Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Lana Del Rey - Blue Banisters (Discussion)

Opulence

Featured Posts

Also, not Violets for Roses being cute, but containing the lyric about her being happy to see someone take their masks off. I get what she's trying to say, but that could be taken out of context very easily. :emma:

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bpmMonkey

Ultraviolence, Honeymoon & Lust for Life. Don’t care for the rest, might be for sentimental/nostalgic reasons but for me she reached her peak back then. :bye:

NYC Monster

Gave it another listen today and it's very underwhelming. out of 14/15 ish songs I only like 3 or 4. I don't understand people that are saying it's her best album lmfao 

MadreMonster
35 minutes ago, Malibu Gaga said:

Gave it another listen today and it's very underwhelming. out of 14/15 ish songs I only like 3 or 4. I don't understand people that are saying it's her best album lmfao 

Especially when NFR exists.

Dr Fudge

Listened to it in full and I think I’ve pinpointed my beef- most of the tunes lack a distinct chorus melody. She emphasizes specific words (song titles), but otherwise the songs just blend together. 

Been a cuff touple, a puff bupple, a tough couple of years.

MadreMonster
4 hours ago, Yennefer Stark said:

Not the Interlude Trio track being my favorite :emma:

I need a full album like the interlude

MadreMonster
1 minute ago, BrownEyes08 said:

Dealer is a career highlight.

Very unique for her I feel like!

La Rosalia

The title track is brilliant in my opinion. I love the story telling and I love the use of the blue banisters as a metaphor for abandonment. This track in particular is proof of how much she’s evolved as a songwriter.

I’m not sure if I’ve posted this yet, but Sweet Carolina is my second favorite album closer after Get Free. It’s a beautiful song, I teared up the first time that I listened to it. 

I’m so happy to be growing up at the same time she’s releasing music and to be able to connect with it in different parts of my life. I feel like she’s only artist where I can see myself maturing at the same pace of her music.

GunninMan

I listened to it last night and couldn't even get thru each song without being completely bored. Her music is just getting progressively worse and worse for me. And the interlude was the most random thing… it literally doesn’t match the rest of the entire album, at least the parts of the songs I heard. I saw potential in a few but it’s still lacking severely for me. I was looking forward to this album based on the description of it, but listening to it was a hugeeeee let down.

Archived