Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Billy Porter hits out at Vogue

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Average actor, average criticism, average known.

edit: I don’t care for Harry either so don’t come for me :trollga:

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pharamon
21 hours ago, pachinko said:

They chose Harry because he is white.

Oh yeah...thanks for the reminder tbh xD

PartySick

Um Harry's been androgynous for years, has never defined himself as heterosexual, and I've yet to see anything come from his slice of fame that suggests he's anything but a wonderful human.

No need to undercut someone else's accomplishment just because you weren't chosen for a stupid magazine cover :nails:

🖤

Arcadia

They both are men who wear dresses like.. stop trying to be the spokesperson of the community, this isn’t revolutionary.

Andrea B

wtf is non binary fashion... that doesnt exist, saying that puts us(nb people) in a box 

JusKeepBreathin
7 hours ago, PartySick said:

Um Harry's been androgynous for years, has never defined himself as heterosexual, and I've yet to see anything come from his slice of fame that suggests he's anything but a wonderful human.

No need to undercut someone else's accomplishment just because you weren't chosen for a stupid magazine cover :nails:

I've never thought of androgynous fashion as non binary fashion. Has it changed it's meaning? Androgynous in fashion has always meant to me as the confusion of both sexes because they are both present in the garment. I'm not even sure androgyny is even mentioned in the article. That's why it's super weird to see Harry in a dress on the cover of Vogue. One thing doesn't have anything to do with the other. Nonbinary fashion and androgynous fashion are not the same thing and Billy isn't blaming Harry he is blaming Vogue. 

IMO Billy Porter has a point.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Big Reputation

Billy Porter does nothing but annoy me and with this he continues to do so lmao

When it’s dark outside you’re always the light

He’s overerstimatimg his cultural relevance for sure

It’s also concerning how the concept of non-binary is shifting from an initial rejection of gender categories to becoming its own rigid category for some people. If that trend continues it will defeat its purpose and only reinofrce gender roles.

Not The Real Gaga

With all due respect - but Billy Porter in a dress on the cover of Vogue is gonna do NOTHING to break stereotypes or start new, relevant conversations.

SevenWonder

Prince, Bowie, Cobain, Mercury. They all did it before Billy. (And they all had much more to lose, frankly. They just didn't gaf.)  

I like Billy, and I do get what he's saying, I guess. But he comes off as super bratty. Like, it's just a bad color to wear. 

3 hours ago, Fusel said:

He’s overerstimatimg his cultural relevance for sure

It’s also concerning how the concept of non-binary is shifting from an initial rejection of gender categories to becoming its own rigid category for some people. If that trend continues it will defeat its purpose and only reinofrce gender roles.

we are stuck in a cycle/vortex of gender, clothing wise even more. even if u pick one or the other, or you decide none, you still pick one or the other gender stereotype. everything is about playing with stereotypes or taking one that's "opposite" from you. it's like u cant escape gender either way

JusKeepBreathin
On 10/17/2021 at 10:43 AM, Glojuice said:

Harry Styles wore a dress like David Bowie did. It’s a garment that was even worn by Jesus lol. Billy needs to get over it and for all the people acting like Harry was universally praised have been living in a cave. Every right wing idiot from Piers to Candace Owen dug in and criticised him. It’s a much bigger deal for a supposedly straight pop star to do it than Porter and creates a bigger conversation. 

So a straight white man puts on a dress and now it's ok for everyone to do it. 

I really doubt that's the conversation anyone in the gay community wanted to start. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

39 minutes ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

So a straight white man puts on a dress and now it's ok for everyone to do it. 

I really doubt that's the conversation anyone in the gay community wanted to start. 

Why are people so obsessed with race. Like seriously I don’t get it, everything is BUT WHITE STRAIGHT MAN. Before you come at me Im a queer POC.

Harry is a huge mainstream pop star and young people follow the trends set by pop stars. In the same way Drake starts dance trends, Gaga, Jlo Beyoncé etc starts fashion trends and so on. Harry putting on a dress is part of the trend of breaking down gender norms for younger straight men. 

JusKeepBreathin
1 minute ago, Glojuice said:

Why are people so obsessed with race. Like seriously I don’t get it, everything is BUT WHITE STRAIGHT MAN. Before you come at me Im a queer POC.

Harry is a huge mainstream pop star and young people follow the trends set by pop stars. In the same way Drake starts dance trends, Gaga, Jlo Beyoncé etc starts fashion trends and so on. Harry putting on a dress is part of the trend of breaking down gender norms for younger straight men. 

Is young straight men Vogue's target audience? Harry hasn't really worn a dress outside of fashion magazines that are not geared towards young straight women not young straight men. I mean, everytime he is in GQ he is in a suit and tie. Even Pharrell has worn a dress on the cover of GQ. The point is the with Harry it's done for sales and nothing more. 

I kind of don't understand where you are coming from. 

Archived