💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Coldplay turns to Max Martin for hits, but there’s no helping those lyrics

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Los Angeles Times' review

There’s no defending the lyrics on this new Coldplay album.

In one song ('Humankind') from “Music of the Spheres,” which carries some sort of overarching concept about the citizens of a distant galaxy, frontman Chris Martin actually sings these words in this order: “We’re only human / But we’re capable of kindness / So they call us humankind.

In another ('Higher Power') he compares himself to a broken record that’s “not playing right,” then delivers the same line in reverse, I guess to prove it?

Drocer nekorb a ekil mi,” Martin sings — an all-time groaner no one can say looked good on paper.

But if these embarrassments deserve all the eye-rolls they’re getting in largely unimpressed reviews of “Music of the Spheres,” Coldplay seems worth sticking up for in regards to another point of emerging critical consensus: that the British band’s 9th studio LP — an eager collaboration with teen-pop hitmaker Max Martin that features appearances by BTS and Selena Gomez — somehow represents a betrayal of the once-honorable Coldplay ethos.
“Music of the Spheres” has been described as craven and desperate; it’s been widely characterized as a transparent commercial ploy at a tough moment for old guys with guitars.

“Humankind” and the vaguely Weeknd-ish “Higher Power” are zippy electro-rock tracks with sharp hooks and lots of crisp digital detailing; the mellow, love-dazed “Biutyful” pitches up Chris Martin’s vocals to an unintelligible chipmunk squeak — not a bad move given that he turns out to be telling somebody, “I hope they name you a rocket and take you for a ride for free.”

More intriguing on “Music of the Spheres” is the Gomez duet, “Let Somebody Go,” an undulating white-soul ballad with big Bruce Hornsby energy that sort of puts the lie to the whole happy-sellout idea.

“People of the Pride” is by far the album’s worst song, and the one that feels most unshaped by Max Martin’s touch. 

source

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

bionic
24 minutes ago, Teletubby said:

We’re only human / But we’re capable of kindness / So they call us humankind.

oprah-thinking.gif?mtime=20160515122838

buy bionic

RodeckDanny

I'm listening to the album for the first time and I'm just shook that some song names are just emojis LMFAO emojis are really a new language

Listen to my debut pop single 'Want You Bad'! (link on Insta)

Coldplay once looked and sounded like a serious band, but that was back when Chris Martin still obsessed about Radiohead

Was gonna shade them and say that not everyone who gets Max Martin can make a hit! But then I remembered Gaga worked with Max Martin for Stupid Love and it's her weakest single ever :sweat:

TheSlash
59 minutes ago, Teletubby said:

We’re only human / But we’re capable of kindness / So they call us humankind

Cringe Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Even for flat-earthers this pun was too flat :awkney: 

59 minutes ago, Teletubby said:

Drocer nekorb a ekil mi

Judge Judy Reaction GIF

Ew, David!

Teletubby
5 minutes ago, RodeckDanny said:

I'm listening to the album for the first time and I'm just shook that some song names are just emojis LMFAO emojis are really a new language

most of them are interludes
1.  ⦵ is called Music of the Spheres
4. *✧ - Alien Choir 
6 ♡  - Human Heart 
9. ❍ - Music of the Spheres II
11. ∞ - Infinity Sign

1 minute ago, Lucas said:

Was gonna shade them and say that not everyone who gets Max Martin can make a hit!

'My Universe' was #1 on Billboard, it is still an achievement (even if it was thanks to BTS fans).
anyway some artists can work with great producers and still create something bad - Shakira worked with the same producer and songwriters who made Dua Lipa's "Don't Start Now" and her song "Don't Wait Up" was totally flop.

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

MessyTop

The album is very messy. The 10 min track is just bad. Also her vocals sound very very pushed. He’s going to struggle to sign Humankind live for sure 

enissa11
1 hour ago, Lucas said:

Was gonna shade them and say that not everyone who gets Max Martin can make a hit! But then I remembered Gaga worked with Max Martin for Stupid Love and it's her weakest single ever :sweat:

i heard it was just a minimal contribution tho, but you know how is gaga, she gives credit for the most dumb stuff, she credited redone in gypsy only because the "i don't speak german but i try" from Sheisse...

Mad Architect of Light

3 hours ago, Teletubby said:

We’re only human / But we’re capable of kindness / So they call us humankind.

if Prince Harry was an artist this is what he'd write

Teletubby
11 minutes ago, enissa11 said:

i heard it was just a minimal contribution tho, but you know how is gaga, she gives credit for the most dumb stuff, she credited redone in gypsy only because the "i don't speak german but i try" from Sheisse...

it is better to give a credit than to be sued later

Archived