💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why do people think Gaga doesn't like pop music anymore?

Chromatica Island

Featured Posts

latina twilight

Aside from a lot of valid answears from some users, I think a lot of the lack of promo for pop music versus the commitment for jazz music comes from the amount of preassure she gets from every project

When it comes to pop music (aka Chromatica) she is constantly bombarded with comments like "we need more promo", "her older work is better", "she lost her touch", "she tanked", etc., whereas other projects (like L4S or ASIB) she is praised for her versatility and she knows she doesn't have to bother with things like choreo, music videos, costumes... jazz is natural to her, it's flattering to her and she feels more freedom and has a bigger room to experiment and exploit her talent

Tbh, I think she needs a little rest from pop music, experiment with some other genres where she feels comfortable, cleanse her mind and soul, and then kill it when she feels ready to go back to pop, but at the end, we all know she is a powerful respected character in the music industry and she has almos full freedom to do what she wants even in pop music, so I'm guessing that if she continues doing pop it's because she wants to and enjoys

Perhaps, she only made Chromatica for the music and concept itself but she's okay with it having a little less promo than her previous work, but that's only my take on it

Sorry if there are some typos and grammar mistakes, I just wrote a whole bible in like 1.5 minutes and I'm feeling lazy to double check with Google translator :laughga:

"YOU USED TO BE SO KIND, I NEVER KNEW YOU HAD SUCH A DIRRTY MIND".

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bambino

It's obvious at this point that she's into all kind of music genre right? Nobody is gonna be shook even if she does mariachi lol

Mother of Puppies

I wouldn't be surprised if she releases a kind of "The Chromatica Monster" mini album for the tour next year to revive the hype for the CB... maybe she's been working on it all this time... if u think about that Love 4 Sale has been in the line for 3 years (since 2018) amd they only released it now...

so while some people believe she's being "lazy" there is much happening in the background that we don't see now, but a few years later when it's being released.

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

I think she likes many types of music. I will admit that it does feel like she likes edm and "pure" pop music a little less than before. Does not mean she doesnt love it. Just seems like she likes it less than before. 

At the end of the day she still makes pop music and she clearly still enjoys it.

Tinnitus15

To be honest I don’t think she doesn’t like pop music..We all know that they were going all in with the promo,but due to the pandemic and the BLM movement,it wasn’t the right time..Wrong place,wrong time I think..I know she will make it up,we don’t know If she’s not already in the studio recording a new pop album or having some ideas for LG7(who would have imagined that she’ll release 3 albums in the spam of 1 year),so she’ll give us the era we want soon or later 

chromaticainmyhead
10 hours ago, pachinko said:

For answer: compare her commitment in the jazz era vs chromatica era. 

in her defense: she was prioritizing handling the pandemic as a public figure (WHO-fundraise) but also personally (close relative was seriously affected by COVID) and there were the elections where she literally was the top tier performer for Biden's campaign. Inbetween these periods we still got 2 MV, 1 major Chromatica medley.

Shortly after the election rehearsals for HOG began; everything still within lockdowns and COVID measurements where we know she has critical health issues as well. These events that we got to witness where all scheduling issues she literally has very little influence in. You cannot cancel your engagement in Biden's campaign when you know your country's future probably depends on it. Same with HOG rehearsals and filming. Imagine the consequences if she decided to prioritze Chromatica and aimed for rescheduling the shoot. Hollywood would be mumbling. 

People forget that all the things that we got see only happenend bc of either contracts and deadlines which were already on the way (Haus Labs production, all the pallettes were probably already produced right before or shortly after the pandemic broke out) or a personal commitment with a strong philantropical background where it simply would be narcissistic from Gaga's perspective to invest your time and energy in your own artistic interests when you know you could do this and invest in the lives of millions of people.

Had the pandemic not happened we would have got a very short era nonetheless. I know it's frustrating she   is now already performing more for L4S than for Chromatica but we cannot imagine the whole rescheduling and we know Gaga that she is quick to scratch things when it's not perfect and the right time but we can be sure she had not made this decision with her little finger. I believe she really did everything in her power and mental capacity to keep the Chromatica era alive but also handle all these other events in her professional and private life.

fan-tas-tique, chic, freak, slaaaay

retrosexual123

It’s pretty clear to me that Chromatica was 95% Bloodpop just pushing it along and making it happen…

Gaga wrote lyrics and gave direction but let’s be honest… he heart wasn’t in it… was it?! 

Christopher Rolas

I want rock-gaga already, but if it happens that the chromatica era will continue to 2022 I'm here for more pop-techno

Maestro play me your symphony I will listen to anything Take me on a trip DJ free my mind

14 minutes ago, retrosexual123 said:

It’s pretty clear to me that Chromatica was 95% Bloodpop just pushing it along and making it happen…

Gaga wrote lyrics and gave direction but let’s be honest… he heart wasn’t in it… was it?! 

Yes the red flag was that Gaga had no Co-producer credits on any of the songs.  No excuses about pandemics and protests for that.

flyaway
11 hours ago, RAMROD said:

I think pop Gaga fans just felt betrayed/sidelined/bitter/forsaken  :shrug:

I think you're being a little extra :huntyga:Most of Chromatica's plans were scrapped after covid

HuffsAhoy
58 minutes ago, retrosexual123 said:

he heart wasn’t in it

If her heart wasn't in it, then how come the album has some of the best lyrics of her career? Y'all make up the wildest conspiracies :smh: 

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.

CatelynnMarie

Honestly I think it’s just people going off of some of the things she mentions in interviews/ lack of enthusiasm at times and the lack of artist to fan interaction over the years. She’s also said she never wanted to be trapped in the “industry box”, so maybe between the label and fans being like, pop music pop music pop music, you’re a pop star, she kinda got fed up or it got stale to a degree and she’s burnt out creatively? I mean think about it, if someone or something, even yourself, was pressuring you to create similar things over and over again, trying to top the last one, you’d probably get exhausted too (remember the interviews that came out from bloodpop and gaga herself from chromatica era). 

i don’t believe she hates pop music and doesn’t want to create it ever, but I feel like she’s definitely burnt out. Also on the topic of chromatica. Imagine how much work went into the project just to get f***ed over by the pandemic that no one had any control over. I’ve mentioned this before in my own frustrations as a fan where it’s like, “well look at Dua Lipa”, but I also have come to this understanding as well like, it seems like through the creative process of chromatica, it was really tough on gaga emotionally/ mentally/ etc. to go through what I imagine a mental turmoil only to have everything you work towards be inevitably destroyed by something out of control of anyone’s hands. That feeling of defeat and disappointment/ failure could exist in that at any point.

also side note, I’ve started to really just understand things better and be more and more empathetic as I get older. I’ve always been a just enjoy the music person, but it can be scary when our faves switch up genres or experiment. The thing is we have to kind of learn to accept it and just kind of grow with them, even if the music doesn’t do it for us. It’s one thing not to vibe with lyrics or the sound of a song/ album, but it’s another to support our faves emotionally and support their creative process. I think we all forget what the industry is like too at times and how unforgivable and messed up it is on top of an artist or band really having a vision on what they want to create, but then a lot of times not having a lot of control. Idk it’s just a lot to think about and I wanted to just post this out to the ether for somewhat of a perspective on this topic

13 hours ago, pachinko said:

For answer: compare her commitment in the jazz era vs chromatica era. 

Mild caveat that the commitment is in part to Tony

Archived