đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Lana Del Rey - Blue Banisters (Discussion)

Opulence

Featured Posts

This album is definitely more personal it seems like raw emotions and her songwriting are the main focus. I think if you’ve gone through similar experiences it’s easier to understand the emotions and what she’s singing about. Definitely blue banisters I felt it. It’s true you either get it or you don’t. She’s always gonna create new music and go back to old sounds but I think right now is definitely a moment to get certain emotions and lyrics out.  

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bowlsofbrett

I enjoyed Blue Banisters more than COTCC. I love the piano and for some reason this feels more heartfelt to me. I’m definitely vibing with most of it. 

BleepBloop
On 10/22/2021 at 5:47 AM, Flawless said:

I feel so sad to be so disconnected with Lana's work this year. I loved everything she used to put out but something is different now, and I don't know what it is. I hope it grows on me

I feel exactly the same. I’ve lost all interest and I don’t know why

Chromatica

Expected to hate it but it’s better than COCC. That she didn’t put Dealer on COCC makes sense to me; it was too good for that album. 

The album is more interesting than Chemtrails, the only song I skipped on the first listen was Thunder :teehee: I am sure I will learn to love it with time.

Violets for Roses is a career highlight. 

funkyhaus
1 hour ago, bestie said:

I don’t know how some of y’all are saying BB is better than Chemtrails

Because it is :ohwell:

Nathaniel Arven
2 hours ago, swakby said:

The album is more interesting than Chemtrails, the only song I skipped on the first listen was Thunder :teehee: I am sure I will learn to love it with time.

Violets for Roses is a career highlight. 

maybe if you listen to the 'Last Shadow Puppets version' you'll find that thing that made me love this song. For me it's literally one of her best (i think i prefer this version)

Nathaniel Arven
2 hours ago, bestie said:

I don’t know how some of y’all are saying BB is better than Chemtrails

I think it's more relatable with the themes, dreamier, completely out of this worldish, with hints of ultraviolence, audacity, a lot of fans fav like for me thunder and living legend.... And a very beautiful production, very close, human and pure too.... I think she matured from COTCC, that's why she had to release a record that close.

Nathaniel Arven

also like has anyone noticed the presence of Barrie James O'Neil on the record ? I really think he knows how she embraces the light and he knows her best angle very well - musically. As an ex lover should do. 

huttont

My first reaction is that it’s my least favorite Lana album. I hope it will change after another listen but I’m not feeling BB. Only a few songs that I kinda like. I am hopeful bc I ended up loving COTCC after a few listens 

5 hours ago, Nathaniel Arven said:

maybe if you listen to the 'Last Shadow Puppets version' you'll find that thing that made me love this song. For me it's literally one of her best (i think i prefer this version)

I've been religiously listening to the LSP version of Thunder for over a year now and when I heard the BB version I was shocked. To me, she mutilated one of her best songs ever. I hope I'll grow to love the new version, but the vibe of the demo is just so perfect.

Archived