Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why Do People Still Think That ARTPOP Is A Bad Album Today?

Ilya

Featured Posts

4 minutes ago, tomsches said:

Some people think it’s Bad so they say it’s Bad. Some people think it’s Good so they say it’s Good. There’s no need to dive too deep into personal taste and why people like something  or not 

True, but we aren't diving TOO too deep.

ARTPOP is still Lady Gaga's best album.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Economy

I dunno. Its full of songs I find "decent" but not great like her other albums

Songs like: Donatella, Mary Jane Holland, Manicure, G.U.Y, Venus, DWUW,... to me they are ok but not great

The only songs I like more are Applause, Sex Dreams, ARTPOP, Aura and maybe Gypsy

But even those 5 to me dont compare to songs of her that I LOVE. Every other album has a few songs I like A LOT

TF: Just Dance, Poker Face, Love Game, Paparazzi, Starstruck

TFM: Bad Romance, Alejandro, DITD, Monster

BTW: Scheibe, Government Hooker, Edge of Glory, Judas, Mary The Night

Joanne: Dancin In Circles, Million Reasons, John Wayne, Grigio Girls

Chromatica: Rain On Me, Stupid Love, Replay, Enigma

ARTPOP, it has many decent songs for me but no great ones. To sum it up, If I listed my top 20 fav Gaga songs none of the ARTPOP songs would probably make the list tbh, and if any did probably only Applause

HotLikeMexico

I don’t know about the others, but it’s my least favorite album from her. I wouldn’t necessarily call it it a flop but I just personally don’t like it.

Economy
1 minute ago, HotLikeMexico said:

I don’t know about the others, but it’s my least favorite album from her. I wouldn’t necessarily call it it a flop but I just personally don’t like it.

I dont dislike it. Almost every song on it is at least decent to me...

But its the only major release of hers that doesnt really have any highlight song for me where im like "omg i love that song so much"... all her other albums for me had at least a few

5 minutes ago, Economy said:

I dunno. Its full of songs I find "decent" but not great like her other albums

Songs like: Donatella, Mary Jane Holland, Manicure, G.U.Y, Venus, DWUW,... to me they are ok but not great

The only songs I like more are Applause, Sex Dreams, ARTPOP, Aura and maybe Gypsy

But even those 5 to me dont compare to songs of her that I LOVE. Every other album has a few songs I like A LOT

TF: Just Dance, Poker Face, Love Game, Paparazzi, Starstruck

TFM: Bad Romance, Alejandro, DITD, Monster

BTW: Scheibe, Government Hooker, Edge of Glory, Judas, Mary The Night

Joanne: Dancin In Circles, Million Reasons, John Wayne, Grigio Girls

Chromatica: Rain On Me, Stupid Love, Replay, Enigma

ARTPOP, it has many decent songs for me but no great ones. To sum it up, If I listed my top 20 fav Gaga songs none of the ARTPOP songs would probably make the list tbh, and if any did probably only Applause

Personally, I love every song on ARTPOP because they are amazing and unique in their own ways. But if that's what you think I am completely fine with it!

2 minutes ago, La Rosalia said:

Because it’s messy and the worst on her discography. 

No. But that's your opinion :bye:

It’s not bad at all. I would just say that it’s a really tough listen it could have been cleaner but it was all over the place. The songs are really good individually. As a full album it’s kind of messy and not cohesive. Still so fun though 

5 minutes ago, Oyster said:

It’s not bad at all. I would just say that it’s a really tough listen it could have been cleaner but it was all over the place. The songs are really good individually. As a full album it’s kind of messy and not cohesive. Still so fun though 

True. IMO I don't think ARTPOP is not cohesive because everything revolves around the concept of ARTPOP meaning anything. Though I do agree that it is hard to listen to for some people.

Glamourpuss

I never warmed to it and neither did my friends who were Gaga fans. Some of the songs are weak compared to the rest of her discography. It's always been my least favourite album. I still supported the era and went to 3 shows though. :pawsup:

Just now, Glamourpuss said:

I never warmed to it. It's always been my least favourite album. I still supported the era and went to 3 shows though. :pawsup:

That's nice :trollga:

ARTPOP is not necessarly bad, but it definitely could have been better, not only musically speaking but also under the marketing strategy pov. I think Gaga and her label f*cked the whole project up and gave some unnecessary strong hype before its release.

Just now, Immortalpop said:

ARTPOP is not necessarly bad, but it definitely could have been better, not only musically speaking but also under the marketing strategy pov. I think Gaga and her label f*cked the whole project up and gave some unnecessary strong hype before its release

I agree. Gaga did hype up ARTPOP, but it was mainly Interscope who f*cked it up.

I liked it back then and I still do, but I have to be in a certain mood to hear it in full, which doesn't happen that often honestly.

I think the whole era was pretty messy (and we felt that Gaga wasn't happy with how it went), the music in general is all over the place and also quite messy. It's sound also wasn't really trendy back then and maybe to "heavy" for the GP (?)
Not to mention that it was basically the polar opposite to TFM and BTW, which surely put off a lot of people.

trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if it's broken but you can still see the crack in that ************s reflection.

NFRatwell

ARTPOP could’ve and should’ve been more IMO. A second act, differnt sounding songs. It could’ve been her magnum opus if the theme of “my ARTPOP could mean anything” actually meant anything besides pretty similar songs. Joanne has more diversity. 

Archived