💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Lana Del Rey - Blue Banisters (Discussion)

Opulence

Featured Posts

tomsches
23 hours ago, Glamourpuss said:

Off topic but what happened to the country album she was supposed to be doing with Nicki Lane? Has it been scrapped?

She was scared of the Santa Clarita fires 

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My God, I don't know what it is about that woman but I simply can't get enough. Each album surprises me. It's so personal! I love it!

JaysAMess

So I finally listened to it and omg I love it! It's still not on the same level as NFR, but it's far superior to Chemtrails. Her vocals in Dealer had me shook. :bradley:

13 hours ago, Aetheryte said:

From Chemtrails, I would choose:
- White Dress
- Chemtrails Over the Country Club
- Let Me Love You Like a Woman
- Wild at Heart
- Dark But Just a Game
- Yosemite

From Blue Banisters, I would choose:
- Text Book
- Arcadia
- Interlude - The Trio
- If You Lie Down With Me
- Thunder
- Nectar of the Gods
- Living Legends

This is my perfect White Hot Forever, my tracklist combining the best of both albums

1. White Dress
2. Chemtrails Over the Country Club
3. Arcadia
4. Tulsa Jesus Freak
5. Black Bathing Suit
6. If You Lie Down With Me
7. Let Me Love You Like a Woman
8. Dark But Just a Game
9. Dealer
10. Thunder
11. Not All Who Wander Are Lost
12. Nectar of the Gods
13. Yosemite
14. Dance Till We Die
15. Cherry Blossom
16. Sweet Carolina

Make it stupid!

liquidsunshine
11 hours ago, bestie said:

I don’t know how some of y’all are saying BB is better than Chemtrails

Must be crack. 

AURAOFSHEISSE

Top 4 Lana albums for me, it’s rlly good take out the singles and it’s immaculate. I feel like it’s rlly experimental in a way. So unique 

“Hands on your knees, I’m Angelina Jolie”

tomsches

I love the album. I think it’s amazing. The only problem I have with almost all of her albums is that they’re too long. Like, she could have easily gotten rid of 3-4 songs to make it perfect. Even Nfr is an incredible album but it would have been perfect if she had scrapped 3 songs (I’m not gonna say which ones cause I don’t want people to get mad). I just think many times there are a lot of songs on her albums that don’t add anything to the concept or don’t develop the concept further, sonically or lyrically. Regardless, I love the album. Blue Banisters is one of my all time favorite songs of hers 

luckyanderson
On 10/18/2021 at 6:44 AM, FameMonster01 said:

I also agree that everything after LFL hasn't been as good.

And this albums falls into that less good albums categories (NFR,COCC,BB) 

EXCUSE YOU?! We are NOT going to talk about Mrs. Norman Robbed from a Grammy Rockwell! 

La Rosalia
On 10/24/2021 at 5:47 AM, tomsches said:

I love the album. I think it’s amazing. The only problem I have with almost all of her albums is that they’re too long. Like, she could have easily gotten rid of 3-4 songs to make it perfect. Even Nfr is an incredible album but it would have been perfect if she had scrapped 3 songs (I’m not gonna say which ones cause I don’t want people to get mad). I just think many times there are a lot of songs on her albums that don’t add anything to the concept or don’t develop the concept further, sonically or lyrically. Regardless, I love the album. Blue Banisters is one of my all time favorite songs of hers 

I feel the exact same way, the main problem with this album is that some of the songs feel repetitive and made it longer than it should have. But other than that I love the record, I may like it even more with each listen.

luckyanderson

All I can say is, I feel like the songwriting on this album is so much clunkier than it needed to be particularly on songs like "Textbook" or "Blue Banisters." I do agree with the sentiment I saw shared by a couple of people here that "Wildflower Wildfire" is one of the best on the album and in her career. I personally prefer Chemtrails... "White Dress" and "Dance Til We Die" are two of my all-time favorites. 

She's at this weird point where she's growing as an artist but also not. I think it's good music but it's just not what I listen to anymore so I'm not the best judge tbh

PeachJug

I think this is my new favorite lana album, beating honeymoon!

0 skips for me. all tracks are amazing!!

RudraCNG

Can someone tell me if the booklet included in the album has the lyrics of the songs? Thank you very much in advance.

Archived