Jump to content

MARRY THE NIGHT ANNIVERSARY T-SHIRT

opinion

wich songs were CULTURE RESETS?


Featured Posts

FentyGa

you oughta know

poker face

baby one more time

we found love

royals

smells like teen spirit

fantasy (remix)

there’s obv others but that’s what comes to mind

  • YAAAS 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • dojo

    104

  • salty like sodium

    37

  • Blastertoyo

    29

  • Cello

    27

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

as excellent as it is, drivers license had NO cultural impact, only had like a massive surge of popularity. also Adison Rae 

I would also credit Cher's Believe with popularising autotune in an artistic way 

Billie Jean, the beginning of Black artists getting proper rotation of their music videos on MTV. MJ broke that barrier

Just now, FentyGa said:

you oughta know

poker face

baby one more time

we found love

royals

smells like teen spirit

fantasy (remix)

there’s obv others but that’s what comes to mind

some questions. Poker face more than just dance? it have to be one.

you oghta know ???????

baby one more time was not.

we found love, yes i agree, totally 100% added.

royals no, videogames came first.

smell like teen spirit added.

fantasy???

please correct my english, xx
Link to post
Share on other sites
salty like sodium
Just now, dojo said:

some questions. Poker face more than just dance? it have to be one.

you oghta know ???????

baby one more time was not.

we found love, yes i agree, totally 100% added.

royals no, videogames came first.

smell like teen spirit added.

fantasy???

Fantasy (Remix) - Mariah Carey feat. ODB, is credited as being what made rap features cross over into the pop mainstream

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, dojo said:

i'm actually struggling with that, was it pharrell? kanye? jay z? all of them? for the early 00s massive hip hop reintroduction after the bubblegum pop bomb

I think hip hip has increasingly more popular. In the 2000s it got international hits. Maybe the fudges

ready or not would be a culture reset as well.

its one of the most proeminent hip hop mainstream sucesses abroad

 

edit Mess the fugees 

Edited by Killa
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
salty like sodium

Probably one of Eminem's early hits as well, possibly a bond theme (maybe the Nancy Sinatra one?) So many things that defined music haha

Edited by salty like sodium
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, salty like sodium said:

Fantasy (Remix) - Mariah Carey feat. ODB, is credited as being what made rap features cross over into the pop mainstream

 

2 minutes ago, Killa said:

I think hip hip has increasingly more popular. In the 2000s it got international hits. Maybe the fudges

ready or not would be a culture reset as well.

its one of the most proeminent hip hop mainstream sucesses abroad

amazing, thank you! this is the type of replies i am expecting, both added.

please correct my english, xx
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guillaume Hamon
9 minutes ago, dojo said:

also wich artist, band broke the pop barrier in the early 2000s and introduced a more rnb- hip hop urban sound? Was it Pharrell? Because that's what made Crazy In Love a smash!

I don't know if it fully anwers you but late 90's Mariah Carey did a lot to bring the hip/hop-R&B pop sound of the 2000's.

Also it's really blinding lights which brought this 80's sound imo.

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, KanyeWest said:

4) Saturday Night Fever - Bee Gees (The biggest influence in the world on disco sound)

This 1000%. Totally changed the landscape. 

 

I want to say ABBA as well because they're just so brilliant and unique in a similar way to Bee Gees, but I don't see much of their influence in modern music apart from the occasional Madonna or Cher song (which is a shame, somebody please tell me if I have this wrong!) 

she/her
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
salty like sodium

Probably Taylor Swift with Love Story as well, in the way it changed the landscape of pop and led her to a career that inspired a whole generation of both country and pop artists in the way they write lyrics or melodies? Also Carly Rae Jepsen - Call Me Maybe is possibly the birth of the 'viral hit' ? Or whichever song did that first

Edited by salty like sodium
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, salty like sodium said:

Probably one of Eminem's early hits as well, possible a bond theme (maybe the Nancy Sinatra one?) So many things that defined music haha

Maybe Diamonds are Forever or Goldfinger? That made the bond songs so iconic! What about These Boots are made for walking? was a byproduct of its time?

4 minutes ago, Guillaume Hamon said:

I don't know if it fully anwers you but late 90's Mariah Carey did a lot to bring the hip/hop-R&B pop sound of the 2000's.

Also it's really blinding lights which brought this 80's sound imo.

i added the fantasy remix

3 minutes ago, Cello said:

This 1000%. Totally changed the landscape. 

 

I want to say ABBA as well because they're just so brilliant and unique in a similar way to Bee Gees, but I don't see much of their influence in modern music apart from the occasional Madonna or Cher song (which is a shame, somebody please tell me if I have this wrong!) 

agree with @KanyeWest and saturday night fever from 1977, added.

Edited by dojo
please correct my english, xx
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Guillaume Hamon said:

I don't know if it fully anwers you but late 90's Mariah Carey did a lot to bring the hip/hop-R&B pop sound of the 2000's.

Also it's really blinding lights which brought this 80's sound imo.

The were def at least 10 songs on the radio about the big city, comes to mind that hypnotised by the lights or whatever But there are others. The weekend def road a wave but he’s the one everyone will remember

Link to post
Share on other sites
salty like sodium
3 minutes ago, dojo said:

Maybe Diamonds are Forever or Goldfinger? That made the bond songs so iconic! What about These Boots are made for walking? was a byproduct of its time?

i added the fantasy remix

agree with @KanyeWest and saturday night fever from 1977, added.

Golfinger was first and probably inspired a lot of the other ones, I'd go with that.

Probably an Elvis song, but Idk which one. Same for the Beatles, same for ACDC, same for Frank Sinatra – all of these have influenced music in some way shape or form.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...