Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why Do People Still Think That ARTPOP Is A Bad Album Today?

Ilya

Featured Posts

I'd take it over Chromatica any day, with no hesitation

Do I think it's her best? No

But it's faaaar from being her worst album

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its so diverse. I love it so much. Back at that time my life was a complete mess as well. When I look back on those days I feel like that Album was linear with one of my most dramatic chapters in life. I love it now as much as who I was back then and who I am now.

sorry for the rant. ARTOP just has a very special place in my life.

Agunimon
12 hours ago, Donatellah said:

Yet some tracks off that album are much better than lots of inspired/deep/emotional tracks by hers :vegas:

Hard disagree, but a matter of opinion.

18 hours ago, VasilisVas said:

Elaborate more on the “specifically GP” part. I never heard about ARTPOP anywhere besides GGD. :oops:

I mean the general public

ARTPOP is still Lady Gaga's best album.

7 hours ago, TMM90 said:

Its so diverse. I love it so much. Back at that time my life was a complete mess as well. When I look back on those days I feel like that Album was linear with one of my most dramatic chapters in life. I love it now as much as who I was back then and who I am now.

sorry for the rant. ARTOP just has a very special place in my life.

I agree. This is the same for me as well!

17 hours ago, Staryu17 said:

Because many haters clinged to her first "under-performance" and wanted it to be her downfall, for good sadly. She also got flack for DWUW, SwineFesf, and using hyperactive electronics even though EDM was still doing numbers on radio and least the electronic/EDM on ARTPOP carried a lot of flavour and character🥺

Unfortunate tea :messga:

VasilisVas
2 hours ago, Euglena50 said:

I mean the general public

I understand and know exactly what “GP” means, but my question to you is, where and when has the GP shown they have taken an interest in ARTPOP as of recently? 

26 minutes ago, VasilisVas said:

I understand and know exactly what “GP” means, but my question to you is, where and when has the GP shown they have taken an interest in ARTPOP as of recently? 

Last year, if I remeber correctly.

hieronymus
On 10/16/2021 at 7:22 PM, bionic said:

Right? CHARTFLOP was such a classic and somewhat relevant :noparty: Fart jokes are so juvenile and are not really relatable

Do you not fart?

4 hours ago, bionic said:

I don’t digest either 

OMG I"M DEAD :deadbanana:

Chromatica

I don’t think it’s a good album. I like listening to it sometimes because I loved Gaga so much at the time that I have so many memories associated with the songs, but I don’t enjoy most of the songs. It’s hard to listen to Aura when I know I’ve heard a better version of it and my brain wants it to be that. I don’t find myself ever wanting to listen to G.U.Y., Sexxx Dreams, JnD, Donatella or Dope. MANiCURE used to be my favorite but I think I enjoy the idea of Gaga exploring that sound more than the cringe lyrics on this song. ARTPOP is insulting because it really shows that she doesn’t even know what ARTPOP means to her and that the album is conceptually hollow. Swine is a powerful song in concept but most times I listen to it I feel that the production lacks the punch it needs to really pop off. I really enjoy Fashion! and MJH. I like Gypsy and Applause. DWUW is produced really well but of course that was another disaster. When I first heard Venus I thought it was her best song but now parts of it make me wince a bit. 

4 hours ago, Chromatica said:

I don’t think it’s a good album. I like listening to it sometimes because I loved Gaga so much at the time that I have so many memories associated with the songs, but I don’t enjoy most of the songs. It’s hard to listen to Aura when I know I’ve heard a better version of it and my brain wants it to be that. I don’t find myself ever wanting to listen to G.U.Y., Sexxx Dreams, JnD, Donatella or Dope. MANiCURE used to be my favorite but I think I enjoy the idea of Gaga exploring that sound more than the cringe lyrics on this song. ARTPOP is insulting because it really shows that she doesn’t even know what ARTPOP means to her and that the album is conceptually hollow. Swine is a powerful song in concept but most times I listen to it I feel that the production lacks the punch it needs to really pop off. I really enjoy Fashion! and MJH. I like Gypsy and Applause. DWUW is produced really well but of course that was another disaster. When I first heard Venus I thought it was her best song but now parts of it make me wince a bit. 

Ehh I guess :ohwell:

Agunimon

I listened to it over the weekend after posting in this thread. It's not as bad in retrospect as I had always considered it. I think the biggest problem I had for it was the hype she had for it leading up to the era, the amazing Swinefest performance that set my expectations even higher and her eventually changing some of the songs she performed it for the album version. I also felt like most of the promo for it didn't match the album.

The biggest problem I think that I had to deal with personally with it was that it just came at the very unfortunate time as a follow-up to Born This Way, which remained my favorite album until Chromatica.  I wonder if I would have received it better if she didn't release that beforehand. I think anything other than Chromatica following up Born This Way would have been a disappointment to me.

I still think it contains her worst songs, and I don't care about the super deep meaning that fans associate with some of the songs that I think many of them came up with all on their own because they like to think every Gaga song is some deep commentary on something when I don't believe that to be the case.

It has two of my least favorite songs on it; Donatella and Mary Jane Holland - although I think the production is quite good on MJH. I'm also one of the people who actually love Jewels and Drugs and vaaaastly prefer the R Kelly version of Do What U Want to the solo and the Xtina version.

21 minutes ago, Aetheryte said:

I listened to it over the weekend after posting in this thread. It's not as bad in retrospect as I had always considered it. I think the biggest problem I had for it was the hype she had for it leading up to the era, the amazing Swinefest performance that set my expectations even higher and her eventually changing some of the songs she performed it for the album version. I also felt like most of the promo for it didn't match the album.

The biggest problem I think that I had to deal with personally with it was that it just came at the very unfortunate time as a follow-up to Born This Way, which remained my favorite album until Chromatica.  I wonder if I would have received it better if she didn't release that beforehand. I think anything other than Chromatica following up Born This Way would have been a disappointment to me.

I still think it contains her worst songs, and I don't care about the super deep meaning that fans associate with some of the songs that I think many of them came up with all on their own because they like to think every Gaga song is some deep commentary on something when I don't believe that to be the case.

It has two of my least favorite songs on it; Donatella and Mary Jane Holland - although I think the production is quite good on MJH. I'm also one of the people who actually love Jewels and Drugs and vaaaastly prefer the R Kelly version of Do What U Want to the solo and the Xtina version.

Makes sense :partysick:

Archived