Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why Do People Still Think That ARTPOP Is A Bad Album Today?

Ilya

Featured Posts

Butters Stotch

I think us LM's think of ARTPOP in a different way as the GP because we know the potential the era had and how excited and optimistic Gaga was about it. The GP honestly didn't care much about that, all they care about is the music and the charts success. See, the music on ARTPOP is amazing, but it's sometimes so selfcentred it's sometimes hard to feel related to the lyrics and the music. The GP maybe feels this way towards the lyrics. In relation to the chart success, let's face it, ARTPOP didn't perform well, the music didn't do it for the GP, the most famous song is Applause, the rest of the songs many people don't know about. So yeah, the press is partially to be blamed for this because the way it portrayed how the album performed on charts as a big failure and most of the GP associated this with Gaga's career being over.

So, in my opinion, the GP sees ARTPOP as a bad album mainly because it didn't perform well on charts, and those who were interested on listening to the music despite of how it performed, find it hard to feel related to the lyrics and the way the whole album sounds. I think this is so far the one Gaga album that was made for fans. Only us LM's value it and only us are able to understand the importance of it and the impact it had on the perception of celebrity/popstar culture.

FIND YOUR FREEDOM IN THE MUSIC

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Butters Stotch said:

I think us LM's think of ARTPOP in a different way as the GP because we know the potential the era had and how excited and optimistic Gaga was about it. The GP honestly didn't care much about that, all they care about is the music and the charts success. See, the music on ARTPOP is amazing, but it's sometimes so selfcentred it's sometimes hard to feel related to the lyrics and the music. The GP maybe feels this way towards the lyrics. In relation to the chart success, let's face it, ARTPOP didn't perform well, the music didn't do it for the GP, the most famous song is Applause, the rest of the songs many people don't know about. So yeah, the press is partially to be blamed for this because the way it portrayed how the album performed on charts as a big failure and most of the GP associated this with Gaga's career being over.

So, in my opinion, the GP sees ARTPOP as a bad album mainly because it didn't perform well on charts, and those who were interested on listening to the music despite of how it performed, find it hard to feel related to the lyrics and the way the whole album sounds. I think this is so far the one Gaga album that was made for fans. Only us LM's value it and only us are able to understand the importance of it and the impact it had on the perception of celebrity/popstar culture.

Yes, I agree! Tbh if Gaga knew how much of a fan-favorite ARTPOP would become today, she probably would have marketed it in that fashion IMO.

ARTPOP is still Lady Gaga's best album.

• 2 weeks later...
Inferno

It was/is alright. Always liked it. Its not a masterpiece as some stans overrate it to be nor was/is it the trainwreck people were reaching for it to be at the time either. I think the people that claim its terrible more often than not just have never cared enough to revisit it with open ears because they don't care. Which is fine. Doesn't really matter either way idk.

Archived