Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

wich songs were CULTURE RESETS?

Dojo

Featured Posts

salty like sodium
3 minutes ago, dojo said:

but wich song? he have so many :bradley:

Sadly I'm not very good with Elvis ... Does this list help ? https://www.goldminemag.com/articles/15-most-influential-elvis-songs

In a similar style, possibly Audrey Hepburn's Moon River, and DEFINITELY Marilyn's Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend.

2 minutes ago, dojo said:

MACARENA TOTALLY OMG, and the other one, ughh i cant recall the name, that song that is like a naughty dance?

and yes, we need David Guetta, he was a main force during late 00s and most of the 10s

Also we def need Diplo, i was thinking Lean On?

Not sure which song you're talking about. For David Guetta it would probably be When Love Takes Over. I don't think Diplo had much of an impact tho tbh, to me he is an offshoot from Guetta but I might be wrong.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Tinnitus15 said:

It’s definitely not Addison Rae,or that tik tok girl,sampling her idol,who’s suing her…

just the fact that she comes from tik tok means a CULTURE RESET, the fact the app is giving birth new artists

it's very clear a CULTURE RESET

salty like sodium

Does Sk8er Boi by Avril Lavigne count? She was everywhere for about 5 years back then.

2 minutes ago, salty like sodium said:

Sadly I'm not very good with Elvis ... Does this list help ? https://www.goldminemag.com/articles/15-most-influential-elvis-songs

In a similar style, possibly Audrey Hepburn's Moon River, and DEFINITELY Marilyn's Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend.

Not sure which song you're talking about. For David Guetta it would probably be When Love Takes Over. I don't think Diplo had much of an impact tho tbh, to me he is an offshoot from Guetta but I might be wrong.

Added suspicious minds by elvis because it have the most streams? the funny thing is that sounds exactly like rock around the clock by Bill Haley :cyanlights:

btw @Cello that article is amazing, thank you so much!

FentyGa
7 minutes ago, dojo said:

poker face replaces just dance

added you oughta know from 1995.

i thought boy bands brought back teen pop? and Britney followed? there's some controversy on this i hope someone helps because i don't know much about boy bands.

added the iconic fantasy remix! also do we need more mariah? i was reading that Adele article that she made ballads popular during several decades?

also thoughts on ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS YOU? was it a culture reset?

the teen pop thing is definitely interesting, i think the boy bands were a pre cursor for the teen pop girls, but britney was the first of a commonly imitated archetype, the 2000s blonde pop star

mariah is def an important one, i think AIWFCIY is one of the biggest modern xmas songs (next to last christmas). vision of love was her debut, which was pretty major for adult contemporary and ballads in the 90s. honey also helped popularise R&B in mainstream culture

Blastertoyo
39 minutes ago, KanyeWest said:

Yes the sound was mostly so typical of boy bands, wasn't hugely popular for females back then.

42 minutes ago, dojo said:

yeah that's another enigma because i was actually reading about it she didn't introduce that sound, it was actually boy bands the ones that did it, after a punk infested decade

It’s not an enigma

Britney took the max martin sound and made it a number one for the first time in music history, Baby one more time is the song that made max Martin a “pop hitmaker”

She also created the teen pop, main pop girl, popstar, bubblegum pop, Disney star to popstar pipeline that we know today

please enlighten me to death

Cello
Just now, Anveeroy said:

I was waiting for a Kylie bop

she/her 👹🖤 | 🚫Tabloid Junkie🎶

salty like sodium
Just now, dojo said:

Added suspicious minds by elvis because it have the most streams? the funny thing is that sounds exactly like rock around the clock by Bill Haley :cyanlights:

HAha I don't know either of those songs.

Also not to point out the obvious but obviously All I Want For Christmas Is You is a cultural reset :huntyga: NOT Mariah Carey having 3 cultural resets and being forgotten today by the GP ...

Cello

Spice Girls - Wannabe 

The birth of the modern pop girl band :sis:

she/her 👹🖤 | 🚫Tabloid Junkie🎶

Just now, FentyGa said:

the teen pop thing is definitely interesting, i think the boy bands were a pre cursor for the teen pop girls, but britney was the first of a commonly imitated archetype, the 2000s blonde pop star

mariah is def an important one, i think AIWFCIY is one of the biggest modern xmas songs (next to last christmas). vision of love was her debut, which was pretty major for adult contemporary and ballads in the 90s. honey also helped popularise R&B in mainstream culture

i am NOT going to add Britney, clearly you guys want her, she might be iconic, might be popular, she prob had a lot of wannabes but SONICALLY she didn't change anything, without the teen pop sound that boy bands brought or that sweedish girl (forgot the name) they would not be Britney. Help us @Gimme More

salty like sodium
2 minutes ago, FentyGa said:

I think Vision of Love (as I originally suggested) for introducing Melisma, Whistles and Belts in Mariah-style to the mainstream culture and amateurs singers, which influenced everyone from Beyoncé to Rihanna and Taylor Swift and Adele and Gaga ...

Then Fantasy with ODB for the rap/hip-hop crossover hit. I don't think Honey is needed again as Fantasy was the first example of this, and the more enduring one.

Then AIWFCIY. And I think that's already quite a few resets for Queen Carey 

salty like sodium
2 minutes ago, dojo said:

i am NOT going to add Britney, clearly you guys want her, she might be iconic, might be popular, she prob had a lot of wannabes but SONICALLY she didn't change anything, without the teen pop sound that boy bands brought or that sweedish girl (forgot the name) they would not be Britney. Help us @Gimme More

I actually don't like Britney's music but she definitely was a reset because she was the one who popularised the kind of Disney Girl turns sex icon/pop megastar model that has moulded artists like Miley Cyrus, Selena Gomez, Zendaya, Demi, etc.

"Tired of being compared, to damn Britney Spears, shes so pretty. That just aint me"

Started the pop-punk era for female pop stars in 00's when it was very r&b and pure pop, definitely a reset!

Archived