Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

The Batman - Main Trailer

Queen Bitch

Featured Posts

What a hecking good trailer, God Damn, really impressive shots. 2022 arrive fast please, this seems like the next dark masterpiece we all been waiting for. This even seems better than Joker, i am way too hyped. 

LilyLark

So this is going to be unpopular but...I'm not feeling it. Rob Pattinson's hair looks like Joy Division meets Hot Topic, the slow mo towards the end, the high pitched (is that Colin Farrell?) voice, the super dramatic line readings, etc.

I don't know. This is going to be the third take on Batman in approx. 15 years. A young-ish (Christian Bale was also in his early 30s when he first played Batman) Batman in a dark, gritty version is just....very reminiscent of Nolan's Batman with Christian Bale. And I don't mean this to shade Matt Reeves or Robert Pattinson (both of whom are good), but neither one is at Nolan or Bale's level imo.

I wish they had stayed with grizzled, older Batman (a la Affleck) or gone in a more comic direction (like some of the earlier iterations of Batman).

*I'm wondering if people who didn't see the Bale version, especially in the theaters, might have a different reaction to it though.

JusKeepBreathin

I'm in I'm in I'm all in.

Zoe as Catwoman. I was born again. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Reality

This is literally the Batman Arkham videogames brought to life on the big screen, I'M SO EXCITED FOR THIS!!!!

People were quick to judge Pattinson becoming Batman, but remember, people haaaaated the Heath Ledger casting before The Dark Knight. From the looks of it, Pattinson looks like he's going to be an incredible Batman!

🃏🖤👹

jesus it looks so good.after Anne Hathaways Catwoman I strungle to picture anyone else as Catwoman. Especially the voice. But Zoe seems good! really excited!

1 hour ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

I'm in I'm in I'm all in.

Zoe as Catwoman. I was born again. 

Yes! She stole the trailer IMO, best thing about it 

Big Reputation

I’ve never felt more hyped for a movie 😁

When it’s dark outside you’re always the light

Future Lovers
11 hours ago, LilyLark said:

So this is going to be unpopular but...I'm not feeling it. Rob Pattinson's hair looks like Joy Division meets Hot Topic, the slow mo towards the end, the high pitched (is that Colin Farrell?) voice, the super dramatic line readings, etc.

I don't know. This is going to be the third take on Batman in approx. 15 years. A young-ish (Christian Bale was also in his early 30s when he first played Batman) Batman in a dark, gritty version is just....very reminiscent of Nolan's Batman with Christian Bale. And I don't mean this to shade Matt Reeves or Robert Pattinson (both of whom are good), but neither one is at Nolan or Bale's level imo.

I wish they had stayed with grizzled, older Batman (a la Affleck) or gone in a more comic direction (like some of the earlier iterations of Batman).

*I'm wondering if people who didn't see the Bale version, especially in the theaters, might have a different reaction to it though.

I do get where you're coming from but this is really only the second time we're seeing Batman's first year as a crime fighter on screen. By the time we found him in the Burton/Schumacher he had been doing it for some time. We found him in the Synder era almost 20 years into his career. The only time we've ever seen an origin story for him on screen has been in The Dark Knight trilogy. But the thing about this film is that isn't an origin story at all. It's within his first year, but it's not about how he became Batman, it's about the events that turned him from the early vigilante in the Batman we know which really has not been shown on film before. B

atman Begins is all about his very, very early vigilantism and by the end of it, he's not really been fully formed yet, he's still a green crime fighter without all of the pieces in place. And we don't see those pieces fall into place because by the time The Dark Knight comes around he's been the Batman we know for a bit. This time frame that this film is exploring has never been depicted, and we'll for the first time get to see him graduate from his early form to being The Batman. 

As for staying with the old and grizzled Batman...it's been done to death. Not on film per say, but the comics, animated films, and the television shows have beat that horse to death over and over and over again. This film is aimed just as much at the comic fans as it is the general public and if they were to stay on the aging Batman, it'd bore their core audience to the point of being disinterested in the film. That's not to mention general audiences didn't respond well to that incarnation of Batman when they tried it in the Synderverse either. 

Def a well made movie. I feel like the protagonists feel a bit washed over, at least in the trailer. Rob and Zoe seem like they could be any actor and actress in hollywood. Him much more than her, a person that usually is captivating on screen, here gets lost in all the dark colour and big suit. 

Archived