💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Why are GP so tolerant towards Adele?

GipJo

Featured Posts

PlasticHo
7 hours ago, Melancholia said:

i adore adele. 25 is one of my favourite albums of all time and she's one of the only artists who has followed me for so many years. however... she's like fast food. she's an amazing vocalist and an amazing songwriter, but her music is very easy to digest, very easy to relate to and very uncomplicated. i don't think it's a surprise that her most complicated songs lyrically (river lea, i miss you, tired, can't let go etc.) are her least successful ones, and the ones with the very simple messages (someone like you, make you feel my love, chasing pavements) are the biggest.

River Lea and I miss you are like top 5 for me!! I agree with you why they aren't huge.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, GipJo said:

Basically this, this is not a flame post, just curiosity, why are GP so tolorant towards Adele, when she releases the same tune over and over and over again?

It intrigues me that GP never be that tolorant towards other popular female artists who stayed the same, their popularity would plump and they would flop unless they change, why is that?

Easy On Me for me is a huge disappointment, not only it's the same sound she had all those years, but it's also a down grade compares to 25, let alone 21/19. The vocal got worse, the songwriting got boring af, the production is average if not below average.

If she releases a record with songs like this, will she still be the GP darling like she always be?

I agree that her voice is not the same as it was on 21. 21 was her peak vocally.And I think that her going into her head voice so much on EOM is not pleasing. 

see this performance of SLY, for example, i think she sounds better with her full chest voice used in the choruses:

8 hours ago, GipJo said:

Basically this, this is not a flame post, just curiosity, why are GP so tolorant towards Adele, when she releases the same tune over and over and over again?

It intrigues me that GP never be that tolorant towards other popular female artists who stayed the same, their popularity would plump and they would flop unless they change, why is that?

Easy On Me for me is a huge disappointment, not only it's the same sound she had all those years, but it's also a down grade compares to 25, let alone 21/19. The vocal got worse, the songwriting got boring af, the production is average if not below average.

If she releases a record with songs like this, will she still be the GP darling like she always be?

she tells a good story. I think Easy On Me is better than Hello. It's a beautiful song with a powerful message. You don't often get songs this vulnerable about what it's like to leave someone. It's always about being left. Also, her talent is incredible and her vocals are insane on this track. I think you built some unrealistic expectations. 

ShayCristoforo

There is something to be said about how adored she is, for being a one trick pony.

She is a fantastic one trick pony, but still.
I honestly think it's because the GP always has their arms wide open for white crooners. 

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

Ororo Munroe

she’s just a great choice for everyone imo. parents would love their kids rather listen to Adele than to artists like Gaga or Rihanna. plus, she’s relatable - when people go through a heartbreak they listen to Adele. she rarely speaks about any issues so a lot of people don’t feel threatened by her. she just does cute pop ballads that people love and don’t go deep into anything. 

I was thinkin' 'bout making a comeback, back to me

FfFfFfFF

She's a universally appealing, non-polarising figure with great music. Everybody can relate to her ballads in one way.

Adele is my fellow cockney queen, her new debut isn't anything new, but did it need to be? If it aint broke, don't fix it! :heart:

gagawaffles

Because she’s good, and a classic? Like a vanilla ice cream. Everyone knows and likes vanilla. Now is it your favorite? No 

salty like sodium
10 hours ago, GipJo said:

The GP is full of basic people who like their music like they like their food: unsurprising, comfortable and familiar. :kiss: It's still a great Adele song imo, it's just not very adventurous or risk-taking, which is also why it's a guaranteed crowd-pleasure, at least until the collective mind changes their mind on Adele being an "amazing, generation-defining" singer.

RichAssPiss

Four quadrant, lowest common denominator, nothing queer or POC about her. She's the Disney of pop girls.

4 hours ago, VasilisVas said:

Really?? I thought she performed it quite a bit. :koons:

I mean, there's a lot of performances if you count the JWT & Enigma, but there was like 5 or 10 (max) TV performances overall.

The only singles that she had promoted less than MR at the time were PI and G.U.Y.

Original Diva
12 hours ago, Bradley said:

This. I mean the GP would eat up emotional ballads. Million Reasons has one of the most simplistic videos but it has like 276 million views when a beautiful video like 911 has 60 million. Stupid Love has 140 million.

Gaga also benefited from this tendency of the GP, just look at A Star Is Born. She literally won 4 Grammys from that album alone.

I genuinely think Gaga could pull an Adele and just recreate the A Star Is Born soundtrack over and over again, and the GP would eat it up everytime, if she really wanted to. I guess that goes to prove that Gaga isn't after just mainstream success anymore..?

excuse me no

• Admin locked this topic

Archived