💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Coldplay Reveals Detailed Touring Sustainability Initiatives

salty like sodium

Featured Posts

salty like sodium

So Coldplay has finally published their new touring plans in full and it really makes me want to stan them/stream their new album. This feels like a huge deal given how famous the band is, so I'm hoping other big touring artists will follow suit, like Gaga, Taylor or Beyoncé. What does everyone else think?

You can read their plans below.

https://sustainability.coldplay.com/?eml=2021October14%2F5490657%2F6223346&etsubid=246183566

• salty like sodium changed the title to Coldplay Reveals Detailed Touring Sustainability Initiatives
jimmytimestep
5 minutes ago, POP2 said:

Asked my brother to reschedule his wedding because it falls on the same day as my show:noparty:

...go see them in a different city?

OT: Good for Coldplay! I think some of it seems little gimmicky but honestly the awareness is refreshing

6 minutes ago, jimmytimestep said:

OT: Good for Coldplay! I think some of it seems little gimmicky but honestly the awareness is refreshing

I mean it’s not really easy to just pick up and go to another city lol

Americas Got Talent Reaction GIF by Top Talent

salty like sodium
8 minutes ago, jimmytimestep said:

Who cares whether it's gimmicky as long as it saves the planet? :oops: If every tour did this global emissions would definitely be impacted given the carbon footprint of world tours.

jimmytimestep
19 minutes ago, POP2 said:

I mean it’s not really easy to just pick up and go to another city lol

Americas Got Talent Reaction GIF by Top Talent

neither is rescheduling a wedding

Anderson123
1 hour ago, POP2 said:

Asked my brother to reschedule his wedding because it falls on the same day as my show:noparty:

Ask Chris Martin to reschedule the next day.

RAMROD

Unless every countries already have or begin to develop/invest in these green energy tech, this will only limit places that this band will visit for their tour if that is what they will require in their tour request.

Which means all of their fans in poorer countries, good luck on seeing them for few long years, unless you travel abroad by planes, Which also gonna beat the purpose this green movement of theirs. But not sure if they care, so long it is not them who doing it, I guess?

So, while this is good, but I don't think this is doable yet for many places. 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

salty like sodium
37 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Unless every countries already have or begin to develop/invest in these green energy tech, this will only limit places that this band will visit for their tour if that is what they will require in their tour request.

Which means all of their fans in poorer countries, good luck on seeing them for few long years, unless you travel abroad by planes, Which also gonna beat the purpose this green movement of theirs. But not sure if they care, so long it is not them who doing it, I guess?

So, while this is good, but I don't think this is doable yet for many places. 

You should really read the full information they have provided to see what they are specifying ... Very little of this will have an impact on the actual venues. Also, any venue that could usually cater to a Coldplay show would definitely be able to gain access to these technologies ... Furthermore, from the looks of it they will be providing a lot of the technology themselves, and bringing it along with them. Also Big stadium tours tend to not go to poorer countries anyways? :huntyga: Like when was the Last Time Taylor Swift performed in a country that was not a first-world country. And also they are incentivising fans to travel with carbon-light emissions by using an app that will recommend the most sustainable way for them to attend their show. 

It's absolutely doable for many places, it's just a lot more expensive to do than what most artists/venues are willing to do, so they are being trailblazers by pioneering a new, green way of touring. Something as simple as partnering with food banks to donate surplus food should ALREADY be standard practice for all arena concerts ...

Archived