💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Why are GP so tolerant towards Adele?

GipJo

Featured Posts

The only adele songs i like are rumor has it and rolling in the deep id love for her to make more songs like that

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Economy

To some extent i feel like its because she became a symbol that u respect

She was not ur average stereotypically hot pop girl with sex sells strategies or controversy strategy when she got popular

She was a little overweight at the time when she first got famous, she was super classy with no shock value in her work to eye pop attention and tried to rely purely on the music and her voice for success without any of the other superficial stuff artists often rely on to try to gain attention to themselves

While it may be difficult to find success this way, if u do manage to clear the roadblocks, it actually ends up working in ur favour cuz u then become this highly respected figure to the point ppl look down on u if u criticize them

Its nothing but the truth

if any other artist (male or female) did the same every time, they would be accused of just playing safe

I love Adele music but honestly if has become so repetitive to the point that if you are not a fan, every song sounds like they belong on the same album, her “eras” have no distinction or personality apart from the name of the album (which is also repetitive)

Cameltoe Chariot

The mental gymnastics to belittle Adele’s success and to convince everyone she’s “basic” :ladyhaha:

Just let everyone enjoy her and listen to your own faves! The negativity in this thread is hilarious and sad :billie:

enissa11
1 hour ago, Original Diva said:

I genuinely think Gaga could pull an Adele and just recreate the A Star Is Born soundtrack over and over again, and the GP would eat it up everytime, if she really wanted to. I guess that goes to prove that Gaga isn't after just mainstream success anymore..?

and she did it not for her personal mainstream success in asib, but for what would fit better the movie and the story it tells, which is a love story dealing with heartbreak and loss, the same themes Adele usually touch, she did everything from the perspective of Ally as an actress, not Lady Gaga, and Ally and Lady gaga are very very different in so many ways.

Mad Architect of Light

enissa11
5 hours ago, Bonkers said:

Pop music is about being the epi-center of relevance.  On Trend.  Since trends and fashion change, a pop star like Lady Gaga has to constantly evolve.

Adele's music is about how it makes you feel which more timeless and exists outside trends.  It would be the same for Gaga if she had stayed in one timeless genre.

Lady Gaga exists outside trends lol, she doesn't change because she have to or she wants to stay relevant by hopping on what's current, she is a real artist and a visionary, she evolves in function what's true in her heart and it's always genuine no matter how theatrical it may be, she is the one that decides what would be the next thing, and she's also about what you feel, not only with her music but with the imagery, fashion and live performances.

Taylor Swift is a better example for what you tried to explain

Mad Architect of Light

ChicaSkas

Set Fire To The Rain and all its remixes are literal fire. I love her. I bootlegged her entire Staples center show. 

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

Bradley
6 hours ago, Original Diva said:

I genuinely think Gaga could pull an Adele and just recreate the A Star Is Born soundtrack over and over again, and the GP would eat it up everytime, if she really wanted to. I guess that goes to prove that Gaga isn't after just mainstream success anymore..?

I guess she could. But I also don't think she can't find immense success with pop music that could rival A Star Is Born. The Fame Monster and Born This Way happened, after all.

Given how almost the whole universe was Team Gaga after A Star Is Born, Chromatica was bound to succeed in unparalleled levels, if only she consistently promoted it. But we know the pandemic came and the rest is history.

Judging based on Love for Sale's commercial performance, (yes I know it's a jazz record and less mainstream) I'd say much of the hype has disappeared. She could still generate that kind of fever in the future but Interscope really needs to make sure their campaign is executed.

PunkTheFunk

I miss her sound on 19 and 21. Something about her felt more gritty and raw back then. I feel like she's been playing it safe since 25.

gypsy101
11 hours ago, ShayCristoforo said:

There is something to be said about how adored she is, for being a one trick pony.

She is a fantastic one trick pony, but still.
I honestly think it's because the GP always has their arms wide open for white crooners. 

what is her one trick? that she’s great at writing songs and singing them? how is that a trick?

mwjuell91
17 hours ago, Juniper said:

I love Adele. You can basically always tell it’s Adele just by listening to the killer bridge in any song of hers. She’s the master of delivering a bridge that makes your hair stand up just before she rips it off with that final chorus. 

Easy on me bridge is just stunning

SchwineLove
21 hours ago, GipJo said:

So another point to be made, since ballads about heartbreaking are easy to consume, why isn't there more Adele? I'm sure music industry can create many more like her if it's that easy, so what's her secret sauce besides this?

You basically answer your own question. Well Adele has that iconic ballad voice, and soothing songs too. Her voice isn't that showy, but confident enough for massive GP to listen to. Basically she's a perfect vessel to house that voice, because as a person she has that effortless personality and doesn't try hard. She's not a problematic person either. Basically everybody misses her after years of hiatus. Pop music has been too complex and artificial lately and I feel like this comeback is so healing, because it's just piano and vocal. That's why Gaga's ASIB is a big hit too, people miss simplicity but in good quality. Nowadays, people just don't have that good quality, and moreover that good personality. Adele and Gaga have those.

SchwineLove
13 hours ago, SEANGT said:

she tells a good story. I think Easy On Me is better than Hello. It's a beautiful song with a powerful message. You don't often get songs this vulnerable about what it's like to leave someone. It's always about being left. Also, her talent is incredible and her vocals are insane on this track. I think you built some unrealistic expectations. 

I know right? I think Hello is annoying as hell, but I love Easy On Me instantly.

ShayCristoforo
13 hours ago, gypsy101 said:

what is her one trick? that she’s great at writing songs and singing them? how is that a trick?

Her work is a lot more akin to a one trick pony than other artists (like Gaga). I also wasn’t bashing her. 

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

• Admin locked this topic

Archived