ThisGuyTony

Featured Posts

Cameltoe Chariot
38 minutes ago, Frank Potion said:

People sound bitter. :awkney:

21 minutes ago, LateToCult said:

Not you crusty f@gs implying Adele will flop. :air:

15 minutes ago, Gilly said:

imagine comparing ARTPOP to a song that just debuted with a record breaking 20m streams on the first day. the delusion :rip:

They can't STAND seeing her win like no one else - they keep trying to convince everyone she's basic and bland, or that she's flopping :ladyhaha: the clownery is at an all time high I fear! :diane:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When is this fan base going to stop talking about sales and focus on what actually matters and is relevant in the 2020s?streaminggggg. She’s doing numbers on streaming. Why do we still talk about sales this isn’t 2005 people don’t pay for each individual song and album unless they’re like 75 years old 

Cameltoe Chariot
40 minutes ago, Oyster said:

When is this fan base going to stop talking about sales and focus on what actually matters and is relevant in the 2020s?streaminggggg. She’s doing numbers on streaming. Why do we still talk about sales this isn’t 2005 people don’t pay for each individual song and album unless they’re like 75 years old 

Because they desperately need an angle to try and convince people she’s flopping!

Kim Kardashian Reality Tv GIF

This song is bland and has no seasoning. Hello was a solid lead single.

That said, she is NOT flopping lol. Adele is SMASHING.

PartySick

This is just the single right? I'm not a chartster but I imagine more people buy albums than singles so 30 itself will still smash even if EOM doesn't (in pure sales - it's definitely crushing streaming records).

HOW does she have so much power tbh :messga: can she and Gaga collab already? :messga:

đŸ–€

7 hours ago, Gilly said:

imagine comparing ARTPOP to a song that just debuted with a record breaking 20m streams on the first day. the delusion :rip:

I'm not comparing it to ARTPOP :what: I'm comparing 25/30 to BTW/ARTPOP (hypothetically if it doesn't do as well)

Future Lovers
On 10/15/2021 at 12:44 PM, SummerBoy223 said:

Yikes this is bad...

Not really when you consider she only 6 hours of tracking. She did in 6 hours what most can’t manage in a week. It released at midnight in the UK which is only 7:00 in the US. 

Andrea B
8 hours ago, Gilly said:

who compared ARTPOP to EOM? they only used ARTPOP as an example. We all know ARTPOP didn't flop, the media and GP compared it to BTW and said that it was a flop just bc it didn't sell 1M copies first week. If Adele doesn't sell 3M first week theres a SMALL chance that the media will call it an ''underperformance''. 

in my opinion nobody will say that adele is flopping or underperforming, the media doesnt hate her. 

SummerBoy223
24 minutes ago, Forbidden Love said:

Not really when you consider she only 6 hours of tracking. She did in 6 hours what most can’t manage in a week. It released at midnight in the UK which is only 7:00 in the US. 

The 70k prediction is for the whole week. She did 27k on Friday, which is pretty disappointing. She's doing Rain On Me numbers. Her last lead did 1.1m first week and 635k second week. I obviously wasn't expecting her to do those number again, but it's still low for her. 

Future Lovers
1 hour ago, SummerBoy223 said:

The 70k prediction is for the whole week. She did 27k on Friday, which is pretty disappointing. She's doing Rain On Me numbers. Her last lead did 1.1m first week and 635k second week. I obviously wasn't expecting her to do those number again, but it's still low for her. 

That’s my mistake then. Even still, her streaming numbers are massive so her pure sales hardly matter in this case. She could’ve debuted at #5 on her first day streams alone. Her pure sales may be down (most people’s are) but she’s outpacing everyone on streaming. It’s also worth mentioning her pure sales are not being driven by merch and physicals as there is no merch tie in and the song’s only physical release is a highly limited edition cassette. Her pulling 70k on a single when that’s just about what most people have been pure selling whole albums in what is the worst sales climate in music history is remarkable. You add in her streaming and video views, all of which have far outpaced Hello and broken records in the process, and this comeback is just as monumental as predicted, even if the pure sales are down. Pure sales don’t matter anymore. 

gypsy101
2 hours ago, SummerBoy223 said:

2015 is so different from 2021 when it comes to digital sales it’s basically pointless to compare

AnglerfishbraBENUS

i really think this was a buzz single lol. didn’t she already also film a crazier high budget video?

On 10/15/2021 at 12:17 PM, RichAssPiss said:

I low key think she's in for a rude awakening with first week album sales. She'll obviously do very well but sales are down so much and she'll come nowhere close to the debut of 25. 

I'm expecting a 1.25M-1.75M debut, with about 65% from physical copies, tbh. This era is going to be the biggest era of the year: EoM has already broken two streaming records (Spotify and Amazon) is on pace to break 100M YouTube views in under a week, which is a major feat. It's going to be as astronomical as people are hyping it up to be, and it's going to set the bar for a long, long time

Don't Call Me Gaga

JusKeepBreathin
On 10/15/2021 at 1:38 PM, Lucas said:

Oh my god?? I know sales dropped alot but I would never imagine Adele doing numbers like this with a lead single :omg:

That's because those are a couple of hours worth of sales. :billie: She started early in the US because she wanted to drop it on time for her UK fans. 

Her second week is her first full week of tracking in the US. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

SummerBoy223
2 hours ago, Forbidden Love said:

That’s my mistake then. Even still, her streaming numbers are massive so her pure sales hardly matter in this case. She could’ve debuted at #5 on her first day streams alone. Her pure sales may be down (most people’s are) but she’s outpacing everyone on streaming. It’s also worth mentioning her pure sales are not being driven by merch and physicals as there is no merch tie in and the song’s only physical release is a highly limited edition cassette. Her pulling 70k on a single when that’s just about what most people have been pure selling whole albums in what is the worst sales climate in music history is remarkable. You add in her streaming and video views, all of which have far outpaced Hello and broken records in the process, and this comeback is just as monumental as predicted, even if the pure sales are down. Pure sales don’t matter anymore. 

I strongly agree with that you said. Streaming is obviously more important then digital sales nowadays, but her demographic usually buys albums/singles instead of streaming. Also, ROM didn't need merch bundles since it had a huge lead throughout the week. It sold 65k on itunes alone which is enough for #1. 

1 hour ago, gypsy101 said:

2015 is so different from 2021 when it comes to digital sales it’s basically pointless to compare

I agree, 1.1m in both the streaming and digital era is very impressive. But someone as big as Adele should be able to do 200-300k pure first week. Not Gaga or Justin Bieber numbers. 

Archived