Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Why are GP so tolerant towards Adele?

GipJo

Featured Posts

StrawberryBlond

I don't know but it's getting really tiresome now. We need to stop with the double standards and stop policing pop girls for not switching it up with every album or daring to release a single that sounds like a retread of an earlier hit if we let Adele do it without comment. It's like Groundhog Day listening to her music. Thing is, she has no incentive to change because she always sells, so that translates as "I must be doing something right." When everyone automatically eats up whatever you put out, how will you even know if you your output is genuinely good anymore?

On 10/15/2021 at 6:27 PM, CameltoeKween said:

I just wanna know why so many of you measure worth and talent on how many times an artist can completely reinvent themselves?

So many of you complain that she “always puts out the same music” but that is the most basic and borderline offensive assessment of her catalogue. She makes timeless music that uses physical instruments and writes incredible lyrics that tell the story of her life. People have fallen in love with Adele and her voice, and have literally followed along with her as she has lived, had her heart broken and given birth to her son. That’s absolute magic, and no one else does it like she does.

And if that doesn’t do it for you, that’s fine! But the fact that this clearly enrages some of you enough to try to convince other people she’s not that great is embarrassing. Go listen to your hyperpop or whatever and let the rest of us enjoy the return of our old friend Adele.

:madge:

It's not that we're saying someone who can't reinvent is talentless, just that their capabilities as an artist are minimal. It doesn't matter if a song is timeless, if it sounds just like everything you've ever made and is boring, then what does it matter if it can be played in any time period? Timeless is, by definition, simple, because over-extravagance is when personal taste affects what you think of it. And I'm not a fan of art that is simple. It should command attention, it should shake you up, it shouldn't be in the background. And there are loads of artists who do what she does, she's just the most famous one who does it. I can't tell you how many songs I've heard that sound like Easy On Me over the years yet they haven't reached this dizzying success and most don't even know they exist. I want to know why she gets all the attention when there are others just as deserving and why we haven't discovered them. And don't assume those who don't like her are just into dancey pop, I listen to all genres, I review all genres, I can appreciate all genres. And that's the reason why I know Adele isn't the best balladeer out there because I've heard better. I don't know why the public hasn't discovered similar artists to Adele by this time and moved on because these basic ballads shouldn't still be holding the public's interest after all this time when music that is far more exciting has bored them in the same timeframe.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cameltoe Chariot
23 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I don't know but it's getting really tiresome now. We need to stop with the double standards and stop policing pop girls for not switching it up with every album or daring to release a single that sounds like a retread of an earlier hit if we let Adele do it without comment. It's like Groundhog Day listening to her music. Thing is, she has no incentive to change because she always sells, so that translates as "I must be doing something right." When everyone automatically eats up whatever you put out, how will you even know if you your output is genuinely good anymore?

It's not that we're saying someone who can't reinvent is talentless, just that their capabilities as an artist are minimal. It doesn't matter if a song is timeless, if it sounds just like everything you've ever made and is boring, then what does it matter if it can be played in any time period? Timeless is, by definition, simple, because over-extravagance is when personal taste affects what you think of it. And I'm not a fan of art that is simple. It should command attention, it should shake you up, it shouldn't be in the background. And there are loads of artists who do what she does, she's just the most famous one who does it. I can't tell you how many songs I've heard that sound like Easy On Me over the years yet they haven't reached this dizzying success and most don't even know they exist. I want to know why she gets all the attention when there are others just as deserving and why we haven't discovered them. And don't assume those who don't like her are just into dancey pop, I listen to all genres, I review all genres, I can appreciate all genres. And that's the reason why I know Adele isn't the best balladeer out there because I've heard better. I don't know why the public hasn't discovered similar artists to Adele by this time and moved on because these basic ballads shouldn't still be holding the public's interest after all this time when music that is far more exciting has bored them in the same timeframe.

tiffany pollard GIF by RealityTVGIFs

Just go listen to something else then, instead of writing a dissertation on why you don’t like Adele :awkney:

She clearly captivates and inspires a massive audience, it isn’t a fluke and people aren’t celebrating mediocrity. The fact that it bothers you enough to write that essay is low key hilarious.

And don’t even get me started on you complaining about how all her music supposedly sounds the same when you have a Lana Del Rey user pic :ladyhaha:

Chromatican

I have no idea. And the fact that the Adele fans can’t handle any criticism is not helping. 

Chromatican
47 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Thanks for saying this. I’m getting tired of people saying her music is timeless. It’s such an empty praise. There are tons of artists doing piano ballads, and they don’t get the same praise. Adele’s whole appeal seems to be propping her up as real music and looking down on everyone else. 

RAMROD

So funny when people denies that Adele's songs are timeless, but yet, you can hear it every damn time, even in some small random cafes or malls, and that people kept singing it on talent shows :billie:

Also all of you who thinks Adele is doing the "better than everyone else cos she does high brow music" need to check yourself. Your bitter envy is showing, since Adele never once approach that kind of image. She is as down to Earth as down to Earth can be. What kind of messy accusations :billie:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

ItWasntLaauv

She’s just very palatable for everyone, whether you like fast, wild pop songs or prefer slower, more conservative tunes, she just lets her music speak for itself without having a controversial visual shtick and it just really works for her career. I also think her past successes help fuel her current ones as well. It’s a perfect mix of timing, consistency, and talent.

Because Adele's voice is the voice of this generation and the GP will (rightfully) respect and support anything she sings, because she could sing Happy Birthday and it would be mesmerizing to listen to. 

Don't Call Me Gaga

3 hours ago, CameltoeKween said:

And don’t even get me started on you complaining about how all her music supposedly sounds the same when you have a Lana Del Rey user pic 

nene leakes laughing GIF by I Dream of NeNe: The Wedding

Don't Call Me Gaga

On 10/15/2021 at 2:10 AM, GipJo said:

why are GP so tolorant towards Adele, when she releases the same tune over and over and over again?

No, it's not the same tune over and over. Adele writes about her life. Her LIFE has changed... 19/21/25/30. She grew up! 🙂

The GP loves Adele because her ballads are emotionally HONEST and RELATABLE. Isn't that what pop music is all about?? 

Why would she change for the sake of change?? This is her comfort zone. This is what she does best... whether you like it or not. 

LOVE songs are very relatable. She fell in love. She fell out of love. Millions of women (and men) can relate to her lyrics.

And why would the GP be sick of Adele? 25 is 11 times (!) Platinum - and 30 is her first album in 6 YEARS! They're starving for new music! 🙂

she/her/hers

MelbHawker

Adele’s first 3 albums all sound similar - why is it a negative thing for this song so sound similar to previous songs? Her sound is so universal & simple, her lyrics and melodies are honest, emotive & her music connects to the masses in a way that none of her contemporaries does. It’s timeless, it’s relatable & her vocals are always so captivating & rich. Why should the masses tire of this? It baffles me that people think so & criticize her for this. 

Wow at they gays that ARE SO MAD that Adele isn’t doing generic rap pop with choreo in her videos. What Adele does is Quality- with real vocals and instruments. Real emotion that thE GP can easily attach to. Her voice is extremely recognizable and she is a great singer .WHY ARE SOME OF YOU SO MAD? Did y’all expect Etta James, Patsy Cline, Norah Jones and countless other female Vocalist/songwriters to titillate your Choreo  “bop” needs? EXPAND YOUR HORIZONS! 

SpadesToStart

Ok but OP told no lies about Easy On Me. Listened last night for the first time. The song is fine, but it’s not even in the same league as Hello, RITD, or Someone Like You.

She’s got a Goldfrapp style dance song, a 7 minute cinematic album ender and other non ballads in her album. Why are we so caught up with the first song as if it’s the only song she’s releasing this era. I’m presuming this song is a bridge to the rest of the album. 

• Admin locked this topic

Archived