💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why Do People Still Think That ARTPOP Is A Bad Album Today?

Ilya

Featured Posts

6 minutes ago, vpez said:

I liked it back then and I still do, but I have to be in a certain mood to hear it in full, which doesn't happen that often honestly.

I think the whole era was pretty messy (and we felt that Gaga wasn't happy with how it went), the music in general is all over the place and also quite messy. It's sound also wasn't really trendy back then and maybe to "heavy" for the GP (?)
Not to mention that it was basically the polar opposite to TFM and BTW, which surely put off a lot of people.

Agreed.

ARTPOP is still Lady Gaga's best album.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Future Lovers

It’s the weakest album she has made to date. It’s concept was not utilized to a degree that made it make sense, the production was trying way too hard to be edgy and different instead of letting experimentation come naturally, and her writing lost a great deal of it’s magic. It has a handful of decent songs but overall it’s marred by poor choices and poor execution. I respect her intentions, and I can respect why people like it, but it remains a messy album and a messy era. 

AnglerfishbraBENUS

ARTPOP is just literal craziness lol. like that’s a crazy piece of work 

i hope she does a new album called ARTPOP 2 and sells the sh*t out of it 

enissa11
2 hours ago, The Fame said:

probably balk at such shallow songs as Donatella, Jewels and Drugs

those songs aren't just shallow, the thing is that ppl fail to understand the the sense humor behind gaga's songwritting in some ARTPOP tracks "tailor these clothes to fit your guilt", "i just had a salad today", "wear designer clothes and forget your name" it's a steath parody to criticize the fashion industry at the time by mirroring it with an absurd twist, when she referred to the warholian experience is because andy warhol used to do this kind of absurd cynicism to moke the art industry back in the day.
Gaga said "my songs have to be shallow and deep at the same time"
ppl dislike ARTPOP because they don't understand the sensibilities behind it.

Mad Architect of Light

VasilisVas
2 hours ago, Euglena50 said:

We all know how much more popular ARTPOP became last year, right? Before 2020/2021, everyone disliked ARTPOP calling it ARTFLOP. But now a lot of people (specifically the GP) seem to like ARTPOP more than they did before. But, in this current age of loving ARTPOP, some people still think that it's a bad album. True, people have their own opinions, but (most) people are always so harsh for some reason whenever they dislike ARTPOP. I don't know why. I have encountered a lot of people that said ARTPOP is a flop, it's bad etc. On another forum, someone said that Witness by Katy Perry is better than ARTPOP (which isn't true but that's their opinion). I am questioning this a lot. What do you guys think?

EDIT: Some people on the other forum even think that Katy is better than Gaga, but they are both great so why compare the two?

Elaborate more on the “specifically GP” part. I never heard about ARTPOP anywhere besides GGD. :oops:

I don't know I guess it's personal taste.. and seems like the reception of the album, along with the messy era also affects people's thoughts about it

ARTPOP is my #2 or 3 album of hers, I love the energy :tony: and Aura, ARTPOP and Gypsy are top tier for me

I adore ARTPOP. I think it was and still is ahead of its time. But it's so different from anything she has done before and after it, so maybe that's why it's less liked?

Starmie25

Because many haters clinged to her first "under-performance" and wanted it to be her downfall, for good sadly. She also got flack for DWUW, SwineFesf, and using hyperactive electronics even though EDM was still doing numbers on radio and least the electronic/EDM on ARTPOP carried a lot of flavour and character🥺

Donatellah

It's very divided among the fandom... perhaps some people find it shallow, chaotic and unfocused. Honestly I literally appreciate the album for that since I LOVE chaotic, bold and sassy tracks nnnn, but on the other hand it deffo could've been better. Few tracks did not have to get overproduced or changed, R. Kelly NEVER had to be part of Gaga's discography & the promo needed to be more focused. Overall, I still think the music we got is great and not as bad as ppl make it out to be.

Some "shallow" or sassy tracks are better than certain deep songs she has done imo. Venus is a very enjoyable funny and sexual cut, for example. Aura is sassy, sexual and pretentious af yet is probably her most confident and very unique sonically (yes, she fckn bought its instrumental, yet it can't be compared to any other song from her discography)

Donatellah
15 minutes ago, Aetheryte said:

I find most of the lyrics in the songs on ARTPOP to be some of her most uninspired.

Yet some tracks off that album are much better than lots of inspired/deep/emotional tracks by hers :vegas:

Delulu Rogers

Even though I love ARTPOP, objectively speaking it has big flaws. It’s overproduced, not cohesive, has some really cringey lyrics and the majority of the songs don’t even fit the supposed theme of the album, a theme that gaga was confused on herself. 

In reality it’s really simple, ARTPOP is about how art can inspire and infiltrate pop culture. But none of the songs really show that. 

Not to mention it was overhyped and the era was messy which probably influences ppls view on the album. 

NichuuB
4 hours ago, Euglena50 said:

Well on this other forum I mentioned, someone calls it FARTFLOP all the time.

:air:

Property of @Whale

Plastic Flower

I don't think it's a bad album, I just don't like it as a whole. Highs are really great but the lows are just not it for me.

Drop it

Archived