💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Problematic artists/celebs you still stan

VTV

Featured Posts

La Rosalia

I don’t stan Camila Cabello, but ai enjoy some of her projects. Her last single and video was a 10/10 for me.

Slayyyter would be a similar case. I don’t stan, but I enjoy her music.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait, first off how is Sia problematic?

I listen to Nicki's music. I don't consider Iggy to be too problematic these days.

ARTPOP is still Lady Gaga's best album.

Agunimon
1 hour ago, 2014 Gaga said:

Wait, first off how is Sia problematic?

The autistic movie she made that put them in a negative light. She became problematic overnight it seems. I don't really understand it.

59 minutes ago, Aetheryte said:

The autistic movie she made that put them in a negative light. She became problematic overnight it seems. I don't really understand it.

Oh yeah I remember her movie about autism, but I don't think that's enough to make her problematic.

ARTPOP is still Lady Gaga's best album.

Roughhouse Dandy

Lord. 

Unfortunately I can't bringing myself to stop stanning Sia. 

I'm unashamed to continue stanning Ye. 

Michael will always be king. 

And as much as I h*te Manson for the awful things he has said and done, his music/aesthetic is not something I'm able to give up. 

This is my Hannah Montanaâ„ąïž lipgloss.

enissa11
On 10/19/2021 at 3:25 AM, Nathaniel Arven said:

any pop artist is kind of problematic : anybody that 'uses it's body as it's work of art' meaning that they wear things nobody can afford, and always making people think you have to be perfect and in full regalia... I think they are toxic and problematic... Let's start with that 

(not saying I hate Gaga... I just am different from her and I think there is no artist really promoting a healthy relation to 'visuality')

edit : not no artist, few artists... sorry.

i strongly disagree, at least in regards to gaga, this type of lifestyle is not unhealthy, but the opposite, even in countries with high rates of poverty like Latin america, her fans were inspired to come up with creatives outfits resembling her or cosplaying her in all her shows that she literally called ball tours, she also said she had always in mind while creating the outfits to make sure all her fans would be able replicate them, she was just boosting creativity, art, fashion and fantasy in a level that could be affordable for everyone, we literally haven't seen this type of sensibilities in pop culture since David Bowie who's fans back in the day were also very known for going dress up like him to his concerts.

Mad Architect of Light

Oriane
17 hours ago, TheDemonIClingTo said:

Kurt Cobain, but dead artists are easier to idealize, so...

What did he do? I don't know him much but always heard good things about him.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

TheDemonIClingTo
2 hours ago, Oriane said:

What did he do? I don't know him much but always heard good things about him.

He did drugs, and killed himself even though he had a wife and a daughter who loved him. He left a world that most likely would have needed him for many more years

Poltergeist
On 10/19/2021 at 9:44 AM, Tangina said:

Porcelain Black

How is she problematic? I'm asking because I never really checked on her as a person, I used to listen to her a lot years ago, and lately I've reminded myself of her

I've been getting messages from my deep waters

NYC Monster
16 hours ago, TheDemonIClingTo said:

He did drugs, and killed himself even though he had a wife and a daughter who loved him. He left a world that most likely would have needed him for many more years

Killing yourself doesn't automatically make you a bad/problematic person, though. Kurt had a serious drug addiction along with major depression, plus apparently around the time of his death he and Courtney were planning on divorcing. A lot of people who kill themselves have family and friends that love them but they still can't escape their demons, it sucks to be trapped in your own head like that and feel like there's no other way out.

Franch Toast

Gwen Stefani. She’s probably pretty mild on the problematic spectrum, but having four women of Japanese ancestry follow her around and forbidding them to speak really wasn’t her best look.  Related to this, capitalizing on their image to launch a cartoon in which none of the characters are voiced by Asian women is also problematic.

And yet, here I am getting ready to see her in Vegas tomorrow night, so obviously I still love her in spite of this.

She/Her/Hers

Archived