• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Blastertoyo said:

The first mainstream crunk hit 

Or

Also

invented rihanna

those are mainstream hitd but did heyt change the music industry or heavily influenced future songs? 

i'm failing to see how umbrella shaped the future

Blastertoyo
6 minutes ago, dojo said:

those are mainstream hitd but did heyt change the music industry or heavily influenced future songs? 

i'm failing to see how umbrella shaped the future

Without umbrella Rihanna would not be who she is now 

this wouldn’t exist without get low or yeah 

friday by Rebecca black didn’t do anything to influence the future of the industry. 

replace that with this since it’s also crunk and wouldn’t exist without get low or yeah 

and it’s the first time an artist rose from YouTube only

friday is just a bad song that went viral, where is the impact? People hated justin Bieber too and at the same time 

please enlighten me to death

8 minutes ago, Blastertoyo said:

Without umbrella Rihanna would not be who she is now 

this wouldn’t exist without get low or yeah 

friday by Rebecca black didn’t do anything to influence the future of the industry. 

replace that with this since it’s also crunk and wouldn’t exist without get low or yeah 

and it’s the first time an artist rose from YouTube only

friday is just a bad song that went viral, where is the impact? People hated justin Bieber too and at the same time 

i added yeah and get low but idk how rihanna's career is relevant to the music industry as a whole? we are talking about songs that started o revived a trend, not songs that boosted a single artist career. Umbrella was a product of its time and it stayed there, like Single Ladies, Shake it off or california gurls, that's it.

Blastertoyo
7 minutes ago, dojo said:

i added yeah and get low but idk how rihanna's career is relevant to the music industry as a whole? we are talking about songs that started o revived a trend, not songs that boosted a single artist career. Umbrella was a product of its time and it stayed there, like Single Ladies, Shake it off or california gurls, that's it.

https://davidjdeal.medium.com/how-rihanna-has-changed-the-game-for-the-music-fashion-beauty-industries-7e640217c645

https://www.npr.org/2018/08/15/638551793/rihanna-is-the-21st-centurys-most-influential-musician

https://pitchfork.com/features/overtones/10052-is-rihanna-the-most-influential-pop-singer-of-the-past-decade/

without Umbrella, Rihanna would literally not be a main pop girl. SOS was a #1 but Rihanna was literally known as the girl who could only get one hit per album 

umbrella gave Rihanna her career. Umbrella is Rihanna’s PokerFace. The other songs you listed didn’t give these girls their careers 

Blastertoyo
Just now, dojo said:

we found love is waaaay more influential with calvin harris sound and it's already there. 

It really isn’t 

Calvin even has better examples 

what you’re saying is Calvin Harris made Rihanna impactful 

and thats ridiculous 

Just now, Blastertoyo said:

It really isn’t 

Calvin even has better examples 

what you’re saying is Calvin Harris made Rihanna impactful 

and thats ridiculous 

Umbrella added. 

LeJudas

Everything Michael Jackson released 

Even when he peeped out a window, he would break the global culture :pawsup: respect. Only one who ever did that.

HuffsAhoy

I didn't read through all 20 pages but I assume the following Madonna songs are present:

-Holiday 

-Like a Virgin

-Papa Don't Preach 

-Like a Prayer

-Justify My Love

-Vogue

-Erotica

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.

Just now, HuffsAhoy said:

I didn't read through all 20 pages but I assume the following Madonna songs are present:

-Holiday 

-Like a Virgin

-Papa Don't Preach 

-Like a Prayer

-Justify My Love

-Vogue

-Erotica

like a virgin is since we all agrees is her only culture reset. the rest are just VERY ICONIC songs and thats a total different thing :ohwell:

HuffsAhoy
2 minutes ago, dojo said:

like a virgin is since we all agrees is her only culture reset. the rest are just VERY ICONIC songs and thats a total different thing :ohwell:

Cry Reaction GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.

Archived