💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why do people think Gaga doesn't like pop music anymore?

Chromatica Island

Featured Posts

gagawaffles
1 minute ago, Darkgod said:

I didn't believe this until I watched gaga in enigma and the jazz show .. her energy was so low when she performed pop music in enigma compared to the jazz show when she was extremely happy .

Pop music is not her thing from the beginning .. Redone pushed her into that field and that worked like magic .. 

probably because she’s back to performing? 

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HuffsAhoy

Because they think she was lazy for not promoting an album during a pandemic. Big deal. Lots of artists don't promote albums for various reasons. Life goes on. If she hated pop music she wouldn't have made Enigma, a show that features all of her pop hits :lmao:

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.

Delulu Rogers

For a serious answer, the difference between L4S promo and chromatica is already reason enough. I can’t remember the interview, but at some point Bobby said they were going to do a livestream concert for chromatica but then things “just didn’t work out.” But somehow they magically were able to do multiple concerts for the L4S era. Not to mention that the few stuff we did get for chromatica, she went silent on like the day after it dropped. Also SL was released before the pandemic and she didn’t do anything to promote it. We haven’t had more than 2 singles from an album in almost 10 years. 

At the end of the day it’s her choice and she can do what she wants, but the evidence to support her not being into pop music anymore is abundant. 

1 minute ago, gagawaffles said:

probably because she’s back to performing? 

Don't think so .. she clearly more comfortable singing jazz .. rewatch the enigma show with the jazz show back to back 

gagawaffles
1 minute ago, Delulu Rogers said:

For a serious answer, the difference between L4S promo and chromatica is already reason enough. I can’t remember the interview, but at some point Bobby said they were going to do a livestream concert for chromatica but then things “just didn’t work out.” But somehow they magically were able to do multiple concerts for the L4S era. Not to mention that the few stuff we did get for chromatica, she went silent on like the day after it dropped. Also SL was released before the pandemic and she didn’t do anything to promote it. We haven’t had more than 2 singles from an album in almost 10 years. 

At the end of the day it’s her choice and she can do what she wants, but the evidence to support her not being into pop music anymore is abundant. 

Y’all she literally released a chromatic remix album

gagawaffles
1 minute ago, Darkgod said:

Don't think so .. she clearly more comfortable singing jazz .. rewatch the enigma show with the jazz show back to back 

You guys see her performance last night and suddenly disregard the fact that she’s made several pop albums lol. This forum is cray

Chromatica Island
1 minute ago, gagawaffles said:

You guys see her performance last night and suddenly disregard the fact that she’s made several pop albums lol. This forum is cray

I agree lmao

Any/All Pronouns, Genderfluid🏳‍⚧

Cruelty

Worth noting that we're having this discussion at a time when, after a year and a half cooped up inside, Gaga is finally able to get back onstage doing the thing she loves. Of course she's gonna be having the time of her life, whatever show she's doing.

Plus, the jazz show is more laidback for her, with very minimal choreo to worry about. There's more opportunity to interact with the audience, to have fun with the musicians. It's a show where Gaga gets to sing the songs she's loved for two decades, and then crack some jokes in between. Is anyone surprised she prefers that to doing two hours of intensive choreo singing songs she's played hundreds of times before? She clearly still has time for both pop and jazz, but at the moment, as she's promoting a jazz album and gradually returning to a more active schedule, the jazz is her focus, and when she's expressing the sheer joy of being back at work doing what she loves, it's focused on jazz.

PartySick
29 minutes ago, FameMonster01 said:

I honestly think that we got enough of ballady,jazzy content from her (joanne,ctc,l4s,ASIB) and now it's time for another pop album, or maaybe even rock if she really wants to explore music further

I feel the opposite is true tbh.

We have plenty of dance/electronic/disco/etc pop from her (TF, TFM, BTW, AP, some of Joanne, some of ASIB, and Chromatica).

I personally think jazz and her more subdued genres (C2C, 2015 as a whole, Joanne's quieter tracks, ASIB, and L4S) as well as her rock side (BTW, the louder Joanne tracks, some ASIB tracks, many live performances)...THAT is where she truly shines.

If I had one wish, it'd be that she never makes another dance pop album again :billie:

But we all know she's going to do whatever tf she wants so it's a fun ride regardless.

🖤

If you look at the videos, performances, interviews from 2008-2013 and those from now, it's very obvious her interest for pop music has decreased. Even the music itself isn't as great as she used to make it

Reality

Apparently y'all have really good selective memory because you seemed to have forgotten that Gaga was supposed to do a sh*t ton of promo for Chromatica. Mr. S literally said that it was going to be second to BTW in terms of the promo. The fact that she didn't end up doing much isn't indicative of her "not liking pop music anymore." She just felt like the focus should've been on COVID, which is perfectly valid.

🃏🖤👹

Delulu Rogers
10 minutes ago, gagawaffles said:

Omg y’all chromatica came at a very tumultuous time. The pandemic was in full swing and the economy was terrible. Nobody was in a good mood. Please lol. Give her a break 

This excuse worked between March-June 2020. If by august she was doing the 911 music video and the vma performance, she could have continued to do more MVs, performances, etc from August 2020-now. Yes she had Gucci in March-May of 2021 but that still left plenty of time to create more content for chromatica. I think ppl are also forgetting that a huge problem is that her team teased so much for us to get nothing from it. Also when Freddie said that they did the best they could with the era, it makes it seem like they just gave up and we’re happy with what we got. 

PartySick
1 minute ago, Reality said:

Apparently y'all have really good selective memory because you seemed to have forgotten that Gaga was supposed to do a sh*t ton of promo for Chromatica. Mr. S literally said that it was going to be second to BTW in terms of the promo. The fact that she didn't end up doing much isn't indicative of her "not liking pop music anymore." She just felt like the focus should've been on COVID, which is perfectly valid.

She was going to do Coachella again ffs :bradley:

🖤

Chromatica Island
1 minute ago, Reality said:

Yeah it seems like people on here forgot and want to make their own narrative

Any/All Pronouns, Genderfluid🏳‍⚧

enissa11
25 minutes ago, FameMonster01 said:

However, I do think that had she not underperformed with ARTPOP, she would've continued with pop music all the way till it didn't stick anymore. Basically ARTPOP underperformed = she got scared and changed the entire route of her musical career.

I sometimes really wonder how her music would sound like today, had ARTPOP not underperformed.

she said that she literally almost quit music because she was tired of being overworked, she had hip surgery and they even put her to work in bed, she was tired of being used up as a money machine for the corporative music industry, always fighting to fulfill her vision, and then when ARTPOP underperformed, a lot of ppl in her team left her, that was the real reason, she didn't got scared because ARTPOP underperformed, if the team would've had stick around still believing in her maybe things would be differeny, but the whole fiasco made her realized lot of stuff and hence she felt different about the type of music she wanted to make next, leave fame and focus on family, friends, bar, streets etc MR is also about how she had million reasons to quit music but the fans made her stay.

sometimes fans forget how much artistic integrity she has.

Mad Architect of Light

Archived