💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Lana Del Rey shuts down rumors that she yelled at Target staff

Teletubby

Featured Posts

plastiquedoll
14 minutes ago, Gay P said:

To anyone on this thread defending Lana: Her fans are literally calling the boy racial slurs and this would not be the first time they done this to a complete stranger… if she really was actually anti-racist she would have said something by now and asked people to stop, in the same way she was in a rush to go put a minor on blast. I genuinely don’t care if he started a rumor about her, we literally have had fake threads on here about Gaga ODing without knowing if it’s true or not and she is not putting their accounts on her story to make an example out of them. 

I also ask you…. Would ANY of the people you know of or admire who are anti-racist have allowed this behavior? If your answer is the same as mine, then you’ll maybe see my concern here.

Then he, a minor, should stay off social media and not take part in any stupid activities. There is better things for him to do then to spread fake gossip. Did Lana handle it the best way possible? Probably no. But you can't put this whole thing on her or even blame her for his wrong doing. He can reach out to her and she'll probably tell her fans to stop. She has done that before per request. 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Arcadia said:

who’s calling him racial slurs? Cite your sources

Girl my friends follow the honeymoon account, we watched it happen as it was happening. But sure, give me a sec I literally just texted my friend.

NFRatwell
6 minutes ago, Gay P said:

Please explain to me what is ego-driven by the fact that I think a 14 year old POC should not be called racial slurs by a hate mob??? 

What’s ego driven is that your continuing to play this savior complex for this “14 year old POC” by painting Lana as a villain when in fact she didn’t do anything wrong. She protected herself from a rumor that the kid made because it was painting her in a bad light. What her fans do after isn’t her fault. Lana isn’t a villain or a leader of a hate mob. If you want to protect this kid go follow him and tell him to stay off social media instead of ranting about how Lana is somehow at fault to a bunch of people who didn’t play any part in the drama anyway. 

NYC Monster
31 minutes ago, Gay P said:

To anyone on this thread defending Lana: Her fans are literally calling the boy racial slurs and this would not be the first time they done this to a complete stranger… if she really was actually anti-racist she would have said something by now and asked people to stop, in the same way she was in a rush to go put a minor on blast. I genuinely don’t care if he started a rumor about her, we literally have had fake threads on here about Gaga ODing without knowing if it’s true or not and she is not putting their accounts on her story to make an example out of them. 

I also ask you…. Would ANY of the people you know of or admire who are anti-racist have allowed this behavior? If your answer is the same as mine, then you’ll maybe see my concern here.

We all know that Lana stans are very biased towards her, she's absolutely never wrong regardless of what she does or says and anyone that thinks she's the problem just doesn't understand her and wants her to be racist. I'm not at all defending the kid for starting a stupid rumor, but, she went too far with it by literally setting him up for a doxxing. If Gaga did that, I'm almost positive that she would be called immature and a hypocrite since she's very much about "promoting kindness" but Lana can do it and it's justified. No one was believing him anyway from what I was seeing and it should've ended at "This didn't happen, defamation is wrong" but she went out of her way to take it further. No she isn't responsible for her fans and what they do, but she definitely laid it out for them to be able to do it easier.

I don't think she's racist, though. 

2 minutes ago, NFRatwell said:

What’s ego driven is that your continuing to play this savior complex for this “14 year old POC” by painting Lana as a villain when in fact she didn’t do anything wrong. She protected herself from a rumor that the kid made because it was painting her in a bad light. What her fans do after isn’t her fault. Lana isn’t a villain or a leader of a hate mob. If you want to protect this kid go follow him and tell him to stay off social media instead of ranting about how Lana is somehow at fault to a bunch of people who didn’t play any part in the drama anyway. 

I…. Literally…. Own…. Every single Lana Del Rey Album…. You’re the one assuming here. I wish I didn’t feel the way I feel, but as a POC, yeah, im off out at this point, this isn’t strike 1 with her.

NFRatwell
1 minute ago, Gay P said:

I…. Literally…. Own…. Every single Lana Del Rey Album…. You’re the one assuming here. I wish I didn’t feel the way I feel, but as a POC, yeah, im off out at this point, this isn’t strike 1 with her.

I don’t care if you like her music and it’s irrelevant to the point. You feel like Lana is encouraging racism, which isn’t true. It’s not an artists responsibility to control their fans.

15 minutes ago, Arcadia said:

who’s calling him racial slurs? Cite your sources. Sounds like you’re feeding into your own narrative. Defamation has consequences regardless of your race

I’m not feeding my own narrative, we went to the guys account and he deleted the post! Lana also deleted her post! Also make it clear, I’m not the type to get mad over made up narratives 😅 I genuinely saw these posts and it made me upset, because I am a Lana stan and I would like to think otherwise of her, but lately, idk… 

JazzGa

On the one hand, I'm like "It's so irresponsible for a celeb to throw a normie under a bus by calling attention to their bad behavior!!" but on the other hand I'm like "Fans and attention-chasers need more consequences for online bad behavior and celebs should call them out" so im just like :shrug: about this whole thing

The kid is fine, they'll learn their lesson about putting everything on the internet immediately for attention without thinking about the consequences. But that's all that will or should happen to them.

Meanwhile, the Lana stan brigade should receive plenty of bans if they take it too far and threaten him. I'm surprised Twitter doesn't have any rules about brigading, it sure improved Youtube and Reddit :crossed:

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

9 minutes ago, NFRatwell said:

I don’t care if you like her music and it’s irrelevant to the point. You feel like Lana is encouraging racism, which isn’t true. It’s not an artists responsibility to control their fans.

I’m just going to leave this here. I just know I’m not talking out of my ass with this. It is not enough to not be racist, it is an act of racism to not be anti-racist. And racism is this sensationalized word that makes you probably think I deem this person unworthy or that they’re better off dead, but no, I’m saying she is contributing to the societal construct of racism by being a white woman with power,and enabling racist action. It is how white supremacy upholds itself. I am not the only person who has enjoyed her music who is upset at this… 

Like it’s really not some kind of claim to morality for me? If any of you knew me in person, you’d know I don’t particularly care about being perceived as “acceptable”. It’s just not cute, and I would like to like Lana… I’ve personally dealt with racist Lana fans in person, and seen plenty of racist exchanges over the years on Twitter and Instagram, I lowkey felt like this was something all Lana stans knew existed in her fanbase until more recently and this thread did make me irritated. :/

Also as a personal side note to other people here: stop sensationalizing concepts revolving around race? Other people are having this convo a lot more regularly than you are, and it shows…. It’s not as shallow as you think it is while simultaneously not being that deep, and I don’t know how to explain that properly, so my apologies.

1 hour ago, NFRatwell said:

Not you retweeting this and then posting something like that 

also I’d like to say… since you’re going through my twitter, at least read the whole thread cause the thread is actually describing what’s happening to the boy and nowhere describes Lana’s situation…. So…. Idk…. Follow me or something?

Wolf Boy
2 hours ago, Gay P said:

You literally sound insane.

NewYorkGirl

No ****? I’m sorry but if you even believed this whole Target story.. whew. 

My. Lawyer. Liked. That.

Archived