💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Lana Del Rey - Blue Banisters (Discussion)

Opulence

Featured Posts

12 minutes ago, La Rosalia said:

I’m so happy to be growing up at the same time she’s releasing music and to be able to connect with it in different parts of my life. I feel like she’s only artist where I can see myself maturing at the same pace of her music.

I couldn't write it in a better way!

It disen't matter how much I listen to her albums,I always find myself coming back to them, from start to finish, I can find tracks that even after years of listening to them I still find myself enjoying them.

I get why this album is not for everyone, but only the fact that we have gems like; Dealer, Thunder, Living Legend, Blue Banisters and BBS on it, is wroth the wait.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
plastiquedoll

I don't understand the hype for the interlude. It's just a basic trap instrumental. There is so much more exciting elements to the album than this. Dealer, BBS, IYLDWM, Sweet Carolina, BB, Thunder, WW are career highlights, BB and COCC have been Lana's most experimental albums vocal wise. 

Blackout19

To be honest so far I am not so into it, but I am gonna give more chances, so I am gonna listen more.

Marilyn Monroe is my best friend.

NYC Monster
15 minutes ago, GunninMan said:

I listened to it last night and couldn't even get thru each song without being completely bored. Her music is just getting progressively worse and worse for me. And the interlude was the most random thing
 it literally doesn’t match the rest of the entire album, at least the parts of the songs I heard. I saw potential in a few but it’s still lacking severely for me. I was looking forward to this album based on the description of it, but listening to it was a hugeeeee let down.

Agreed. Wasn't this album supposed to be directed towards all of her controversies she faced last year/early this year? I swear she said something like that. Very big let down

Arcadia

The people that like that basic ass trap beat Interlude the most out of all the songs on the record. :lmao: y’all need some non-twerk exposure

JaysAMess
19 minutes ago, Malibu Gaga said:

Agreed. Wasn't this album supposed to be directed towards all of her controversies she faced last year/early this year? I swear she said something like that. Very big let down

I think that was the Rock Candy Sweet album, I could be wrong though.

NYC Monster
20 minutes ago, JaysAMess said:

I think that was the Rock Candy Sweet album, I could be wrong though.

Isn't it the same album, she just changed the name of it? 

Glamourpuss

It feels a little bit like Chemtrails Over the Country Club but really watered down. I much prefer Chemtrails because I liked the whole vibe she was going for and even the most basic ones have something special about them. The new album kind of feels like it has the same relaxed vibe with similar lyrical content but it comes across to me like she's just sat in a park and wrote what she's observed without any metaphors or clever poetry (except Wildflower Wildfire) and stuck to a melody she came up with on the spot, which makes it feel so flat and soulless to me. I am hoping the songs grow on me but I'm just not vibing with it at all, which I'm okay with because I'm still happy with the previous two albums and listen to them both almost daily. 

Glamourpuss

Off topic but what happened to the country album she was supposed to be doing with Nicki Lane? Has it been scrapped?

1 hour ago, Malibu Gaga said:

She touches on these subjects on Arcadia, Black Bathing Suit and Beautiful. Also Text Book, Blue Banisters and Wildflower Wildfire touch some of the subjects she has been critized over the years and give some insight about her past struggles.

NYC Monster
11 minutes ago, Thoth said:

She touches on these subjects on Arcadia, Black Bathing Suit and Beautiful. Also Text Book, Blue Banisters and Wildflower Wildfire touch some of the subjects she has been critized over the years and give some insight about her past struggles.

I guess I'm gonna have to listen again or read the lyrics on Genius bc that must've gone right over my head :billie:

After my first listen I can say that I enjoyed it waaaaay more than COCC, I can see myself getting back to it pretty often.

I do feel she got comfortable with this kind of sound and I don't know how much longer she can exploit it. But then again if she feels good and it works, there might be no need to change it.  

Its not a fedora u f*ck

Archived