Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Problematic artists/celebs you still stan

VTV

Featured Posts

Beanybb
1 hour ago, Cody James said:

I feel like he tends to blackfish. He also changed his name from his birth name which is Hispanic to Bruno Mars to avoid being expected to know Spanish, and has had a past with drugs (everyone has a past I get that) but it is like never talked about so I feel its unfair to just sweep it under the rug. 

Literally nothing you've said about him is problematic lmao

He still has his birth name, he just has a stage like most artists do lol

He clearly has a respect for black culture and it definitely doesn't come from a place of malice.

The drugs? he has a choice like most people and doesn't have to talk about. 

Maybe you should stop feeling entitled to peoples lives just because they're celebrities? It honestly sounds like you have a personal issue with him babes.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cody James
22 minutes ago, beabeaxo5 said:

Literally nothing you've said about him is problematic lmao

He still has his birth name, he just has a stage like most artists do lol

He clearly has a respect for black culture and it definitely doesn't come from a place of malice.

The drugs? he has a choice like most people and doesn't have to talk about. 

Maybe you should stop feeling entitled to peoples lives just because they're celebrities? It honestly sounds like you have a personal issue with him babes.

Cool. Let me move to a third world country where I am not allowed to voice my opinion on why someone can be perceived subjectively as problematic. Seems like you really have a thing for Bruno. Good4U. :ohwell:

Beanybb
21 minutes ago, Cody James said:

Cool. Let me move to a third world country where I am not allowed to voice my opinion on why someone can be perceived subjectively as problematic. Seems like you really have a thing for Bruno. Good4U. :ohwell:

Oh you can have your opinion but that doesn't mean its exempt from criticism :huntyga: 

and yeah I'd probs let him smash x

Anderson123

Marilyn Manson

Madonna

Sia? I don't consider her problematic though

Amy Winehouse ? (Back then she was)

Michael Jackson

R. Kelly (Do What U Want)

Azealia Banks

Bleachella
6 hours ago, codymonster said:

I hate how Sia is considered problematic now; she’s a literally angel who has so much love to give and has done SO much good for the world. And all it took for her to do is make a movie in which she thought was a positive thing, it not be taken that way, and now she’s horrible.

Just scary to see how quick people are to tear someone down after one mistake :cryga:

I feel like ur forgetting the part where she lashed out at autistic creators/actors and told them maybe if they were better actors she would've cast them. oh and she worked with an organization that promotes curing autism lmfaooaoaoaa

Togekiss
41 minutes ago, Bleachella said:

I feel like ur forgetting the part where she lashed out at autistic creators/actors and told them maybe if they were better actors she would've cast them. oh and she worked with an organization that promotes curing autism lmfaooaoaoaa

Yeah it became pretty apparent that she was much more interested in promoting herself than doing anything for the autism community. And then when she got butt-hurt about criticism FROM actual autistic people… she resorted to online bullying.

bring on that pecan pie

PussOfYonce
10 hours ago, DrKindnessKunt1999 said:

I don’t Stan her, but I still listen to Azealia Banks’ music. Same thing with Kim Petras, but I don’t stream her music because I don’t want to give Dr. Luke any of my coins. I don’t stream any Dr Luke related songs, but I do listen to them. 

oooh azealia's one for me too

✨ puthy tight, puthy clean, puthy fresh ✨

InTheCloset
9 hours ago, Pennywise said:

I mean, being an alien clown who eats children makes me slightly problematic too but idc about that :poot:

would you eat adults too?:stalkga:

The abyss stares back

BlingNotTheMusic
11 hours ago, Aussie said:

Still a fan of Marilyn Manson but yeah…

6 hours ago, ProfessionalClown said:

Same

I think cancel culture has gone WAYY too far and I didn't think I had any artist to list, but yeah Marilyn Manson :messga:

I don't stan him but I grew up listening to his music and watching his videos, I really love what he's all about. Such a genius songwriter and shock performer.

Ever since the allegations from Evan Rachel Wood and the other women, I've been really conflicted with supporting his music. But I suppose fans of MJ and R Kelly felt the same. 

Interested to see how the court case plays out...

BlingNotTheMusic
1 hour ago, Cookie Tookie said:

I WORSHIP Azealia Banks

Girlllll........

*She's

not a christian dark sided GIF

codymonster
2 hours ago, Bleachella said:

If you watch ANY interview, you can see that she A) Feels horrible and B) genuinely thought she was doing the right thing. She outwardly discussed many times how she got the stamp of approval from an organization saying the movie was not offensive. 

I agree 100% that the lashing out was a mistake, but it was one random tweet that came from a place of being attacked all at once online. She was defensive and responded in an inappropriate way; like most humans have done in life.

I guess what’s more important to me is a persons track record, and their intentions. Sia shows nothing but kindness and truly thought she was doing something good for the autistic community. Did it land; no. But she wasn’t TRYING to offend or going out of her way to be disrespectful, which I do think counts for something.

imnotyourbabe10

Depending on the context, I don’t love this whole “cancel culture.”  Should be “consequence culture.” Again, depending on the situation. 

Artists I still listen to here and there that are seemingly problematic, anti-vax, or have been “canceled”: MIA, Nicki, Marilyn Manson, the R Kelly DWUW.

Archived