💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Pitchfork: Easy On Me

COOOK

Featured Posts

adele-30-2-696x696.jpg

Spoiler

"For better or worse, it stays loyal to a classic formula, down to the black-and-white music video directed by the same person behind “Hello.”"

"After a first listen, the song already felt familiar—it reminded me of ballads like “One and Only,” from 21."

"Even if the song isn’t really treading new ground within her own discography, Adele’s powerful delivery feels refreshing at a time when many artists seem to be fond of under-singing; when she charges that “I had good intentions,” soaring forcefully into the line, it sounds like she’s wincing the entire time. There may be new heartbreak to reckon with, but Adele still delivers the same satisfactions."

Full review here.

RAMROD

Years ago, Adele joked to fans that 30 would be a drum’n’bass record “just to spite you.” Rest assured: No such tricks are played on “Easy on Me,” the album’s lead single. For better or worse, it stays loyal to a classic formula, down to the black-and-white music video directed by the same person behind “Hello.” Even if you’ve never seen an Adele video before, you could probably anticipate its plaintive imagery: Adele in a dilapidated home, pensively looking out the window; Adele driving away in her car, glancing at the rearview mirror; Adele putting on a cassette, letting the stereo crackle. After a first listen, the song already felt familiar—it reminded me of ballads like “One and Only,” from 21.

“Easy on Me” is tender: Whereas previously Adele urged an ex to grow up—“we both know we ain’t kids no more”—this time she pleads for understanding: “I was still a child.” The stirring ballad relies on little more than piano and that divine voice of hers; she extends the syllables in her words, gliding easily between the notes within them: “Go e-e-e-e-easy on me, baby.” Even if the song isn’t really treading new ground within her own discography, Adele’s powerful delivery feels refreshing at a time when many artists seem to be fond of under-singing; when she charges that “I had good intentions,” soaring forcefully into the line, it sounds like she’s wincing the entire time. There may be new heartbreak to reckon with, but Adele still delivers the same satisfactions.

https://pitchfork.com/reviews/tracks/adele-easy-on-me/

:applause:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

TimisaMonster

"Adele’s powerful delivery feels refreshing at a time when many artists seem to be fond of under-singing"

This part spills all the tea on how I feel music is recently...the era of whisper and monotone artists...

:reductive:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Archived