Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Chromatica Era traumatized Gaga

Lighter

Featured Posts

Lighter

the insider BorisIsThere on Twitter who revealed everything about Dawn of Chromatica , if anyone remembers, did mention that Gaga is avoiding the era because it reminds her of the cancellation of plans during the ARTPOP era.

I think within those months of planning for Chromatica with Bobby, she started to have her ambitiousness in terms of a pop album cycle back, i bet she was expecting another Born This Way era moment since, excluding ASIB, that was her last big pop era event.

Which leads me to worrying about how she might not ever push for a big pop album moment anymore and would settle for a Joanne-like level of promotion for her upcoming pop records as it might just make her feel like all planning will be wasted similar to AP and Chromatica.

But in my opinion, i’d want her to try one more time, just give the attempt for another BTW era moment another shot, before she turns 40 and radio’s ageism completely pulls her off their rotations.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Summerboi14

She should go into a more mature sound. She has success in this genre and if she really wants success this is her last option. I always thought she wouldn't care about charts at all.

js4754394o9823
2 minutes ago, Lighter said:

would settle for a Joanne-like level of promotion for her upcoming pop records

you mean 4 singles (1 promo), 4 music videos, TV-performances, divebar tour, normal tour, documentary and superbowl type of performance?

joanne wasn't that quiet as y'all remember

red wine, cheap perfume and a filthy pout

Nathaniel Arven

or maybe she was like : a little of teasing before with ari, few clips, no bragging. Something really tight and few commercial stuff. 

Maybe she wanted to take a bit of distance and let the music speak for itself ? Because she really matured and didn't wanted to bring all the attention... Idk. 

Tinnitus15
15 minutes ago, Lighter said:

the insider BorisIsThere on Twitter

The real Boris isn’t back,if it’s about this recent account,it’s the fake Boris 

Versace

I don’t think she’s traumatized, pretty sure she’s mature enough to understand that all artists went through it and that the world had bigger problems during the peak of Covid. The entire world had canceled plans. I just hope we get a Chromatica tour in 2022 as that alone will breathe the needed life into Chromatica. I mean Taylor didn’t get a chance to tour Lover (a 2019 album), same with folklore/evermore. Ariana hasn’t toured with Positions. There are many great albums that people are eager to see come alive live. 

HuffsAhoy

I wouldn't say she is traumatized in the literal since by the era. It would not surprise me if she is a bit distanced by the project due to the social upheaval the world (specially the USA) was going through the weekend the album dropped. 

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.

Blastertoyo
31 minutes ago, kukuryku666 said:

you mean 4 singles (1 promo), 4 music videos, TV-performances, divebar tour, normal tour, documentary and superbowl type of performance?

Literally more than Chromatica still, hardly a slow era

Gaga did the VMAs and got a #1 with Ariana. If they had done or released a MV for Sour Candy, a second #1. 

I don’t think Gaga was “traumatized” as the OP said like she was with ARTPOP, some plans didn’t work out but same thing happened with Born This Way. Gaga is a stronger woman than being traumatized by a few canceled plans.

please enlighten me to death

Juanlittlem

I wouldnt be mad if from now on she did promo like on Joanne, we got some livestreams (dive bar), three music videos + 1 extra video later, lots of performances for two of those singles and a tour. 

Chromatica was gonna be like a blockbuster movie but we never got to see that and from the info that "has leaked" the only thing that got my attention was Coachella.

Locked in a basement again?! / I ❤️ Teletubby.

People say that every era ‘traumatised’ Gaga if it wasn’t as successful as hoped.  So that means she was not traumatised after TF/TFM, C2C and ASIB eras 

hieronymus
25 minutes ago, S0436 said:

People say that every era ‘traumatised’ Gaga if it wasn’t as successful as hoped.  So that means she was not traumatised after TF/TFM, C2C and ASIB eras 

I mean it's always a part of the promo interviews where she talks about how the album saved her so maybe

Versace
1 hour ago, Blastertoyo said:

Literally more than Chromatica still, hardly a slow era

Gaga did the VMAs and got a #1 with Ariana. If they had done or released a MV for Sour Candy, a second #1. 

I don’t think Gaga was “traumatized” as the OP said like she was with ARTPOP, some plans didn’t work out but same thing happened with Born This Way. Gaga is a stronger woman than being traumatized by a few canceled plans.

Yes tbh, Sour Candy would have been bigger than ROM in many regards. BP’s fandom alone would have pushed it to top 10 and had it break a most viewed music video in 24hours record. To this day, I get asked about if Gaga’s planning a Sour Candy video by casual music fans. The song screams hit all over it. Oh well it can join Dance In The Dark and Scheisse, as Gaga’s hits that never were.  

Blastertoyo
10 minutes ago, Versace said:

The song screams hit all over it. Oh well it can join Dance In The Dark and Scheisse, as Gaga’s hits that never were.  

These are just fan favorites.

Sour Candy was literally a guaranteed #1 hit just because of the feature. 

DITD and Scheisse could have gone top 10 or top 5 but everyone forgets that Paparazzi (a song that was heavily promoted and had career (re)defining and iconic high profile live performances was only #6 and BTW (#1), You & I (#6) and EOG (#3) were top 10, with Judas at #10. I really don’t think Scheisse was ever the guaranteed hit everyone seems to think it was, certainly not with Adele and Katy ruling the charts at the time,  but there’s no denying Sour Candy absolutely was and is still a guaranteed number one, just like any BTS song is now/was in 2020

please enlighten me to death

Suspiria
2 hours ago, kukuryku666 said:

I HATED the Joanne era but I will never understand why people act like she didn't promote the h*ll out of it:rip: she was still promoting MR at award shows a whole year and a half after it was released.

Juanlittlem
58 minutes ago, Blastertoyo said:

These are just fan favorites.

Sour Candy was literally a guaranteed #1 hit just because of the feature. 

DITD and Scheisse could have gone top 10 or top 5 but everyone forgets that Paparazzi (a song that was heavily promoted and had career (re)defining and iconic high profile live performances was only #6 and BTW (#1), You & I (#6) and EOG (#3) were top 10, with Judas at #10. I really don’t think Scheisse was ever the guaranteed hit everyone seems to think it was, certainly not with Adele and Katy ruling the charts at the time,  but there’s no denying Sour Candy absolutely was and is still a guaranteed number one, just like any BTS song is now/was in 2020

I mean Gaga/her team killed Paparazzi when it was peaking by releasing Bad Romance.

Locked in a basement again?! / I ❤️ Teletubby.

Archived