you oughta know

poker face

baby one more time

we found love

royals

smells like teen spirit

fantasy (remix)

there’s obv others but that’s what comes to mind

some questions. Poker face more than just dance? it have to be one.

you oghta know ???????

baby one more time was not.

we found love, yes i agree, totally 100% added.

royals no, videogames came first.

smell like teen spirit added.

fantasy???

salty like sodium

Also Gangnam style and other viral moments, possibly Justin Bieber with Baby? It depends on what you consider a cultural reset.

salty like sodium
Just now, dojo said:

some questions. Poker face more than just dance? it have to be one.

you oghta know ???????

baby one more time was not.

we found love, yes i agree, totally 100% added.

royals no, videogames came first.

smell like teen spirit added.

fantasy???

Fantasy (Remix) - Mariah Carey feat. ODB, is credited as being what made rap features cross over into the pop mainstream

4 minutes ago, dojo said:

i'm actually struggling with that, was it pharrell? kanye? jay z? all of them? for the early 00s massive hip hop reintroduction after the bubblegum pop bomb

I think hip hip has increasingly more popular. In the 2000s it got international hits. Maybe the fudges

ready or not would be a culture reset as well.

its one of the most proeminent hip hop mainstream sucesses abroad

edit Mess the fugees 

salty like sodium

Probably one of Eminem's early hits as well, possibly a bond theme (maybe the Nancy Sinatra one?) So many things that defined music haha

1 minute ago, salty like sodium said:

Fantasy (Remix) - Mariah Carey feat. ODB, is credited as being what made rap features cross over into the pop mainstream

2 minutes ago, Killa said:

I think hip hip has increasingly more popular. In the 2000s it got international hits. Maybe the fudges

ready or not would be a culture reset as well.

its one of the most proeminent hip hop mainstream sucesses abroad

amazing, thank you! this is the type of replies i am expecting, both added.

Guillaume Hamon
9 minutes ago, dojo said:

also wich artist, band broke the pop barrier in the early 2000s and introduced a more rnb- hip hop urban sound? Was it Pharrell? Because that's what made Crazy In Love a smash!

I don't know if it fully anwers you but late 90's Mariah Carey did a lot to bring the hip/hop-R&B pop sound of the 2000's.

Also it's really blinding lights which brought this 80's sound imo.

Cello
26 minutes ago, KanyeWest said:

4) Saturday Night Fever - Bee Gees (The biggest influence in the world on disco sound)

This 1000%. Totally changed the landscape. 

I want to say ABBA as well because they're just so brilliant and unique in a similar way to Bee Gees, but I don't see much of their influence in modern music apart from the occasional Madonna or Cher song (which is a shame, somebody please tell me if I have this wrong!) 

she/her 👹🖤 | 🚫Tabloid Junkie🎶

salty like sodium

Probably Taylor Swift with Love Story as well, in the way it changed the landscape of pop and led her to a career that inspired a whole generation of both country and pop artists in the way they write lyrics or melodies? Also Carly Rae Jepsen - Call Me Maybe is possibly the birth of the 'viral hit' ? Or whichever song did that first

4 minutes ago, salty like sodium said:

Probably one of Eminem's early hits as well, possible a bond theme (maybe the Nancy Sinatra one?) So many things that defined music haha

Maybe Diamonds are Forever or Goldfinger? That made the bond songs so iconic! What about These Boots are made for walking? was a byproduct of its time?

4 minutes ago, Guillaume Hamon said:

I don't know if it fully anwers you but late 90's Mariah Carey did a lot to bring the hip/hop-R&B pop sound of the 2000's.

i added the fantasy remix

3 minutes ago, Cello said:

This 1000%. Totally changed the landscape. 

I want to say ABBA as well because they're just so brilliant and unique in a similar way to Bee Gees, but I don't see much of their influence in modern music apart from the occasional Madonna or Cher song (which is a shame, somebody please tell me if I have this wrong!) 

agree with @KanyeWest and saturday night fever from 1977, added.

1 minute ago, Guillaume Hamon said:

The were def at least 10 songs on the radio about the big city, comes to mind that hypnotised by the lights or whatever But there are others. The weekend def road a wave but he’s the one everyone will remember

salty like sodium
3 minutes ago, dojo said:

Maybe Diamonds are Forever or Goldfinger? That made the bond songs so iconic! What about These Boots are made for walking? was a byproduct of its time?

i added the fantasy remix

agree with @KanyeWest and saturday night fever from 1977, added.

Golfinger was first and probably inspired a lot of the other ones, I'd go with that.

Probably an Elvis song, but Idk which one. Same for the Beatles, same for ACDC, same for Frank Sinatra – all of these have influenced music in some way shape or form.

Archived