Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Pitchfork: FINNEAS' Optimist 5.6

renly0910

Featured Posts

alsemanche

None of the snippets I heard sounded interesting to me so I'm not really surprised. It's really strange how he can produce so well for Billie but his own tracks are always so meh.

Soft, soothing, and succulent

Taylucifer

I actually quite enjoyed the album however the subject matter was kinda all over the place, in one song he's talking about the planet and the next his girlfriend and back to the state of the world, usually this wouldn't bother me but it was really disjointed:nooo: 

1989 (TV) is out NOW

TheSlash

I really enjoyed the album and it has actually no skips for me. But I agree that he's really playing safe with all of his music compared to Billie and his other collaborations.

Maybe he holds back for his own music to not get as famous as a singer as Billie does, bc I remember him saying once that Billie's level of fame is scary to him :billie:

Ew, David!

Dr Fudge
2 hours ago, alsemanche said:

None of the snippets I heard sounded interesting to me so I'm not really surprised. It's really strange how he can produce so well for Billie but his own tracks are always so meh.

This is a perfect example of how it’s a lot more difficult to manufacture a pop star than people think. Billie has so much personality and unique character that when her and Finneas create something, the projects have strong legs to stand on. Finneas is very talented, but I don’t think he has that forward-facing star factor like Billie.

Been a cuff touple, a puff bupple, a tough couple of years.

Archived