💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Happy 5th: Joanne!

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

Anveeroy

Lady Gaga's fifth studio album JOANNE celebrates 5th anniversary today! 

t-lady-gaga-joanne.jpg

Joanne is the fifth studio album by American singer Lady Gaga. It was released on October 21, 2016, by Streamline and Interscope Records. Gaga, Mark Ronson and BloodPop handled its production aside variety other collaborators, such as Kevin Parker, Emile Haynie, Jeff Bhasker and Josh Homme. Musically, Joanne is a stripped-down, pop rock, soft rock, and dance-pop record with country elements, aimed to focus on Gaga's vocals. Lyrically, the album delves into the theme of family and life's emotions; the death of Gaga's aunt Joanne Stefani Germanotta deeply influenced the record.

The release and promotion of the album marked a softening of Gaga's image, who took on a more singer-songwriter-oriented look, consisting mainly of a pink, wide-brimmed cowgirl hat, vintage denim and pastel colors, evoking the 1970s. The singer's experience working on the television series American Horror Story influenced Joanne's creative process. To promote the album, three singles were released: "Perfect Illusion", "Million Reasons" and the title track. "Perfect Illusion" was released as the album's lead single on September 9, 2016, and reached number one in France, while "Million Reasons" reached number four in the United States. A piano version of the title track was released to radio in selected territories as the album's third single. Gaga promoted the album with her Joanne World Tour which began in August 2017 and ended in February 2018.

Joanne received generally favorable reviews from critics, who praised Gaga's musical direction, vocals, production and lyrical content, but had ambivalent reactions for its lack of cohesiveness. It became Gaga's fourth consecutive album to reach number one in the United States and also topped the charts in Argentina, Brazil, Mexico, the international charts of Japan and Korea, as well as reached the top ten in over 25 countries. It earned certifications in some of them. Joanne was nominated for Best Pop Vocal Album at the 60th Annual Grammy Awards. Two of its singles, "Million Reasons" and "Joanne" were nominated for Best Pop Solo Performance, for which the latter won the award.

Also:

Tracklist:

1. Diamond Heart
2. A-YO
3. Joanne
4. John Wayne
5. Dancin' In Circles
6. Perfect Illusion
7. Million Reasons
8. Sinner's Prayer
9. Come To Mama
10. Hey Girl (feat. Florence Welch)
11. Angel Down
12. Grigio Girls
13. Just Another Day
14. Angel Down (Work Tape)
15. Million Reasons (Work Tape)

+

16. Joanne (Where Do You Think You're Goin'?) (Piano Version)

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anveeroy

Also, don't miss the ceremony of Joanne megarate today! 

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

TortureMeOnReplay

Wow you tried really hard to stop my music with all those YouTube videos in a row :triggered:

My favorite thing about Joanne is how vividly I remember the first listen to it, with it being the first time I was there from the begining of a Gaga era. Also, release date was the first time I went on GGD as I had nobody to talk to about Gaga, although I didn't join because I was hesitant about the legitimacy of the site :ladyhaha:

Pennywise
32 minutes ago, Anveeroy said:

What is your favorite moment from Joanne? 

When Joanne (Where Do You Think You're Goin'?) (Piano Version) won that Grammy :vegas:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

KarmaPolice
7 minutes ago, Sarah H said:

I love Joanne. I enjoyed that era, the songs, tours, tv appearances.. :heart:

Me too! It's such a special era, I loved every minute of it! 

Such an elegant, honest moment in Gaga's career.

Pop Music

the Joanne era was an amazing time to be a LM as gaga was everywhere (Coachella, Super Bowl, Netflix) all the time and the public enjoyed the album as well 

favorite songs are: John Wayne, Dancin In Circles, and Grigio Girls 

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

Starmie25

The JWT looked grand and I hope someday it's given a streaking release. Also I became a fan after hearing "Perfect Illusion" 😎

enissa11

ppl saying it's not cohesive enough have absolutely no idea...

Mad Architect of Light

ARTPOP GAGA

I distinctly remember all the haters on ATRL seething when this album sold 200k first week. They were expecting less than 100k.

19 minutes ago, John Wayne said:

Dancin in Circles still slaps so hard!

agreed!

www.youtube.com/jmremixes

Archived