💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

wich songs were CULTURE RESETS?

Dojo

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, Cello said:

Baby One More Time and Toxic perhaps? 

Oh yeah baby one more time, redefined the sound of the late 90s, catalyzed the career of Mandy Moore, Jessica Simpson or Xtina huge cultural reset

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, KanyeWest said:

Oh yeah baby one more time, redefined the sound of the late 90s, catalyzed the career of Mandy Moore, Jessica Simpson or Xtina huge cultural reset

yeah that's another enigma because i was actually reading about it she didn't introduce that sound, it was actually boy bands the ones that did it, after a punk infested decade

Of course Poker face by Gaga, redefined the sound of the 10's, huge cultural reset. Not addison rae girl, and I think driver's license could be defined as cultural reset if it had an impact on the music busienss. To me she's playing with some old school 00s kinda high school american movie rock music blended with pop, but i don't see any artists influenced by that sound, or the success of her song didn't really impacted the industry in a way where different artists emerge to try to replicate the sound because they see the bucks it can make you. That's the opposite of Poker face for example or Just dance, it created a new trend for a decade, and Gaga's influecne goes even beyond because she influenced the wardrobes of many popstars and even women rappers

Cello

Space Oddity by David Bowie in the 60s, just way ahead of its time 

she/her 👹🖤 | 🚫Tabloid Junkie🎶

2 minutes ago, dojo said:

yeah that's another enigma because i was actually reading about it she didn't introduce that sound, it was actually boy bands the ones that did it, after a punk infested decade

Yes the sound was mostly so typical of boy bands, wasn't hugely popular for females back then.

1 minute ago, KanyeWest said:

Yes the sound was mostly so typical of boy bands, wasn't hugely popular for females back then.

but wich boy band? there were so many!

Cello

I think both Dua and The Weeknd are equally responsible for the 80s trend seeing as they released so close to one another (as far as I'm aware) and both had success with it 

also wich artist, band broke the pop barrier in the early 2000s and introduced a more rnb- hip hop urban sound? Was it Pharrell? Because that's what made Crazy In Love a smash!

2 minutes ago, Cello said:

I think both Dua and The Weeknd are equally responsible for the 80s trend seeing as they released so close to one another (as far as I'm aware) and both had success with it 

I think Blinding Lights was more responsible so i will add that one.

BTW please lets not focus only in the last two decades! let's bring that music knowledge please, 70s, 40s, 20s

Cello

This might not be a popular opinion here but Kanye completely changed the hip hop game in early 00s in terms of his slower style of rapping (when fast rapping was v popular) and his unique way of sampling. Any big single from his first 2 albums e.g. Gold Digger, Touch The Sky, Through The Wire, All Falls Down

Guillaume Hamon
18 minutes ago, dojo said:

wich decade? And added Billie Jean, you are right.

It was in 1998. 😁

Just now, Cello said:

This might not be a popular opinion here but Kanye completely changed the hip hop game in early 00s in terms of his slower style of rapping (when fast rapping was v popular) and his unique way of sampling. Any big single from his first 2 albums e.g. Gold Digger, Touch The Sky, Through The Wire, All Falls Down

i'm actually struggling with that, was it pharrell? kanye? jay z? all of them? for the early 00s massive hip hop reintroduction after the bubblegum pop bomb

salty like sodium

I think one of Billie Eilish's songs could go there, she did have an impact on music and Olivia Rodrigo is definitely like an offshoot of that. Probably Crazy in Love by Beyoncé, Vision of Love by Mariah Carey, and a Whitney number (maybe I will always love you, maybe a different one). My Heart Will Go On by Céline, possibly? And DEFINITELY Madonna's Debut single and Thriller by MJ. Also not sure about this but could Anaconda by Nicki Minaj be considered a cultural reset? 

Archived