opinion

wich songs were CULTURE RESETS?

Dojo

Featured Posts

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Marges said:

Idk if you still need a boyband but maybe the Backstreet Boys or NSYNC?

Hi. We added them :sis:

1 minute ago, dojo said:

Hi. We added them :sis:

Ah great. Tbf I read the first 7 or 8 pages and was too lazy :billie:

BabyGurlEatsGLizzy

i would say Gimme More + Piece Of Me by Britney Spears . like bro they made fun of her but yet proceeded to copy her 2007 album until u atleast heard 1 song thats similar example :"Get Back" - "Maneater" by nnelly furtado 

i would also say ARTPOP but thats more of a Fail than a hit like bro Gypsy and Sexxx Dreams are the only 2 positively received non-single songs when they were released of course the album has had a resurgence and critics rate the album positively now (AS IT SHOULDVE BEEN SINCE 2013), she retried it with Dawn of Chromatica but it was average , didnt do much .

Melodrama entirely lmao , Lorde really destroyed us with this album , 

4 minutes ago, BabyGurlEatsGLizzy said:

i would say Gimme More + Piece Of Me by Britney Spears . like bro they made fun of her but yet proceeded to copy her 2007 album until u atleast heard 1 song thats similar example :"Get Back" - "Maneater" by nnelly furtado 

i would also say ARTPOP but thats more of a Fail than a hit like bro Gypsy and Sexxx Dreams are the only 2 positively received non-single songs when they were released of course the album has had a resurgence and critics rate the album positively now (AS IT SHOULDVE BEEN SINCE 2013), she retried it with Dawn of Chromatica but it was average , didnt do much .

Melodrama entirely lmao , Lorde really destroyed us with this album , 

Aww GIF by Tinashe

none of those are culture resets according to our sis Normani 

JusKeepBreathin

Daddy Yankee - Gasolina 

Ricky Martin - Cup of Life at the Grammys. It got his duet with Madonna on his debut English album. He reignited the Latino crossovers like Shakira and Enrique Iglesias and probably influenced artists like Christina to record in Spanish. And he was the first artist to turn the World Cup song into a global event.

Ricky Martin and Jennifer Lopez and Wisin's track Adrelanina was one of the first time huge Latino pop stars were worked with reggeatton artists. Opened the door for songs like Despacito.

Madonna - Like a Prayer music video - showcasing some of what black men go through in the US. 

Janet Jackson - Rhythm Nation - self explanatory.

Missy Elliott debut album turned rap on it's head. She was so far ahead of her time. 

Mariah Carey - Fantasy featuring ODB was the first or one of the first times a rapper was featured on a pop song. 

No Doubt- I'm just a Girl. Ushered in a girl power punk era. 

Gaga - Paparazzi MTV performance.

Britney - I'm a Slave For  You MTV performance. 

Christina Aguilera - long platinum blonde hair and her video for Fighter actually pretty much every video on Stripped was a cultural reset. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Bad Romance

Lady Marmalade 2001

Stan

Candle in the wind

Wannabe

Like a prayer

I will always love you

Baby one more time

Thriller

Bohemian Rhapsody

Staying Alive

Help!