Dojo

Featured Posts

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HuffsAhoy
Just now, dojo said:

You agree right? w the culture reset term

I think Like a Prayer is more of a cultural reset than Like a Virgin, but I can see where you all are coming from. At the time it was risque. Even my mom's dad forced her to return a cassette tape of Like a Virgin she bought at the store :sharon:

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.

1 minute ago, HuffsAhoy said:

I think Like a Prayer is more of a cultural reset than Like a Virgin, but I can see where you all are coming from. At the time it was risque. Even my mom's dad forced her to return a cassette tape of Like a Virgin she bought at the store :sharon:

yes we actually should add like a prayer. 

1 minute ago, Chuckles said:

Hung Up by Madonna (disco/dance)

and

Hold It Against Me by Britney (dubstep)

was madonna's hung up a culture reset? did others follow the trend that she started in 2006 and a boom of disco songs popped after it? Like Blinding Lights did im 2019? No.

Chuckles
42 minutes ago, dojo said:

was madonna's hung up a culture reset? did others follow the trend that she started in 2006 and a boom of disco songs popped after it? Like Blinding Lights did im 2019? No.

COTDF was also an edm infused record, but I get your point. Can you DM the playlist link? I want to listen but it’s not loading on the mobile app. Also thanks for setting this one up :pawsup:

Idk if anyone has mentioned SOPHIE, but her single BIPP (2013) was def what shaped hyperpop trends of today 

Starmie25
26 minutes ago, FentyGa said:

brought in the EDM trend, iconic and controversial music video

I feel like it was more "When Love Takes Over" (Guetta) since that was huge in europe/AUS 

Also controversial? 

Habits (Stay High) by Swedish pop star Tove Lo, brought nostalgic, sad electro pop music to its peak. Its visual too are iconic!

FentyGa
6 hours ago, Staryu17 said:

I feel like it was more "When Love Takes Over" (Guetta) since that was huge in europe/AUS 

Also controversial? 

that was moreso during the dance pop revival 2008-2011, then EDM/dubstep became more of a thing with huge beat drops and more experimental production for a couple years

Language by Porter Robinson I believe changed EDM at the time and was a trailblazer for dance music (not sure how many here would be familiar) the whole worlds album too

Teletubby

Mariah's "Fantasy" - the first song by a female artis to debut atop the Billboard Hot 100
The remix for the song features rap verses from Ol' Dirty Bastard, something Carey arranged to assist in her crossover into the hip-hop market and credited for introducing R&B and hip hop collaboration into mainstream pop culture, and for popularizing rap as a featuring act.

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

13 minutes ago, Oyster said:

Language by Porter Robinson I believe changed EDM at the time and was a trailblazer for dance music (not sure how many here would be familiar) the whole worlds album too

added to my playlist thank you so much.

4 minutes ago, Teletubby said:

Mariah's "Fantasy" - the first song by a female artis to debut atop the Billboard Hot 100
The remix for the song features rap verses from Ol' Dirty Bastard, something Carey arranged to assist in her crossover into the hip-hop market and credited for introducing R&B and hip hop collaboration into mainstream pop culture, and for popularizing rap as a featuring act.

already on the playlist :ally:

Teletubby
7 minutes ago, dojo said:

already on the playlist :ally:

u0wVe_.gif

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

Archived