opinion

wich songs were CULTURE RESETS?

Dojo

Featured Posts

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, dojo said:

- Was Just Dance the song that introduce dance-electro pop in the late 00s?

Nope. 

Kylie Minogue, Janet Jackson and even Hilary Duff did it first.

6 minutes ago, artlover said:

Nope. 

Kylie Minogue, Janet Jackson and even Hilary Duff did it first.

poker face and just dance deleted then

Cello

Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen was a moment. 

Also we need a Prince song. Purple Rain or When Doves Cry? 

she/her 👹🖤 | 🚫Tabloid Junkie🎶

Monster7

Rock: Bohemian Rhapsody (not even a mentiom in 16 pages:bear:), Back in Black/Thunderstruck (the definition of 80s rock), and With or Without You (it caused a rise of alternative and soft pop groups later like Oasis, Coldplay, Keane and so on)

Pop: Thriller should be added with Billie Jean too, Like a Prayer definately has had an impact in pop culture to this day, while PF brought dance pop in the spotlight BR caused the revival of music videos in the youtube era, so BR is really missing

Reggaeton: I know Macarena and Shakira did a lot for latin music, but it's La Gasolina the one that pushed the genre to this day

Rap/Hip Hop: The Real Slim Shady, Hotline Bling

EDM: Memories shaped EDM until Wake Me Up changed it until this day

2 minutes ago, Cello said:

Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen was a moment. 

Also we need a Prince song. Purple Rain or When Doves Cry? 

i wanted to add bohemian rhapsody because according to my little research was like a little opera? they mention romans holiday was inspired by it (by miqui minach)

1 minute ago, brizoda said:

Surf Music

i love surf music! actually toxic by britney spears heavily relies on surf music from the 60s! 

4 minutes ago, Monster7 said:

Rock: Bohemian Rhapsody (not even a mentiom in 16 pages:bear:), Back in Black/Thunderstruck (the definition of 80s rock), and With or Without You (it caused a rise of alternative and soft pop groups later like Oasis, Coldplay, Keane and so on)

Pop: Thriller should be added with Billie Jean too, Like a Prayer definately has had an impact in pop culture to this day, while PF brought dance pop in the spotlight BR caused the revival of music videos in the youtube era, so BR is really missing

Reggaeton: I know Macarena and Shakira did a lot for latin music, but it's La Gasolina the one that pushed the genre to this day

Rap/Hip Hop: The Real Slim Shady, Hotline Bling

EDM: Memories shaped EDM until Wake Me Up changed it until this day

taking notes! thank you for the little background info

Archived