💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

(nvm it’s back) Addison Rae permabanned from TikTok

StarstruckIllusion

Featured Posts

Bonkers

I'm enjoying this surprise hit thread.

The only time it's edgy to pretend "not to know her" is when it's like Mariah Carey talking about J-Lo.

In this case it was just people with a passing curiosity of why it's news she was banned because they literally do not know who she is.  The reason they didn't run to google to "educate themselves" (:toofunny:) is because they also don't really care.

When you think your experience of life is the universal experience for everyone, that's something you need to work on because TikTok celebrities are not actually celebrities to most people and it's actually funny to think that people would try to be relevant or edgy by not knowing who one was.  

Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oriane
21 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

I'm enjoying this surprise hit thread.

The only time it's edgy to pretend "not to know her" is when it's like Mariah Carey talking about J-Lo.

In this case it was just people with a passing curiosity of why it's news she was banned because they literally do not know who she is.  The reason they didn't run to google to "educate themselves" (:toofunny:) is because they also don't really care.

When you think your experience of life is the universal experience for everyone, that's something you need to work on because TikTok celebrities are not actually celebrities to most people and it's actually funny to think that people would try to be relevant or edgy by not knowing who one was.  

I think we're getting into a new kind of celebrity culture with social media influencers. People who are famous because they're artists for example, are talked about everywhere, in media or popular culture. Even if you've never watched a movie with Brad Pitt, you know him. But these social media influencers, I rarely hear about them outside of said social media. It's a weird kind of new culture, where it seems that you either know the person because you follow them, or you don't know them at all.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

Teletubby
1 hour ago, pachinko said:

So who is she and what she do?

our next MPG, @dojo can confirm 

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

StarstruckIllusion

apparently she got banned bc of this idk. it’s just a guess  how weird

• StarstruckIllusion changed the title to (nvm it’s back) Addison Rae permabanned from TikTok
Oriane
2 minutes ago, StarstruckIllusion said:

It says multiple violations so I guess she did many things. I don't know what's inappropriate about that though, isn't it the type of content that TikTok is filled with?

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

Teletubby
2 minutes ago, Oriane said:

It says multiple violations so I guess she did many things. I don't know what's inappropriate about that though, isn't it the type of content that TikTok is filled with?

she probably got mass reported

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

Bonkers
21 minutes ago, StarstruckIllusion said:

it's wrong to pass a skinny butt off as a luscious bubble butt, but to be banned for it?  That's body shaming. :saladga:

Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates

PartySick
25 minutes ago, StarstruckIllusion said:

also it’s back 

"Largely responsible for the mainstreaming of TikTok"

How can this be true when everyone here has heard of TikTok but less than half of us know who she is? :flop:

Chile, let me go back to my basement

Wrong Turn Oops GIF

🖤

Ororo Munroe
54 minutes ago, Oriane said:

I think we're getting into a new kind of celebrity culture with social media influencers. People who are famous because they're artists for example, are talked about everywhere, in media or popular culture. Even if you've never watched a movie with Brad Pitt, you know him. But these social media influencers, I rarely hear about them outside of said social media. It's a weird kind of new culture, where it seems that you either know the person because you follow them, or you don't know them at all.

this is so true. it’s weird to think that even my parents would know people like Miley Cyrus or Taylor Swift (who’s not a big artist my country), but today if you’re not into tiktok (like in this case) you have no idea who are these people with literally millions of followers! 

Mistress of the Elements ⚡️

Ororo Munroe
2 minutes ago, PartySick said:

"Largely responsible for the mainstreaming of TikTok"

How can this be true when everyone here has heard of TikTok but less than half of us know who she is? :flop:

Chile, let me go back to my basement

Wrong Turn Oops GIF

how I see you tapping this comment:

a40.gif

1 hour ago, NicoB said:

I don't care about Addison Rae (I even thought that she was the same person as Madison beer) in the same way I don't care abou TikTok. But if you "dont know" or"don't care" why are you even here asking who she is? If you really wanted to know who she is you could google. The fact that you're only asking who she is just to act like "the superior entity who doesn't care about gen z culture", then just disappear from the thread. There's plenty others. No one is obligated to know every single thing, but you don't need to come to teen-directed threads to act as if you were some kind of middle-aged twitter dude trying to be edgy:ohwell:

"Teen directed thread" 

I don't think it's that big of an issue. Addison is big on TikTok and only recently was in a Netflix movie. Of course she's not well known. 

britney spears smile GIF

Don't visit my profile

Ororo Munroe
2 minutes ago, PartySick said:

I'm on my phone :partysick:

old-man-cellphone-swipe.gif

I hope you don’t use your phone while walking, because

200w.gif 

Archived