💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Chromatica Era traumatized Gaga

Lighter

Featured Posts

PartySick
13 hours ago, Suspiria said:

I HATED the Joanne era but I will never understand why people act like she didn't promote the h*ll out of it:rip: she was still promoting MR at award shows a whole year and a half after it was released.

Her performing MR literally became a meme :ladyhaha:

🖤

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Delulu Rogers
6 hours ago, Gagaloo911 said:

"settle for Joanne-like level of promotion"

Are you for real? :partysick:

Joanna had MAJOR promo, in multiple countries, the kind we could only DREAM for now, including arguably the BIGGEST promo possible and one of the world's largest stages aka the Super Bowl.

Y'all really like to rewrite history it seems when it suits you and isn't something you like.

Compared to 2021, yes, Joanne promo was huge however we all know that up until that point it was her most low-key era. She didn’t even bother with the lead single, and only focused on promoting million reasons. The album only had 2 singles and a WW tour that only visited America and Western Europe. Gaga herself even acknowledge that Joanne was suppose to be toned down on the promo, hence the dive bar tours. 

The Super Bowl happened during the Joanne era but I wouldn’t say it was exclusively promo slotted for Joanne. The Super Bowl is something that is given to you and you usually say yes regardless of the current album you have out. SB was more like overall career promo, not exclusively Joanne. 

Economy
16 hours ago, kukuryku666 said:

you mean 4 singles (1 promo), 4 music videos, TV-performances, divebar tour, normal tour, documentary and superbowl type of performance?

joanne wasn't that quiet as y'all remember

4 singles? We literally got 2 single treatment singles

I dont consider a promo vid or a single that didnt get a video or sent to radio a single that counts if were discussing in the context of how large an era was

Promo vids are worth mentioning but i wouldnt call it a single

salty like sodium
1 hour ago, TheFame Monster said:

Adele is kind of genius calling her album 30 even though she is 33 same for 25 when she was 27. People will just assume she’s the age of the album title

lmao next album will be 32 released in 2050

Blastertoyo
8 hours ago, salty like sodium said:

Speaking of this, do we think ageism will be kinder to singers like Adele, Taylor Swift and Rihanna? Curious here.

Adele has pretty much always been 40 since she debuted. I think a lot of the GP still have no idea what her actual age is and thought her albums were just her reminiscing on her youth 

:ladyhaha:

please enlighten me to death

14 hours ago, Versace said:

Yes tbh, Sour Candy would have been bigger than ROM in many regards. BP’s fandom alone would have pushed it to top 10 and had it break a most viewed music video in 24hours record. To this day, I get asked about if Gaga’s planning a Sour Candy video by casual music fans. The song screams hit all over it. Oh well it can join Dance In The Dark and Scheisse, as Gaga’s hits that never were.  

Truth Tru GIF

We all need to accept the fact that she's not seeking to be the main "pop girl" anymore. 

She did that already. And being a pop star is exhausting.

Clearly, she's happiest when singing jazz and when she can be out of the public eye and live her life. 

A lot of people on here need to move on from the fantasy that she will be just like her 2011 self. Things change. People grow and evolve.

CaliforniaDreamin
18 hours ago, Lighter said:

the insider BorisIsThere on Twitter who revealed everything about Dawn of Chromatica , if anyone remembers, did mention that Gaga is avoiding the era because it reminds her of the cancellation of plans during the ARTPOP era.

I think within those months of planning for Chromatica with Bobby, she started to have her ambitiousness in terms of a pop album cycle back, i bet she was expecting another Born This Way era moment since, excluding ASIB, that was her last big pop era event.

Which leads me to worrying about how she might not ever push for a big pop album moment anymore and would settle for a Joanne-like level of promotion for her upcoming pop records as it might just make her feel like all planning will be wasted similar to AP and Chromatica.

But in my opinion, i’d want her to try one more time, just give the attempt for another BTW era moment another shot, before she turns 40 and radio’s ageism completely pulls her off their rotations.

I’d like to think she could do what she wants now that her contract ended, I hope she genuinely makes music she loves on her own pace, I’d love to see her grow on her own terms and what she wants to dip her feet in the water in without worrying about charts, promotion gp approval and etc.  truly music not the bling from now on. 

11 hours ago, salty like sodium said:

Speaking of this, do we think ageism will be kinder to singers like Adele, Taylor Swift and Rihanna? Curious here.

Great question. 🙂  I think Adele has a major advantage. It was never about her looks. "I just stand there and sing." One reason she's so relatable. 

Adele and Rihanna have a major advantage. They haven't released new music in 6 YEARS! People miss them, or are curious. 

Taylor is 31 and has a dedicated fanbase - pop fans and country fans. Country fans are loyal and less fickle. She started out as a country singer from the heartland when she was like 15! 

she/her/hers

Knowing Gaga, she will give justice to Chromatica, with a proper concert tour, next year. Definitely it's heartbreaking to see all the grandiose plans put aside, but she and her team knows what's good for them all. Remember, Gaga had a relative who got Covid too, and maybe some other members of the Haus. Gaga also had to make time for Gucci, for Tony's last concert and album. Also Jazz & Piano preps. 

She will fight again for her dancefloor

No. More like a sense of fatalism. Things happen for a reason. Don't worry about things you can't control. Live your life. 

It's a coping mechanism, e.g., someone who survived a serious illness or a major depressive episode, it's like they've been given a second chance. Focus on what's important. Friends and family. :heart:

A lot has happened in the last few years. Gaga had a PSYCHOTIC break in 2017, triggered by a deposition. JWT cut short. Her DEPRESSION. The unexpected success of ASIB. Breaking up with her former fiancÊ. Winning an Oscar. Meeting Michael. 

The pandemic happened. Then Black Lives Matter. Postponing the release of Chromatica. Releasing Chromatica then having to cancel everything and shut down her store (before tracking week was over) in solidarity with BLM. Coachella cancelled. Postponing the Chromatica Ball (twice). 

Alone in the ICU with her family member HOSPITALIZED in NY. Her beloved dogs stolen while she was in Italy. 

All things considered, I doubt she's losing sleep over Chromatica. 🙂 The Fame/TFM, her GP friendly album, re-entered the Billboard 200 following the Oreo campaign and stayed on the chart for half the year. 

she/her/hers

3 hours ago, CaliforniaDreamin said:

I hope she genuinely makes music she loves on her own pace, I’d love to see her grow on her own terms and what she wants to dip her feet in the water in without worrying about charts, promotion gp approval and etc.  truly music not the bling from now on. 

4 hours ago, LG666 said:

A lot of people on here need to move on from the fantasy that she will be just like her 2011 self. Things change. People grow and evolve.

I agree. For some of her fans, it's Chromatica or NOTHING. For Gaga, who's 35 and has a personal life, Chromatica is ONE of her projects... 

Tony couldn't promote LFS... She did it for him. That's what friendship and commitment is all about!

It's obvious from Jazz & Piano that she LOVES performing for a LIVE audience. She had so much fun it's almost like she didn't want it to end. 😍

Gaga loves classic jazz. She loves acting. She loves writing pop music... Writing is her outlet!

She can do country pop, pop rock, pop R&B, Italian pop, dance pop, etc. Just don't expect her to promote a new album like she did in 2011! 🙄

It's 2021, not 2011. Gaga is 35, NOT 25. She has chronic health issues. She has a personal life. 

she/her/hers

js4754394o9823
8 hours ago, Economy said:

4 singles? We literally got 2 single treatment singles

I dont consider a promo vid or a single that didnt get a video or sent to radio a single that counts if were discussing in the context of how large an era was

Promo vids are worth mentioning but i wouldnt call it a single

Perfect Illusion was a lead single

A-Yo was a promo single

Million Reasons was a second single

and Joanne (Piano Version) was an additional single

you like it or not, all of them were released as one, all got artworks, visuals (A-Yo only a small clip on Apple), were performed on TV and i'm pretty sure all were sent to radios at some point

Only song with a video only was John Wayne and I didn't include it

red wine, cheap perfume and a filthy pout

Archived