💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why do people think Gaga doesn't like pop music anymore?

Chromatica Island

Featured Posts

HuffsAhoy
3 minutes ago, PartySick said:

If I had one wish, it'd be that she never makes another dance pop album again :billie:

Omg, the TASTE!! I feel the same. Yeah, she is good with dance pop, but her true calling and the moments I am truly gobsmacked is when she's on a stage crooning jazz or tapping into that rock star persona. I hope Chromatica is it for pop-Ga for the foreseeable future. 

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Agunimon
1 hour ago, Monsterabriel said:

I do believe she will explore other genres in the future as well.

I really hope she does, and to the extent that I've always wished that for her. Selfishly for my own interest. I do think she will always find and have her roots in pop music, since she is a figurehead for it and has so many references of it in interviews, etc. But I find myself less inclined to listen and enjoy pop music and that has been the case for quite a while.

Anderson123

Not y'all trying to compare her "commitment" from Chromatica to Love For Sale. :rip: She loves Chromatica so much and it got released during a pandemic, during riots, no vaccines, no live performances, a family member sick with COVID. She still managed to film a final music video and do the VMAs which were like.. the only show last year because Coachella got cancelled, everything they booked got cancelled.

Love For Sale is just seeing the light of the day now that concerts are finally allowed, of course she'd want to do this now a year and a half later that the world is in a very different place.

Chromatica Island
Just now, Anderson123 said:

Not y'all trying to compare her "commitment" from Chromatica to Love For Sale. :rip: She loves Chromatica so much and it got released during a pandemic, during riots, no vaccines, no live performances, a family member sick with COVID. She still managed to film a final music video and do the VMAs which were like.. the only show last year because Coachella got cancelled, everything they booked got cancelled.

Love For Sale is just seeing the light of the day now that concerts are finally allowed, of course she'd want to do this now a year and a half later that the world is in a very different place.

Exactly!

Any/All Pronouns, Genderfluid🏳‍⚧

Chromatica Island
4 minutes ago, HuffsAhoy said:

Omg, the TASTE!! I feel the same. Yeah, she is good with dance pop, but her true calling and the moments I am truly gobsmacked is when she's on a stage crooning jazz or tapping into that rock star persona. I hope Chromatica is it for pop-Ga for the foreseeable future. 

I'm the complete opposite of y'all, but go off i guess:haroon:

HuffsAhoy
5 minutes ago, Delulu Rogers said:

This excuse worked between March-June 2020. If by august she was doing the 911 music video and the vma performance, she could have continued to do more MVs, performances, etc from August 2020-now.

Yet after August 2020 to late this summer, covid once again went on a rampage around the world. That doesn't take into account the personal trauma she dealt with at the end of 2020 with a family member nearly dying of covid and then the dog walker incident. The reality is you have zero right to be making such ignorant statements without all the facts. :ohwell:

Delulu Rogers
5 minutes ago, Reality said:

Apparently y'all have really good selective memory because you seemed to have forgotten that Gaga was supposed to do a sh*t ton of promo for Chromatica. Mr. S literally said that it was going to be second to BTW in terms of the promo. The fact that she didn't end up doing much isn't indicative of her "not liking pop music anymore." She just felt like the focus should've been on COVID, which is perfectly valid.

Well we can’t judge off of what was suppose to happen, we have to judge off of what did happen. I wouldn’t put too much faith into twitter insiders considering she released SL before the pandemic and didn’t do anything to push it other than radio interviews. By the looks of the OG schedule, the era was only ever going to get 2 singles, a short tour and also be her shortest era yet. None of that seems like BTW 2.0. And yes, she focused on helping the covid situation which is so admirable however let’s not act like more things couldn’t have been done in the second half of 2020 or throughout all of 2021. 

Cruelty

Plus, if you're Lady Gaga and your album has been out for three months already, sold very nicely, what's the benefit in starting afresh and creating a whole new promo plan? Simply not wanting to go on a basically pointless round of promo (especially after the emotionally exhausting experience of living through Covid) is entirely valid, and doesn't equate to 'not liking pop music anymore'. On top of that, it's an album about personal trauma, compounded by the fact that the whole world has gone through an experience of trauma, maybe she just didn't want to drag herself round all the virtual award shows singing about 'the scars on my mind'.

Ultimately, let's be honest, if she didn't like pop music anymore, she wouldn't have even made Chromatica. Nobody forced her to.

Delulu Rogers
1 minute ago, HuffsAhoy said:

Yet after August 2020 to late this summer, covid once again went on a rampage around the world. That doesn't take into account the personal trauma she dealt with at the end of 2020 with a family member nearly dying of covid and then the dog walker incident. The reality is you have zero right to be making such ignorant statements without all the facts. :ohwell:

I’m not making ignorant comments. I never claimed to know her personal life/the trauma that she had to deal with. The fact is that whenever we talk about chromatica ppl like to bring up x, y and z as to why the era went south yet disregard the possibility  that more could have been done at some point between March 2020-now.

PartySick
11 minutes ago, HuffsAhoy said:

I need a full rock album from her :bradley: even if it's rock/pop like P!nk or Miley, I just need it...so bad :bradley:

🖤

HuffsAhoy
1 minute ago, PartySick said:

I need a full rock album from her :bradley: even if it's rock/pop like P!nk or Miley, I just need it...so bad :bradley:

I keep hoping for a rock sound like Cher did in the late 80's :nooo:

HuffsAhoy
5 minutes ago, Delulu Rogers said:

more could have been done at some point between March 2020-now.

It could have been, but it wasn't. So, how about fans like you finally stop complaining about stuff out of your control? :dom:

Chromatica Island
Just now, HuffsAhoy said:

It could have been, but it wasn't. So, how about fans like you finally stop complaining about stuff out of your control? :dom:

I mean their name is delulu:haroon:

PartySick
5 minutes ago, HuffsAhoy said:

I keep hoping for a rock sound like Cher did in the late 80's :nooo:

Omg :bradley:

Gaga doing anything like these would put me in the ground

🖤

Delulu Rogers
3 minutes ago, HuffsAhoy said:

Lol I wasn’t even complaining. This thread literally asked ppl for their opinions and I simply gave mine. Plus my first post literally said she can do whatever she wants. 

Archived