💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Why are GP so tolerant towards Adele?

GipJo

Featured Posts

boyerased

She’s easily digestible. Why would you hate her? There’s nothing polarizing and the music is always good, even if not great. She’s reliable. Part of her mystique now is coming out once in a while, and there’s this perception within the gp that Adele is synonymous with quality. It’s like Toyota. 

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First things first, Adele has a great and distinctive voice. I accept that lots of people will listen and say, no, that's not a great voice, but lots of other people, me for example, will say yes. Also, I think she was helped by being overweight and beautiful at the same time. I think people found that appealing, and then they heard her interviewed and when they added it all up they decided, yeah, I like this girl. 

22 minutes ago, Melancholia said:

i don't think it's a surprise that her most complicated songs lyrically (river lea, i miss you, tired, can't let go etc.) are her least successful ones, and the ones with the very simple messages (someone like you, make you feel my love, chasing pavements) are the biggest.

the least successful are album tracks, and the biggest ones were singles? :poot:

RAMROD

Not everyone had to change and evolve. She is definitely not the type that have to do that. She never once sells extravagant image and gimmicks. Her deal is something relatable and lovey dovey. She finds crowds in these. So why not? Doing 180 can always backfire on her also, cos her listeners are most likely people who are not into glitzy things?? :shrug:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

edengowon
8 minutes ago, weed said:

the least successful are album tracks, and the biggest ones were singles? :poot:

well no, because some album tracks (don't you remember, remedy, all i ask etc.) have pretty significant gp recognition, and some singles (cold shoulder, turning tables etc.) have significantly less success than her other singles. it isn't really a rule with her that her singles are big and her album tracks aren't.

the artist formerly known as melancholia

hieronymus

Jesus Christ. Why are this thread title and your posts dripping with disdain

"Ooh I'm not trying to flamebait but it's just my opinion that she's trash"

Dude, chill. She's not trying to take your home. Leave well enough alone.

I love Adele. You can basically always tell it’s Adele just by listening to the killer bridge in any song of hers. She’s the master of delivering a bridge that makes your hair stand up just before she rips it off with that final chorus. 

androiduser

Because she does classic ballads, so even if her music is basically always the same, it's still a classic sound that doesn't age

Glamourpuss

The GP aren't fans of anything camp or theatrical. They like music you can play in the background and don't really care for the same things we like about pop music. The GP loves vanilla pop music. And that's not shade because vanilla is popular for a reason because it's a flavour we can all fall back on when we're not on the mood for anything else. 

Glamourpuss

I hope she moves away from ballads eventually to explore something new. I think she could be successful with an upbeat grown up sounding disco album like Jessie Ware's 'What's Your Pleasure?' 

This is only her 3rd album since she became huge in 2011. It's really simple, she doesn't put out singles and albums every year, which helps. And her music is genuinely good. However yeah her lead single is giving us nothing new, and if the whole album is like that I can see her finally declining a bit, but yeah both 21 and 25 were monumental and she hasn't done anything else, so why would people get bored/drop her? 

She's like the Celine Dion of today, except she writes her songs. Celine sold lots of records in the 90s by being down to earth and not being bothered by the music industry and all its drama.

I think there are very very few artists or even people today that will consciously remain famous just for their music and not be involved in any drama or social media. Then totally disappear when they have no new music. Also not do a single endorsement of ANY product. So I respect her for that. 

Meryl Streep once said that actors shouldn't do all those endorsement bullshit and be in the public eye all the time, because then you're giving too much of yourself away. There's def an interest in mustique.

Tinnitus15

How many threads like this?Adele is the music industry and that’s a fact,for many reasons..I feel like some of you are kind of jealous,gaga’s not that huge in terms of sales..She really deserves the fame so who cares why?

Agunimon

Because she is a contemporary artist who happens to be popular. She doesn't make pop music. It's not required of her to change to be relevant to chart high and have extravagant marketing campaigns. I hope one day Gaga becomes a contemporary artist tbh.

• Admin locked this topic

Archived