Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why Do People Still Think That ARTPOP Is A Bad Album Today?

Ilya

Featured Posts

We all know how much more popular ARTPOP became last year, right? Before 2020/2021, everyone disliked ARTPOP calling it ARTFLOP. But now a lot of people (specifically the GP) seem to like ARTPOP more than they did before. But, in this current age of loving ARTPOP, some people still think that it's a bad album. True, people have their own opinions, but (most) people are always so harsh for some reason whenever they dislike ARTPOP. I don't know why. I have encountered a lot of people that said ARTPOP is a flop, it's bad etc. On another forum, someone said that Witness by Katy Perry is better than ARTPOP (which isn't true but that's their opinion). I am questioning this a lot. What do you guys think?

EDIT: Some people on the other forum even think that Katy is better than Gaga, but they are both great so why compare the two?

ARTPOP is still Lady Gaga's best album.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bionic

I haven't heard ARTFLOP being used in a serious way by anybody other than delulu haters for years now.

I think ARTPOP has grown on a lot of people now we've had time to appreciate it for what it is and what it isn't, rather than what we expected/hoped it would be. I still wouldn't say its a great album but probably like it more than how I reacted to it in 2013

buy bionic

The Fame

I would guess that it's because it was such a divergence in sound/theme from her previous albums, that people who dislike it REALLY dislike it, since it wasn't even within the realm of what she was previously making.

Admittedly, people who like Gaga for her deeper themes/lyrics (think Born this Way Album and explorations of serious topics a la TFM) probably balk at such shallow songs as Donatella, Jewels and Drugs, etc (and yes, there are some good lyrics and themes in ARTPOP but they are interspersed with some of her most shallow/superficial songs to date). It was kind of like her...messy patch on the road of life (which happens to all of us lol).

5 minutes ago, bionic said:

I haven't heard ARTFLOP being used in a serious way by anybody other than delulu haters for years now.

I think ARTPOP has grown on a lot of people now we've had time to appreciate it for what it is and what it isn't, rather than what we expected/hoped it would be. I still wouldn't say its a great album but probably like it more than how I reacted to it in 2013

Well on this other forum I mentioned, someone calls it FARTFLOP all the time. But I agree, *ARTPOP has grown on alot of people.

7 minutes ago, The Fame said:

I would guess that it's because it was such a divergence in sound/theme from her previous albums, that people who dislike it REALLY dislike it, since it wasn't even within the realm of what she was previously making.

Admittedly, people who like Gaga for her deeper themes/lyrics (think Born this Way Album and explorations of serious topics a la TFM) probably balk at such shallow songs as Donatella, Jewels and Drugs, etc (and yes, there are some good lyrics and themes in ARTPOP but they are interspersed with some of her most shallow/superficial songs to date). It was kind of like her...messy patch on the road of life (which happens to all of us lol).

Understandable.

5 minutes ago, dojo said:

she had haters pressedt, that's it

Exactly right my friend.

Just now, SamanthaC said:

Lack of taste. ARTPOP is a master piece. 

Agreed.

Just now, Euglena50 said:

Well on this other forum I mentioned, someone calls it FARTFLOP all the time

well that's a new one :bradley:

█▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀█ ▀█▀ █▀▀ █░░ █▀█ █▀█
█▀░ █▀█ █▀▄ ░█░ █▀░ █▄▄ █▄█ █▀▀

Just now, dojo said:

I know right? And we didn't even ask for it :messga:

bionic
3 minutes ago, Euglena50 said:

Well on this other forum I mentioned, someone calls it FARTFLOP all the time.

Are they somebody who in general should be taken seriously? Don't be surprised if a clown performs clownery

buy bionic

bionic
2 minutes ago, dojo said:

Right? CHARTFLOP was such a classic and somewhat relevant :noparty: Fart jokes are so juvenile and are not really relatable

buy bionic

Just now, bionic said:

Are they somebody who in general should be taken seriously? Don't be surprised if a clown performs clownery

No they are not meant to be taken serious. And I am not surprised. I have an account on that forum and the first day I arrived and posted about ARTPOP, they were already a jerk.

1 minute ago, bionic said:

Right? CHARTFLOP was such a classic and somewhat relevant :noparty: Fart jokes are so juvenile and are not really relatable

Exactly CHARTFLOP is a classic and will forever always be one. Yes, fart jokes are so out of style nowadays.

tomsches

Some people think it’s Bad so they say it’s Bad. Some people think it’s Good so they say it’s Good. There’s no need to dive too deep into personal taste and why people like something  or not 

Archived