💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

wich songs were CULTURE RESETS?

Dojo

Featured Posts

salty like sodium
2 minutes ago, dojo said:

thoughts on Gangnam style? from Korea? do we owe the rise of popularity of k pop in the 10s?

I think definitely Gangnam style, unless another Kpop hit was a viral sensation before? But it's the first one I remember, and I think it definitely was a precursor to Kpop mania

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FentyGa
7 minutes ago, dojo said:

some questions. Poker face more than just dance? it have to be one.

you oghta know ???????

baby one more time was not.

royals no, videogames came first.

fantasy???

i think poker face was more iconic than just dance/more risky and out there. the video def adds to its impact

you oughta know was huge:icega: alanis paved the way for the avrils and olivias of the world. she rly pushed the whole 90s alt rock movement (which obv existed before her but she was a major part of it)

baby one more time brought back teen pop. the 90s were all about adult contemporary, with MPGs releasing more ballads than anything. then, after bomt, every label wanted their own britney. from xtina to pink, mandy moore, robyn, and jessica simpson.

video games was a game changer, but royals ended pop (in a way). pop was at its peak in the early 2010s, but royals’ lyrical critique of pop culture + its’ minimalist production flipped the whole scene

fantasy remix featuring odb was one of the first pop/rap collabs. pop labels weren’t willing to feature rappers on pop songs because the audiences were so different. so, mariah and odb paved the way for crazy in love, just dance, love the way you lie, etc

Guillaume Hamon

6 minutes ago, Killa said:

The were def at least 10 songs on the radio about the big city, comes to mind that hypnotised by the lights or whatever But there are others. The weekend def road a wave but he’s the one everyone will remember

I meant for the 80's pop sound comeback, the lyrics are pretty generic indeed.

5 minutes ago, dojo said:

thoughts on Gangnam style? from Korea? do we owe the rise of popularity of k pop in the 10s?

I would say yes.

Also miami soundsystem had a latin pop hit with Dr beat 2 years before la Isla bonita so I wouldn't say la isla bonita is what made it mainstream.

1 minute ago, salty like sodium said:

Golfinger was first and probably inspired a lot of the other ones, I'd go with that.

Probably an Elvis song, but Idk which one. Same for the Beatles, same for ACDC, same for Frank Sinatra – all of these have influenced music in some way shape or form.

Added Goldfinger, so iconic!
The problem with Elvis was the cultural apropiation so i think we should research those decades better, added Gangnam Style!

1 minute ago, FentyGa said:

i think poker face was more iconic than just dance/more risky and out there. the video def adds to its impact

you oughta know was huge:icega: alanis paved the way for the avrils and olivias of the world. she rly pushed the whole 90s alt rock movement (which obv existed before her but she was a major part of it)

baby one more time brought back teen pop. the 90s were all about adult contemporary, with MPGs releasing more ballads than anything. then, after bomt, every label wanted their own britney. from xtina to pink, mandy moore, robyn, and jessica simpson.

video games was a game changer, but royals ended pop (in a way). pop was at its peak in the early 2010s, but royals’ lyrical critique of pop culture + its’ minimalist production flipped the whole scene

fantasy remix featuring odb was one of the first pop/rap collabs. pop labels weren’t willing to feature rappers on pop songs because the audiences were so different. so, mariah and odb paved the way for crazy in love, just dance, love the way you lie, etc

poker face replaces just dance

added you oughta know from 1995.

i thought boy bands brought back teen pop? and Britney followed? there's some controversy on this i hope someone helps because i don't know much about boy bands.

added the iconic fantasy remix! also do we need more mariah? i was reading that Adele article that she made ballads popular during several decades?

also thoughts on ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS YOU? was it a culture reset?

salty like sodium
3 minutes ago, dojo said:

Added Goldfinger, so iconic!
The problem with Elvis was the cultural apropiation so i think we should research those decades better, added Gangnam Style!

Yeah I get that but also just because him appropriating the culture doesn't change the fact that he did influence culture in a major way, because he popularised the genres/styles he was appropriating from. So the question is whether to ignore people who have influenced culture based on ethics or if they should be included based on impact alone, which will be up to you in the way you want to curate the list, no right or wrong answers here!

5 minutes ago, Guillaume Hamon said:

And bef

I meant for the 80's pop sound comeback, the lyrics are pretty generic indeed.

I would say yes.

Also miami soundsystem had a latin pop hit with Dr beat 2 years before la Isla bonita so I wouldn't say la isla bonita is what made it mainstream.

this is a super cool fact! added Dr Beat, the miami sound system is so iconic, they have another bops am i right?

salty like sodium

Maybe Macarena?
Also David Guetta, because I think DJs like Avicii and Calvin Harris owe their careers to him breaking the mould and becoming a "celebrity DJ"

2 minutes ago, salty like sodium said:

Yeah I get that but also just because him appropriating the culture doesn't change the fact that he did influence culture in a major way, because he popularised the genres/styles he was appropriating from. So the question is whether to ignore people who have influenced culture based on ethics or if they should be included based on impact alone, which will be up to you in the way you want to curate the list, no right or wrong answers here!

but wich song? he have so many :bradley:

Just now, salty like sodium said:

Maybe Macarena?
Also David Guetta, because I think DJs like Avicii and Calvin Harris owe their careers to him breaking the mould and becoming a "celebrity DJ"

MACARENA TOTALLY OMG, and the other one, ughh i cant recall the name, that song that is like a naughty dance?

and yes, we need David Guetta, he was a main force during late 00s and most of the 10s

Also we def need Diplo, i was thinking Lean On?

3 minutes ago, Tinnitus15 said:

Olivia Rodrigo,Addison Rae….

then help us sistern, help us understand the culture :triggered:

Tinnitus15
Just now, dojo said:

then help us sistern, help us understand the culture :triggered:

It’s definitely not Addison Rae,or that tik tok girl,sampling her idol,who’s suing her…

Archived