Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

wich songs were CULTURE RESETS?

Dojo

Featured Posts

In-Shot-20211014-121658923.jpg

I'm crafting a cute little playlist with only CULTURE RESETS

I'm ordering trough decades but ngl i'm struggling due to my limited knowledge

Can you reccomend me CULTURE RESETTERS that changed the course of music? specially in past decades and back up your suggestion?

Some things i struggling with:
- Was Blinding Lights the song that introduced the 80s sound back in the late 10s? It was release in November 2019 Or was Don't Start Now? In October 2019? Or none of them?

- Was Just Dance the song that introduce dance-electro pop in the late 00s?

- Was La Isla Bonita a deal breaker? Or were others before that had that latin pop vibe?

Also this is a collaborative playlist so if you have a spotify please feel free to add your sound defining bops.

• Dojo changed the title to wich songs were CULTURE RESETS?
  • Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
John Wayne

as excellent as it is, drivers license had NO cultural impact, only had like a massive surge of popularity.

also Adison Rae :bear:

Cello

Billie Jean, the beginning of Black artists getting proper rotation of their music videos on MTV. MJ broke that barrier :)

she/her 👹🖤 | 🚫Tabloid Junkie🎶

1 minute ago, John Wayne said:

as excellent as it is, drivers license had NO cultural impact, only had like a massive surge of popularity.

also Adison Rae :bear:

idk wich user here brought a very valid argument about how good 4 u and Driver's license were introducing a new sound this decade and i think it's valid

you know what i'm changing it for GOOD 4 U since it's bringing punk back

Cultural reset songs :

1) Jailhouse Rock - Elvis (the introduction to rock n roll to the white demographic of america)

2) Eleanor Rigby - Beatles (first pop song to deal with death and loneliness, first pop group to experiment their sound and introduce classical elements)

3) Thriller - Michael Jackson (video is a big part of it for the first time in music history the video was a mini movie relating to the song in a cohesive way, for the first time in history a black artist was broadcasted on MTV)

4) Saturday Night Fever - Bee Gees (The biggest influence in the world on disco sound)

5) Born to die + video games - Lana Del Rey (The catalyst for indie music we have today)

6) Smells like teen spirit - Nirvana (Dominating the grunge genre in the 90s)

Cello

I would also credit Cher's Believe with popularising autotune in an artistic way 

Just now, Cello said:

I would also credit Cher's Believe with popularising autotune in an artistic way 

wich decade? And added Billie Jean, you are right.

Cello
Just now, dojo said:

wich decade? And added Billie Jean, you are right.

90s I think :)

Just now, Cello said:

Honestly this reminds me of Tpain, sure not the greatest artist ever in my opinion but huge influence of autotune in hip hop, which later on rappers starting to experiment with and certainly what we hear today like Travis Scott etc wouldn't happen without Tpain (my opinion)

Cello
Just now, KanyeWest said:

Honestly this reminds me of Tpain, sure not the greatest artist ever in my opinion but huge influence of autotune in hip hop, which later on rappers starting to experiment with and certainly what we hear today like Travis Scott etc wouldn't happen without Tpain (my opinion)

Totally agree! 

John Wayne
3 minutes ago, dojo said:

idk wich user here brought a very valid argument about how good 4 u and Driver's license were introducing a new sound this decade and i think it's valid

you know what i'm changing it for GOOD 4 U since it's bringing punk back

I think it's more like a re-introduction of the sound to the new generation, similarly to Avril Lavigne (and others) in the 2000s. 

1 minute ago, John Wayne said:

I think it's more like a re-introduction of the sound to the new generation, similarly to Avril Lavigne (and others) in the 2000s. 

exactly and that's a culture reset, you can ask Normani if you have doubts about the concept.

Archived