Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

wich songs were CULTURE RESETS?

Dojo

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, PussOfYonce said:

Crazy In Love, Single Ladies and Formation (Sorry too)

especially single ladies when that **** came out you could not escape it 

oh f*** single ladies omg, was more of a standalone hit? i don't think it resetted the culture since everything stayed dance electro pop after it.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
salty like sodium
4 minutes ago, dojo said:

Taylor Swift love story was a hit but it wasnt a CULTURE RESET actually she adapted to the culture fusioning with pop, she always follow trends instead of seeting them.

I added work it by missy elliot and Crazy In Love, but with Madonna is hard because i feel like she is just there existing only

For Love Story I think it's more the phenomenon it created. Entire generations of teenage girls were inspired by Swift. That Love Story song (and all the Taylor Swift songs made possible following its success) has inspired every young artist now from Troye Sivan to Olivia Rodrigo, Billie Eilish, etc. Justin Bieber opened her tour, so did Ed Sheeran, so she brought them into the mainstream. And Love Story introduced country music to non-US markets, where country wasn't a popular genre until then, like Asia and Europe. More info here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taylor_Swift#Impact

What does "Madonna is just there existing only" even mean ???? :messga:

1 minute ago, NicoB said:

YES! It was even influential in sinatra's career

I know! exactly! i've heard thousand of versions about it! even amy winehouse did a cover! from 1964, culture reset ADDED!

PussOfYonce
2 minutes ago, dojo said:

oh f*** single ladies omg, was more of a standalone hit? i don't think it resetted the culture since everything stayed dance electro pop after it.

maybe not influenced the culture but it definitely had immense impact, actually a song that yall will probs just comb over is Run the world and subsequently ***Flawless, those 2 songs opened the floodgates to feminism in the mainstream and you cannot say otherwise

✨ puthy tight, puthy clean, puthy fresh ✨

5 minutes ago, Cello said:

I'd go with one of the MCR songs and then a Blink 182 song, maybe All The Small Things

all the small things made fun of boy bands and britney, christina back in the day and it was named the most influential pop songs even tho it was a fusion of punk pop genres hardly influenced by the bad the ramones

iconic, ADDED!

salty like sodium
1 minute ago, PussOfYonce said:

maybe not influenced the culture but it definitely had immense impact, actually a song that yall will probs just comb over is Run the world and subsequently ***Flawless, those 2 songs opened the floodgates to feminism in the mainstream and you cannot say otherwise

I'm a huge Beyoncé fan but I personally feel these are a bit of a stretch :messga: Her legacy and impact is undeniable to me but can unfortunately not be pinned down to specific songs, because they never dominated the charts and the GP's listening to them. I suppose Single Ladies is responsible for the infamous "Imma Let You Finish" speech though so maybe that's a cultural reset :huntyga:

5 minutes ago, salty like sodium said:

For Love Story I think it's more the phenomenon it created. Entire generations of teenage girls were inspired by Swift. That Love Story song (and all the Taylor Swift songs made possible following its success) has inspired every young artist now from Troye Sivan to Olivia Rodrigo, Billie Eilish, etc. Justin Bieber opened her tour, so did Ed Sheeran, so she brought them into the mainstream. And Love Story introduced country music to non-US markets, where country wasn't a popular genre until then, like Asia and Europe. More info here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taylor_Swift#Impact

What does "Madonna is just there existing only" even mean ???? :messga:

i just feel like she have bops and a lot of success but apart from her controversies she doesn't bring anything new!

is there an iconic fact fro her discography apart from sampling abba? ray of light or like a prayer were culture resets?

Cello

I'm loving this thread, can't wait to see your finished playlist :)

she/her 👹🖤 | 🚫Tabloid Junkie🎶

how do we feel about latin songs that exploded worldwide like Despacito, Bailando or Living La Vida Loca?

Just now, Cello said:

I'm loving this thread, can't wait to see your finished playlist :)

is going to be our baby!

PussOfYonce
2 minutes ago, salty like sodium said:

I'm a huge Beyoncé fan but I personally feel these are a bit of a stretch :messga: Her legacy and impact is undeniable to me but can unfortunately not be pinned down to specific songs, because they never dominated the charts and the GP's listening to them. I suppose Single Ladies is responsible for the infamous "Imma Let You Finish" speech though so maybe that's a cultural reset :huntyga:

thats true they did "flop" (in quotation marks cause run the world got 400 million streams and flawless (both versions) have collectively 200 million)

but yeah although they flopped they def had impact

✨ puthy tight, puthy clean, puthy fresh ✨

NichuuB
3 minutes ago, dojo said:

how do we feel about latin songs that exploded worldwide like Despacito, Bailando or Living La Vida Loca?

Also, who was responsible for the tropical house and trap? Regaeton definitely was due to despacito (even tho i hate this music)

Property of @Whale

phantasmas

it hasnt happened yet but someone will make a song out of this and HERSTORY HERSELF will be reset 

Cello

I don't know enough about Madonna's music to suggest a particular song that sums up her influence. But for her impact on feminism and sexual liberation, maybe Justify My Love or Human Nature. 

she/her 👹🖤 | 🚫Tabloid Junkie🎶

Archived