a moment for the fashion and styling of this era? It still inspires me now. The simplicity, baby pink themes, booties, short shorts, minimal but beautiful makeup, suits and jackets tailored to the gods. I think it's her best era for street style inspo and sheer beauty :flutter:

she/her 👹🖤 | 🚫Tabloid Junkie🎶

Archived