life

Gaga: New Outfits and setlist changes, Jazz & Piano show

Patriziaa Reggiani

Featured Posts

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, LaLa said:

Every time we get videos from Vegas people go nuts saying her voice is declining. Then we get videos of proper performances and it's all "phew, her voice is back!!!".... it's the cellphone-quality recordings posted to twitter that are the problem here guys. People who go to the shows in person say her voice is great

that's not true, she has the same vocal problems in all the professionaly recorded performances just like the "PoTaTo quality" ones. just watch shallow at the oscars, grammys, the vmas live. and keep in mind that most of her recent HQ performances are all heavily pitch corrected.

7 hours ago, HuffsAhoy said:

It doesn't fit their anti-Gaga narrative :billie: They're like the Little Monster version of Faux News 

so we have to pretend that she sounds "better than ever" (when she's OBJECTIVELY doesn't) or we're not real fans? interesting  :billie:

listen to this and then say you really believe that she never sounded better than yesterday pls

SharGaga

The straining started when the Enigma started in 2018 but lets be honest she sounds less than perfect during the last 2 songs because this is her first live show in almost 2 years and she's constantly moving around and dancing and talking. Its only natural that her voice was worn out during the sustained high notes. Also she's 35 and lets face it a lot of popular singers had their vocal decline by this point but they could still sing amazing. She sings 100% live and she's not going to sound perfect all the time. And as far as smoking goes. If she indeed is still smoking I'm hopeful her voice will get better when she eventually stops smoking again.

G U C C I
46 minutes ago, zino said:

so we have to pretend that she sounds "better than ever" (when she's OBJECTIVELY doesn't) or we're not real fans? interesting  :billie:

listen to this and then say you really believe that she never sounded better than yesterday pls

The JWT and the ASIB soundtrack were peak Gaga vocals. For whatever reason she sounded like a literal angel and the recordings from those shows and the movie are her best to date and unfortunately still are. I think she sounds wonderful in 90% of the J&P show that I’ve seen videos of but considering she doesn’t seem to be in the fighting shape vocally she has been in the past it does make you wonder if it’s something causing a decline in her voice or if it’s due to her not rigorously singing day in and day out to have it back in that condition. 

Jennie Kim

Her tone was never the same after 2012-2013, her voice sounded healthy, fresh and young, there was a lightness to it. If you listen to You and I and Born this Way during the last leg of the Monster Ball and then listen to recent versions it sounds like a different singer. We got a few glimpses of it up to 2015.

Her voice was still healthy during the JWT, but it was lowered, and lost elasticity with age, drinking and smoking habits. Then her vocal delivered changed to hoarse, crow vocals and her singing like she has a boiled egg stuck in her throat most of the time. 

Magical.

1 hour ago, Jennie Kim said:

Her tone was never the same after 2012-2013, her voice sounded healthy, fresh and young, there was a lightness to it. If you listen to You and I and Born this Way during the last leg of the Monster Ball and then listen to recent versions it sounds like a different singer. We got a few glimpses of it up to 2015.

Her voice was still healthy during the JWT, but it was lowered, and lost elasticity with age, drinking and smoking habits. Then her vocal delivered changed to hoarse, crow vocals and her singing like she has a boiled egg stuck in her throat most of the time. 

Magical.

I have no musical training, so I confine myself to saying that I think she doesn't sound as good as she used to. You have gone further than that. May I ask you, do you have musical training, or in what way are you qualified to make the observations that you've made ? Please feel free to ignore the question.

KarmaPolice

Unfortunately, as a singer myself, she's really loosing her vocal abilities.

As many people said, the JWT and the recording of ASIB was truly her peak. She really was at the top of her game and everyone else's. With the stress she went trough on 2018-2019, the recoring of chromatica, love for sale, filming of house of gucci and smoking, her voice really suffered a lot.

Objectively she sounds strained, she doesn't have her usual stamina and her throat is super closed and tight. In the westfield video she did sounded really good but not as good as her peak. Her high notes are positioned too far behind, she hasn't got her usual resonace and that tight throat always cuts her off because if she would keep going she would crack.

In vegas she sounds even worst than before and it could be for a lot of reasons: alcol, air conditioners (they literally kill your throat) and maybe she doesn't like performing that much anymore. I don't know, but it's not about the potato recording quality or everything else. It's her voice.

Der Meister
1 hour ago, KarmaPolice said:

Unfortunately, as a singer myself, she's really loosing her vocal abilities.

As many people said, the JWT and the recording of ASIB was truly her peak. She really was at the top of her game and everyone else's. With the stress she went trough on 2018-2019, the recoring of chromatica, love for sale, filming of house of gucci and smoking, her voice really suffered a lot.

Objectively she sounds strained, she doesn't have her usual stamina and her throat is super closed and tight. In the westfield video she did sounded really good but not as good as her peak. Her high notes are positioned too far behind, she hasn't got her usual resonace and that tight throat always cuts her off because if she would keep going she would crack.

In vegas she sounds even worst than before and it could be for a lot of reasons: alcol, air conditioners (they literally kill your throat) and maybe she doesn't like performing that much anymore. I don't know, but it's not about the potato recording quality or everything else. It's her voice.

We can see the fk up when she sits down at the piano, she doesn't have the stamina to sing anymore like she used to, she runs out of breath very often. It's tragic. Normal listeners won't be able to notice these things, but for us who have been following her for 10+ years we can see the clear difference.

For example, she can't even sing Bad Romance on a piano anymore (I marked the timestamp):

It breaks my heart. I feel like somebody did a witchcraft to steal her voice!

Lextyr97
47 minutes ago, Der Meister said:

We can see the fk up when she sits down at the piano, she doesn't have the stamina to sing anymore like she used to, she runs out of breath very often. It's tragic. Normal listeners won't be able to notice these things, but for us who have been following her for 10+ years we can see the clear difference.

For example, she can't even sing Bad Romance on a piano anymore (I marked the timestamp):

It breaks my heart. I feel like somebody did a witchcraft to steal her voice!

This made me so upset :messga: But whatever, if people still like how she sings, then more power to them and her. 

HuffsAhoy
2 minutes ago, TylerBR97 said:

This made me so upset :messga: But whatever, if people still like how she sings, then more power to them and her. 

On the plus side, at least those of us who don't believe this fake news won't have to compete with you when it comes time to buy tickets for a concert. I assume since you and a few others despise her "ruined, trashy, voice" now, you won't be wasting your money on a ticket :vegas:

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.

KarmaPolice
1 minute ago, HuffsAhoy said:

On the plus side, at least those of us who don't believe this fake news won't have to compete with you when it comes time to buy tickets for a concert. I assume since you and a few others despise her "ruined, trashy, voice" now, you won't be wasting your money on a ticket :vegas:

Why so salty? It's not fake news or a conspiracy. It's obvious, there's not much to discuss

Lextyr97
Just now, HuffsAhoy said:

Girl you’re in denial and being dramatic. Her voice is still fine enough to the point where I think she sounds much better in Enigma than Jazz and Piano but you are straight up lying to yourself if you think her voice is in good shape. She did not sound good at Jazz and Piano. She legit did not. She had MOMENTS where she sounded good, great even, but like anytime she goes for a high note
. The La Vie En Rose? Yeah no. Maybe she hasn’t been warming up or something, I don’t know

HuffsAhoy
6 hours ago, zino said:

Let's just say that I do not recognize any disparaging opinion of Lady Gaga has valid. You're free to have them, for sure, but you won't be respected by me.  

HuffsAhoy
1 minute ago, TylerBR97 said:

Girl you’re in denial and being dramatic. Her voice is still fine enough to the point where I think she sounds much better in Enigma than Jazz and Piano but you are straight up lying to yourself if you think her voice is in good shape. She did not sound good at Jazz and Piano. She legit did not. She had MOMENTS where she sounded good, great even, but like anytime she goes for a high note
. The La Vie En Rose? Yeah no. Maybe she hasn’t been warming up or something, I don’t know

I'm being dramatic? I am not the one running around this thread claiming her voice has been ruined forever based off a few Twitter vids from the first live show she's done in over a year :lmao:

Archived